Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress?  (Read 2716 times)
boty

Activity: 1162
Merit: 208

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:04:44 AM

I do not really see the bitcoin price conditions too often, I only see bitcoin prices and market conditions when I have spare time only, if I do not have spare time I will not see exchange places and bitcoin prices because I have a lot of work that I have not finish.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alfiehob

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:58:57 AM

Depends on what’s going on in the market. It's your obligation, don't need to check when you hodl in the long term basis. I check individual coins I am involved in daily. I'm trying to stay away in bear markets.

In this crypto currency fields stress takes you to a bad decision but we need a patience level for that if you had that it will give you a good hope for making good decision.
A whole lot! You will definitely feel stressed only if you do not have it in mind that it is a pretty volatile market or may be if you are an inexperienced investor who bought at the top and focusing on the short term benefit.

Market is always ahead of everyone and as long as you are not trading, you should be more focused on the long term of the coins or tokens you are holding than the current situation they are in as that would make it easy to feel less stressed even when the market is not doing well.
Yeah long term investors have no need to check the price daily but still they do because if they do not want to sell even then they check the price on daily basis to know how they earn and lost. I think daily checking the price increase headache and it should not be done because crypto investment should be for long term or you can trade if you want quick results.
kateryana81

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:37:06 AM

Before now I use to check bitcoin price on daily basis when its value was above $8000 but now that the value of bitcoin is currently below $7500 I only check price any time I receive payment from people I do business with here in the forum and outside of this forum.
Despite the fact, that the market is falling, I can't stop watching graphics and price every single hour. It's an addiction, very strong one!
If you are the one who has planned for long term holding of the bitcoin, then I don’t think so that there is any such need of checking the market value of the bitcoin after every hour as this won’t change your decision of holding your coins. It is a good thing to keep an eye on the crypto market but there is no such need to check the market value this much frequently. You can check it once in a week or so.
birzh0

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:08:20 AM

Last year i was checking it few times a day. But after this dump to 6500 and hodling all of shitcoins it cured. now maybe once a week. Grin
waiting and hodling. Without any hope in nearest time, but to autumn maybe
giaoduc24h

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:08:52 AM

I often check btc price, see it up or down to invest it. This regular checking feeling tired. I use androi app and set the alert and set the command.
popolite11

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:17:58 AM

Nowadays I changed my strategy and now I am checking once or twice a day. Before that it was may be hourly even if it is not important night or day time it is

I am always online. additionally, I have installed on my smartphone a special application that shows me the prices of the cryptocurrency regularly. I do not feel any stress if I see that the market is falling.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 07:23:57 AM

every time i check the prices, it always feels like i should have withdraw my money to usd. the stress is adding everyday. i was hoping the rise of prices last months are going to continue but didn't. i bought more eth at $602 now it drop to $480. sucks. but since i'm seeking a better future for myself that one day i can move to another place with all the riches i got from btc, i will hold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:49:29 AM

I often check the price of bitcoin and some other altcoin increase or decrease, about 1 hour I turn on Blogfolio and check them. I feel that it is a pretty meaningless thing but it has become accustomed to that. Given the current market situation I think it will take a long time to bitcoin and market recovery and I hope BTC will soon return to 20k usd

I check it regularly. I am sure that if you monitor the charts, you can predict the prices of the cryptocurrencies. if I see that they crypto is falling, it does not depress me.
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:11:09 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike

Everyday I am checking the price of the bitcoins of course because I am monitoring it maybe they rise up and I needed to sell or not. But once is enough to check the bitcoins price because theybwill never go 20k in an hour that is nearly impossible. And to cope up with the sttess of course do not let your emotion drive you always thinknof a way to get out like for example you are feeling the stress then do some other things for you to forgot and for yourind to chill
muddy waters

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike
Once a month is bad, of course, but checking the charts every few hours is also extreme stress.
I would recommend monitoring the price once a day (that's what I actually do) or twice a day (morning-evening) if you are a short-term trader.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 04:59:43 PM

With the situation of the market right now,  I suggest that stop looking at it from time to time.. Once a day is ok..  But if its stressing you out then stop looking at it. Maybe 3x a week is good,  do your best to do something else and not focus on what is happening with crypto currency. 
If you have invested money in bitcoin then you will check the price from time to time. it is not possible to restrict yourself from checking the price again and again if you have invested some money in bitcoin, i do check the price after every half an hour and that is what i have become use to with it, i do not think that it is creating stress if you have already gain some experience in bitcoin investment and trading.
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:20:40 PM

I often check btc price, see it up or down to invest it. This regular checking feeling tired. I use androi app and set the alert and set the command.
Regularly checking the value of Bitcoin and the coins you invest will make you feel very anxious and unable to focus on anything else. I've experienced it and I really do. This. I choose to hold long term potential coins and often do not care too much about the volatility of the market so my psychology was much better.

futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:24:55 AM

Thanks,
Mike
Once a month is bad, of course, but checking the charts every few hours is also extreme stress.
I would recommend monitoring the price once a day (that's what I actually do) or twice a day (morning-evening) if you are a short-term trader.
I know it is stressful doing that. This stress can be avoided by investing in long run. Once you are a long run investor, you would have the freedom to escape the regular checking of the charts and would worry about the prices only when it is boom. But in boom, you would only deal with the profit if you are a long run investor. It has been a history in the crypto trading that almost all the millionaires and billionaires are the long term investors.
karim30

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:07:02 AM

According to my habit I usually go to see the bitcoin price whenever I'm free. I am very afraid every bitcoin down. I often see the bitcoin price on coinmarketcap.com or on the binance where I traded
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:06:20 AM

I'm at the computer all day long, and also I have an application on my phone with which I'm always aware of the prices for bitcoins. But I don't look it there every minute or hour. I can check the price in the morning and sometimes in the evening. I think everyone needs to cope with emotions and just wait. Judging by some forecasts the rise is waiting for us only in the autumn. So now it makes no sense to waste one's nerves and worry.
AlaEhBTC

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

I always check it everyday,every hour, every minute before. But now I am stuck on my bitcoin trade and waiting for the price to go up again. It is kinda lonely to know that you are not profiting on bitcoin because I think many of us has decided to enter the crypto world to earn money. I still believe that the price will go up again, just HODL.
nikolas8667

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:24:24 PM

In my opinion, the best way to deal with stress is not to check the price of BTC for a long time. If you have decided to invest and hold the BTC should loose the body and should not see the BTC regularly!!!
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:42:07 PM

I always check it everyday,every hour, every minute before. But now I am stuck on my bitcoin trade and waiting for the price to go up again. It is kinda lonely to know that you are not profiting on bitcoin because I think many of us has decided to enter the crypto world to earn money. I still believe that the price will go up again, just HODL.
Actually if a person is investing money in bitcoin for long term, then he do not need to check the price from time to time, he can only wait for a long time, but if a person is a day trader then he need to and will check the price from time to time, because bitcoin price is too much volatile and anyting can happen at any time.
royale143

Activity: 294
Merit: 36

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:58:45 PM

Thanks,
Mike

I just check the value of btc when needed. I have learned that checking the prices frequently though it is not needed much might not help us but would just result to incertain and wrong decisions. Frequent checking is quite helpful but it is stressful during this dip.

AnalynCadiz

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:32:41 PM

I always monitor the value of bitcoin everyday before and you are right,everytime I see bitcoin's value keeps crashing down made me panic and feel stress. But I realized cryptocurrency market value is unpredictable so I have nothing to do now than just wait for the right time to achieve my goal and gain enough profit for my investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: