Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:31:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress?  (Read 2716 times)
beverly788113

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:41:47 PM

Very often especially when bitcoin prices's in the process of growth, even almost every hour I check it. But when bitcoin prices tend to be stagnant, I feel lazy to check it out and such situations feel really very boring

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike
I have very little bitcoin price checking, you can see that bitcoin prices in recent days are showing signs of slowing down after touching the $ 8400 level and is adjusting at the $ 8100 level. According to my analysis, the bitcoin price will continue to increase so I am not too tense while keeping bitcoin. The market is still showing very good signals so you do not need to worry too much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 11:04:12 PM

I believe that checking the market movement often will create serious tension particularly if the is going down against your entry position. As for me, is usually check the market two time in a week so the market tensions on me will not be that much.
rockyboy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:45:41 PM

When i see an indication that there is a possibility that btc price will go up,  i make it to the point that i check it most of the time. For i can invest in other coins for higher returns of investment.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:48:50 PM

As a day trader, I checked bitcoin and other major crypto prices every day as soon as switching on my pc before even heading to my trading platform and reading essential news.
bbcolex

Activity: 672

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:53:15 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike

It will really make you anxious if we are talking about money that we cant afford to lose try to divide your money to different coins not just btc , I was the same back then when I put all my money in bitcoin and felt anxious and crazy about it, looking the market every now and then and tend to panic if I saw a spike. Don't invest all your money it will help and invest only what you can afford to lose

BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:39:09 AM

Once every 3 days. It was stressful before when I was still new and shocked seeing bitcoin's price plummeting to $6k. It's very hard to adjust your mindset that easily but after a series of up and down, I got used to it and it don't stress me anymore.
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:29:03 AM

Once every 3 days. It was stressful before when I was still new and shocked seeing bitcoin's price plummeting to $6k. It's very hard to adjust your mindset that easily but after a series of up and down, I got used to it and it don't stress me anymore.

The rally is huge, and the bull run is expected to come very soon. That is why I am always checking the price of Bitcoin and the other alternative coins. Nevertheless, I cannot say that I feel some stress from it.
holtzmann

Activity: 179
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:40:50 PM

Each bitcoin owner or future investor needs to monitor the price at least twice a day - on opening trades and on its closing. Over time, you learn to foresee the growth or fall in price. And there is no need to be nervous. I think you’ll learn to be more patient with time, we all came thru this feeling.
Luketfallo

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:44:16 PM

I catch myself refreshing my Blockfolio app every hour, that's not normal but I just can't help it..
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:47:49 PM

If you have been trading bitcoin very reasonable amount of time,  One should have gotten used to the rigour of market and stress of cryptocurrency like bitcoin.  As a trader, your job is already cut out for you,  you must check the price of bitcoin against your entry price in order for you to make profit!

BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:00:55 PM

I used to check btc price constantly but it was causing me too much stress. Now, I may check it once a week since I'm not a day trader.  Some people have a real OCD and check prices every five minutes, I really don't see the point in doing this.  If you are and investor just hodl for years and try to forget about your coins.
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 04:52:21 PM

Here the question is: why do you check the state of coins so often? Do you have large amounts of investment and you expect a price increase? Or are you a trader and watch the market for growth and fall for speculation? Or are you just wondering? If the first thing is possible, try just to place an order on the exchange at a bargain price and be calm. Wink

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:38:42 PM

If you hold bitcoin, then you generally don't need to look at the price so often. Your nervous condition is only due to the fact that you don't have a plan. You must make yourself a clear plan. If you plan to sell bitcoin, and then buy it anew at a lower price, then just calculate for yourself the price at which you will sell bitcoin and for which you will buy it back. Now you are seized with greed, you want to sell bitcoin at the highest price, it's greed that makes you act that way and go crazy. Don't let this feeling control yourself.
After you calculate the prices you need, you will only have to look at the price once in 2-3 days, until the price of bitcoin is near the planned price. Next, of course you will need to view the price more often or just put a order for sale.
You must understand that looking through the price several times a day doesn't give you any important information (of course, if you are a daily trader, it is a necessity filled with great meaning).

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:24:41 PM

I am stuck on my bitcoin trade and waiting for the price to go up again. It is kinda lonely to know that you are not profiting on bitcoin because I think many of us has decided to enter the crypto world to earn money. I still believe that the price will go up again and we will be able to have some good profit from this.
lephuqui

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:31:43 PM

Thanks,
Mike
You should not test it with such frequency. With the price increase, you will be very excited. And extreme stress if btc dump or down trend. You can check one time a day and find something to do to forget the check price. One thing that makes you feel excited.
Jamjamz30

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:55:21 PM

Minimal times because I have not yet have a huge amount of investment in cryptocurrency. I just like to see how big bitcoin made in the 24 hours in trading market. As of now, I am looking for exchanges that easily fluctuating so that I can be more aware if I want to buy and sell the bitcoin.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:39:35 AM

Minimal times because I have not yet have a huge amount of investment in cryptocurrency. I just like to see how big bitcoin made in the 24 hours in trading market. As of now, I am looking for exchanges that easily fluctuating so that I can be more aware if I want to buy and sell the bitcoin.
Yeah for people like you with not too large capital or people who invest for the long term. maybe not too often to see charts in the market but for traders. of course seeing prices and charts is their daily life and that is why they often stress because they see prices too often lol
Jateng

Activity: 1255
Merit: 144

Think Different

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:22:01 AM

Thanks,
Mike

I do often monitor the bitcoin price when I need to cash out money because I do not want to miss any increase at its price. Yes I feel you. I want to check it every hours, every minute but it hurts me and also makes me crazy seeing with my two naked eyes that its price is going down. To at least lessen that feeling, months before I need the money I keep checking it day by day then cash out the money when bitcoin hits enough price for me. After that, I will only check bitcoin price at least ones a week

jujurloe

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 07:02:06 AM

if you make a long-term investment, just let it go and see it later. but it is different when you trade by pursuing short-term profit then you have to real time observe the market to get the profit you want
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:13:45 AM

Watching the price of your bitcoin while it is going down is really stressful especially when you are still new in the cryptocurrency investment or trading. Even if you invested a money that you are prepared to lose, it still give you stress unless you fully accepted that cryptocurrency is really risky and chances of earning a big profit is slim. To limit stress, avoid looking at the chart to often during price downtrend and always remind yourself that there is a time for recovery and avoid using your emotion during trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: