Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:27:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress?  (Read 2716 times)
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:30:10 AM

I check coinmarketcap 20 times a day. I do this not from emotions, but to control prices, because I am also a trader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:45:58 AM

These days I try not to check any cryptocurrency price any more, It is depressing to see bitcoin such that , And every altcoin price depends on it , I changed some of my money to USDT for relieving , I just wait for bitcoin to break 10k then I check it again .
It is no doubt very much important to keep a check on the market value of the coins which you are having so that you may have a fair idea of the market but is useless to check the market value of the coin 5 times a day or even more than that and that too at time when you are into long term investment of money. Stay calm and do not do anything which can result in making you upset.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:15:41 PM

I check many times throughout the day, slightly addicted to blockfolio as I have a few altcoins and you can't really leave them for a month as they can change overnight, but I do think I check far too often perhaps I have developed an addiction to blockfolio just scrolling up and down.

Checking the price doesn't make anything to you. But coping with stress is important to take correct decissions when trading bitcoin or other altcoins. This is called self control when you cope with high stress.
Yes. It is not actually about the price checking, as I check price everyday so as not to miss the huge fluctuation for some of the coins I may be holding or to make some good market decisions. I usually buy markets at dip anyway when everyone is scared and already sold out and it simply looks like no one ready to sell anymore and as a long term trader, I already know when I should be stopping loss which most of the time, they hardly hit.

As long as you know how to limit the risk, you should always be fine, but lack of knowledge about the market, what some people really want from the market and so on, are some of the things that makes them base emotion when checking prices.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:13:31 PM

With the help of mobile apps like coin market cap, I frequently check to see the prices almost all the times. It is not so easy seeing the coins fall but when you understand the volatility in cryptocurrencies, I think you will know how to manage the stress.
Yeah, I also use blockfolio on my phone to monitor all my long term investments. As long as you do not have the short term mentality or you are not a trader, the essence of monitoring your portfolio is just to see how your investments are doing, and that is normal.

Even in the real world, when you have an investment, will you just want to close your eye towards it ? No. However, how you react is not based on your knowledge and since you know in the short term, the market can be crazy, then you may have already fashioned that out even before investing.
FalcoonRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:57:22 PM

every day and even every minute you should also check because bitcoin prices always change every second, so must be monitored at any time because if you missed you will regret pas price up.
ulages

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 04:11:37 PM

if you are getting stressed it definitely over invested than your capability, which you shouldnt have done

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:35:50 PM

With the help of mobile apps like coin market cap, I frequently check to see the prices almost all the times. It is not so easy seeing the coins fall but when you understand the volatility in cryptocurrencies, I think you will know how to manage the stress.
Yeah, I also use blockfolio on my phone to monitor all my long term investments. As long as you do not have the short term mentality or you are not a trader, the essence of monitoring your portfolio is just to see how your investments are doing, and that is normal.

Even in the real world, when you have an investment, will you just want to close your eye towards it ? No. However, how you react is not based on your knowledge and since you know in the short term, the market can be crazy, then you may have already fashioned that out even before investing.
 blockfolio is really helpful it is really a big help application that is really helpful to us in monitoring the price for us not o become stress about droping, we can really used it anytime anywhere of the day. It is really amazing. For me we can really avoid stress of we are going to check anytime about the price.

Jokerrrrrr

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:44:35 PM

I used an Android app "Bitcoin checker"
It gives you option for different exchanges( approximately all)
Select your exchange then place a price alert in it
It will alert you when that price reached
I found it really a good app for Bitcoin price Alert
But there are so many other apps available also
Choose whatever you like
detector

Activity: 484
Merit: 124

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:48:41 PM

Personally, I try to invest bitcoin not trading.

If you're trading , it means that you will see bitcoin value every minutes because you want to make quick profit !
Since bitcoin value still volatile, I'm understand how do you feel when bitcoin trading so that's why I try to invest for long term !
MrDom2

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:33:23 PM

http://bitcoinist.com/3-icos-huge-potential-2018/
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:02:07 PM

I invest in some hood altcoins. And i practice not to checked the price of my altcoins two to three days or longer. And i think its not good for me if i will check it hourly or daily.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Anandhi

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:08:58 PM

I invest in some hood altcoins. And i practice not to checked the price of my altcoins two to three days or longer. And i think its not good for me if i will check it hourly or daily.

It will better to place an alert on portfolio application so we don't need to check the price daily which will be a waste of time and may disrupt our plan. Checked the price regularly will give a stress to us.
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:15:12 PM

I see the market condition is not too often I just see when I'm not doing a lot of activity, meaning that when I'm no activity I usually see the price at the exchange, to cope with stress I will just sleep.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:20:38 PM

I was initially used to checking the price of Bitcoin almost every 5 minutes. I was so obsessed about the price- the pumps and dumps but I have put a top to it now. I do check it about every 2-3days and sometimes until a week so that I don't get downhearted when it dumps
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:20:52 PM

Just really a normal act to be done by a certain investor even not just only on long term investors or traders but also into shorter ones which they do commonly used up this app for monitoring prices actively specially when they are away in front of their pc on making up active trades and talking about long term we cant really resist on not to check out even myself because i might missed a 10x-30x increase. No one knows but you surely regret if that happen and you missed out on selling.
jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:24:08 PM

I stopped care about BTC since the huge dip in market . All I am doing now it trying to increase my BTC holding and getting ready foe when the market recover , I do not care a lot when this will happen but I know at some point I will start to worry I Know this point is not know and I hope it will not come before the recovery of the market . I will pray for that   Grin
I am wondering whether the market can rebind in late 2018 or whether prices remain the same. I tried a lot of times when I saw the price of bitcoin rise a bit and then went down sharply, and that made me feel depressed.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:25:13 AM

Depends on what’s going on in the market. It's your obligation, don't need to check when you hodl in the long term basis. I check individual coins I am involved in daily. I'm trying to stay away in bear markets.

It is even good that these days, you can easily just download some applications like blockfolio on your phone so as to monitor how your investments are doing if you are in the long term of things, but as a trader most of the time, you should always be ready to not want to miss the situation of the market most of the time and would want to monitor how things are doing. The thing with trading is that you are more focused on the short term than the long term and that simply affects how you want to be making your decision as well in the market.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:10:15 AM

Depends on what’s going on in the market. It's your obligation, don't need to check when you hodl in the long term basis. I check individual coins I am involved in daily. I'm trying to stay away in bear markets.

It is even good that these days, you can easily just download some applications like blockfolio on your phone so as to monitor how your investments are doing if you are in the long term of things, but as a trader most of the time, you should always be ready to not want to miss the situation of the market most of the time and would want to monitor how things are doing. The thing with trading is that you are more focused on the short term than the long term and that simply affects how you want to be making your decision as well in the market.
Checking the price won't be a problem for any of us as long as we have internet connection. As a trader, I always check the market prices of cryptos that I have because I need to. In fact, it already become a habit of mine to check the prices everyday most especially the price of bitcoin.

It is true that it is very stressful to see the prices at dump but as trader, we all have to accept whatever the shown digits are. We can't do anything to change no matter how much we want the price to be high.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:12:07 PM

In this crypto currency fields stress takes you to a bad decision but we need a patience level for that if you had that it will give you a good hope for making good decision.
A whole lot! You will definitely feel stressed only if you do not have it in mind that it is a pretty volatile market or may be if you are an inexperienced investor who bought at the top and focusing on the short term benefit.

Market is always ahead of everyone and as long as you are not trading, you should be more focused on the long term of the coins or tokens you are holding than the current situation they are in as that would make it easy to feel less stressed even when the market is not doing well.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:24:09 PM

Nowadays I changed my strategy and now I am checking once or twice a day. Before that it was may be hourly even if it is not important night or day time it is
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: