Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress?  (Read 2716 times)
mikelexus (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:53:54 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:06:51 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

PS: I was trying to do this once a month, but I think, I missed the beginning of the bear market in January this year because of this.  

Thanks,
Mike

I have more than 2.5 USD in my wallet but I do not see the bitcoin value in the any price index websites because if there is price dump with the huge blow. I make mind upset for the complete day or couple of days.
If you can to the bitcointalk and invested that time means you may find the heavy loss by seeing at the present time but if you invest the money today before we see the big bump in the market. That time you make the double amount comparing in USD.
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:15:05 PM

If it stresses you out means that you have invested way more money than you should have. You have broken the one rule that everyone keep on saying. Try to not check the price more than three times in a day and set alerts if you feel that you will miss out on the price swings. Also if you believe in the project than the price shouldn't matter that much to you.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:00:30 PM

how often do you check BTC price and how to cope with stress associated with this?  I am checking it every few hours and it drives me crazy and makes me anxious. Is there anybody in a similar situation and how do you cope with this?

if you are anything like (the old) me then what you are doing means that you don't know what you are doing that is why you keep checking the price!
otherwise if you know what you are doing, if you can speculate the market and make an educated decision and make logical moves based on that decision then you don't need to keep checking the price.

for example if you analyzed the market and decided it is a good time to buy with the least risk and placed an order you won't have to endure stress.
and with experience you should know what to do when that small chance of failure happened and you started losing money.

There is a FOMO brewing...
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:08:40 PM

I'll admit that I still check BTC's price as frequent as when I first got into cryptocurrencies, but I sort of feel "numb" to the volatility. Bitcoin crashes by $5k? Meh. Alright. Time and experience in the blockchain ecosystem made me used to the huge price swings I guess.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hodlftw

Activity: 326
Merit: 104

Santa Coin

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:42:15 PM

I check either once a day in the morning or at night. When I was on vacation last week I checked 0 times in a whole week. Was quite proud of myself for that and honestly it boils down to your stress and pressure level. I don't feel stressed or pressured therefore I check it when I please. If I was very nervous (as I was when starting out last year) I checked several times a day, if not at least 10. Once you get some experience and once you get some profit behind you the stress should ease up. Until then I would keep myself as busy as possible, and if you can delete whatever tracking apps you have on your phone. That way if you want to check you have to physically walk to a computer.

az6.2

Activity: 518
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:50:59 PM

BTC and ETH course added to the widget on the smartphone-I can see them all day.
As for stress, life in Russia is one continuous stress! Smiley
Madeon

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:59:44 PM

My advice is to never invest more then you afford to lose, by that principle you will not be stressed with the BTC price, I recommend checking it once per day, just to stay up to date.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:22:42 PM

I stopped care about BTC since the huge dip in market . All I am doing now it trying to increase my BTC holding and getting ready foe when the market recover , I do not care a lot when this will happen but I know at some point I will start to worry I Know this point is not know and I hope it will not come before the recovery of the market . I will pray for that   Grin
mikelexus (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

I stopped care about BTC since the huge dip in market . All I am doing now it trying to increase my BTC holding and getting ready foe when the market recover , I do not care a lot when this will happen but I know at some point I will start to worry I Know this point is not know and I hope it will not come before the recovery of the market . I will pray for that   Grin

I think this is a right approach. I was also thinking of waiting for a bull market and only then come back. It is like in poker if you have a weak hand, you fold, if you have strong hand you play.

How are you trying to increase your BTC holdings?

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:40:20 PM

Thanks,
Mike

Thats really bad way to go around this one. I mean checking the prices every other minute is meaningless. You are not even giving the air to breath to the market so that it can recover itself or make some progress in its volume. These things take time you know mate and you have to be cautious about it. I do check prices daily but mostly in the morning when I am having my breakfast and tea just to check that how the market is performing. I will not be surprised any day if it had moved down little. If someday I see too much dips then I will research on the forum first and then will react for my buy-sell orders. But getting anxious after looking the prices is worst thing.
firemagus

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:52:42 PM

I check my portfolio several times a day...  Grin Grin Grin But no, I don't feel stressed when the value goes down (ok just a little!). I have already pulled out my seed capital and now just playing with free money..
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:11:20 PM

I do refresh https://coinmarketcap.com three to four time daily to know the position of thinks. those that buy bitcoin at the right time always have their stress reduce as their will always be in profits. However in you buy at the wrong time there is no way you will be out of stress.
akbitcoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:13:13 PM

Normaly I only check it once a day. I use limits for buying and selling coins. I don't worry when I sold and price increase next day and I don't feel stressed.
Maybe main reason is I startet at the right time when price was 1000 $ for 1 BTC.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3596

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 07:28:09 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 12:45:50 PM by hugeblack

Thanks,
Mike

1. I use sites to compare the price of bitcoin in exchange platforms and then calculate the average value of the price.
2. open Google search to find the average "using this word [Bitcoin price USD]".
3. calculate the difference between them and exclude the abnormal values(Often Asian platforms).
4. The resulting value is what makes me plan to sell or buy.

how to cope with stress:

I invest an amount that will not affect me very much if I lose so I do not take the risk nor sell until I get the planned price (Life is full of pitfalls).

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:04:20 PM

It is normal that every morning we regularly check the price of bitcoin as it becomes our habit, but I make sure that I am not affected no matter what, during my first 6 months I am stress all the time I am seeing the price going down but eventually cope up with it thinking always that it is fine and will still rise up.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:48:23 PM

I can offer you a very good way to get out of it. Think of it as if you just have no coins in your wallet. I mean, you don't change anything with the thought of it and looking at the price. Other than that, you can set an alarm at the price you are waiting for. Sooner or later, the alarm will ring when the coin is equal to that price.
parthgajjar

Activity: 273
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:52:20 PM

Thanks,
Mike
I suspect that at this time the price of bitcoin is very sensitive, currently there are signs of continuing a deep decline after recovering to $ 8000 level. I believe that at the moment when the market is knitting in crisis, after every transaction you should move all the USDT to protect your capital and not worry about loss in the market storm.
yesss

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:55:48 PM

Thanks,
Mike
With the current situation of the market, we need to always check and monitor the price of bitcoin when trading, it can be seen that at present, bitcoin prices are fluctuating complicated and are returning to the down cycle. I think that at this point you should not continue trading and transfer all assets to USDT to preserve the property.
gorandigitalnomad

Activity: 43

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:59:23 PM

I checking several times a day through the mobile app.
I has many altcoins and so I find it interesting track some personal stats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: