Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Look for in a New Project?  (Read 1981 times)
swapblocks (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:31:58 PM

Title says it all. If you're looking to invest in an ICO or pre-ICO blockchain project, what's 1-2 attributes that are most important to you? Market size/potential? Management team? Technology that is distinctive? Strong white paper? Social media following? Other...

Aaaaaaaand go!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:36:43 PM

Title says it all. If you're looking to invest in an ICO or pre-ICO blockchain project, what's 1-2 attributes that are most important to you? Market size/potential? Management team? Technology that is distinctive? Strong white paper? Social media following? Other...

Aaaaaaaand go!

Yes all the points you mentioned up there and few additional things depending upon your investment time. I mean I will mostly think about putting my money after the private sale and pre-sale has finished. These two stages will tell us how much money was raised by the project and whether it does matches with the speculated fund limit in their white-paper or not. If it does then its sign that people are interested in it and project do have sufficient funds so that they can just develop the project freely and the way they want. This is very important as funds are vital part of the ICO and it is what makes the project run!
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:40:34 PM

I know you have newbie account but what about use the search function ! you will be shocked to see how many times this question is been asked before , and guess what all from newbie accounts too  Smiley you will even get better results because you will be able to ready threw a lot of threads with the same question and the amount of answers on them will for sure be wider and more than one single thread  so it will be much more useful for you too .  Wink
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:43:54 PM

Aaaaaaaand go!

Dont forget to checkout these one's :

1. Marketing and advertisement plan
2. Funds available for the first one
3. Telegram activity and regular updates from the admin
4. Buzz in the forum itself.

All above point are part of how much popular the specific ICO is and thus depending upon that it can really help you understand the success rate of the same. Its simple logic from here onward that if its more popular then it does have some success rate. You can choose that one promptly over others.

swapblocks (OP)

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:48:01 PM

Aaaaaaaand go!

Dont forget to checkout these one's :

1. Marketing and advertisement plan
2. Funds available for the first one
3. Telegram activity and regular updates from the admin
4. Buzz in the forum itself.

All above point are part of how much popular the specific ICO is and thus depending upon that it can really help you understand the success rate of the same. Its simple logic from here onward that if its more popular then it does have some success rate. You can choose that one promptly over others.

Marketing is a good one! I'd lump 3/4 under "social media following", but the point about admin activity is good.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:51:39 PM

Now there are a lot of working projects, new projects just have to come up with something new and cool to differ from their competitors, I think that you need to be smarter than your competitors and make global projects that help people live more comfortably.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:30:04 PM

I look for all those factors and if I had to give one point that I feel is the most important that would have to be the uniqueness of the project and what the use case is. If you don't have something that is innovative you will face a lot of competition and it will be fierce. If you are trying something completely new, you have a lot more room for failure which is something startups should have the luxury of doing. I have seen the same idea come out at the same time with 3-5 projects and you know that all but one of the will most likely fail. Not if you try something completely new, you are in a world of your own!

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:32:57 PM

Aaaaaaaand go!
I always choose projects that allocate funds for very high ads and products that have worked of course.
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:34:21 PM

Im looking for anew innovative technology,good vision and a good working product or MVP because if theres none of these,the project is indeed worthless,dont want to waste my money and time joining these shit projects in the community,believe me or not 95% of these new projects are trash,only few of these projects are going to survive.

OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:41:58 PM

Aaaaaaaand go!

I think you have to check through their website and figure out the goal and visions of the project
then you look into their whitepaper to ascertain their claims
after which you check through their roadmap and figure out their limits and shortcomings.

Then you can join and associate with their social media handles and have a good and positive ico with such token.
Brothersav

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:54:32 PM

I like to see unique projects. For example, tokens that are becoming backed by commodities is my go to at the moment. For a token to survive, in my opinion it needs to be backed by a stable asset. Even if it's backed by 25% gold or diamonds or something that is going to either be steady or slowly increase in value will help. Take Darico.io- 50% of the ICO will be divided into gold, btc and eth. The rest is for liquidity in other assets. The coin also wants to be the bloomberg of crypto. So this coin has stability. In saying this- coins that are not backed by anything needs to have use value. Whether its privacy, or reward for content. It needs to do something- than say, Verge, which is purely p&d garbage.

cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:37:10 AM

yes I am looking for the uniqueness of the project, function, features and seriousness of the dev community to build the project seriously. because many projects are made just to make easy money and then leave without thinking about others this is a real criminal act
CryptoDan_

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:41:10 AM

I think this year in ICO will be an infrastructure year. I put priority in companies with an actual track record and market-ready product. Looking at one now by UK's Green Running - https://vlux.io/
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:44:26 AM

For me I am always basing on its bounty manager and how they active they are on their telegram aside from that I dont it is more important that you read their site especially their white paper.
dammeer

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:45:46 AM

all that you have listed is important. you can not throw something away. you when you buy a car you look not only appearance but also that inside. Laziness ultimately takes a person upwards and does not want to waste time analyzing, but if you do not waste time analyzing it, it's better not to go into the market.
gesttrys

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:48:10 AM

I'm looking for a solution to a popular problem in a new project and so many people should know about the startup. because if the idea is not needed by people then nobody will buy it.
deeryemeles

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:49:37 AM

The one they're trying to attain must be attainable in real-world scenerio because flowery words wont hold the price too long.
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:56:56 AM

Aaaaaaaand go!
For me most important:
1. Team - I want to be sure that this people really existing, I can find they and can talk.
2. Product - what is this, does it has competitors and on which market they plan to sale it.
3. Business model - I want to understand how it will be work. Because some time business model look like that "product - ? - profit" or "?-product-sale-profit".
Crypto-capitalist

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:59:55 AM

I'm looking for a solution to a popular problem in a new project and so many people should know about the startup. because if the idea is not needed by people then nobody will buy it.
Yes this is true. But project could solve a problem for some industry or field.
I mean don't look to the product which can be used for people only. Because people very bad customer).
Crypto-capitalist

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:02:19 AM

For me I am always basing on its bounty manager and how they active they are on their telegram aside from that I dont it is more important that you read their site especially their white paper.
But in this case you spend your time. What different between money and time,?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: