Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you find good ICOs?  (Read 4932 times)
MFTHC

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:44:46 PM

2. Flashy images and good page setup. Solid structured page is what i look for, anything that is scraped up quickly without images or videos often means that developers put little effort into marketing of coin, which is not a good sign to see for investing. Remember you are not in it alone, you want other market participants to get in too if you want to sell coin for profit.
Generally people think completly wrong on this one, thinking that flashy images mean developers are just looking for profits and coin is more likely a scam, while the reality is if you do deep statistical checking and pattern checking of the coins, it is exactly the opposite. The more work developers put into the coin the better, there can be exceptions but in the end its overall statistical performance that matters not single picked example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MFTHC

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:45:19 PM

3.Transparent team. Images and names of all developers on project, coins developed and released by hidden developers are way more likely to be scam or eventually loosing overall value. This is a fact. Its logical, if someone has ill intent its more likely that staying in shadows will guarantee better safety or perception of it. A good sign is team with experianced members who produced previously successful projects.
MFTHC

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:45:52 PM

4 Long term use. Coin, token, system no matter what the ICO or release is it needs to have long term useful value. Just releasing currency for the sake of it doesnt cut it. Whatever the asset is, it has to provide some real use in order for market to see long term value in it. This means when one sees coin always make sure to think ahead how could such asset provide value to certain people, organizations, companies etc...
For example it could provide platform for developers to develop other blockchain softwares on top of it, which gives it intrensic value of whole ecosystem build on top of it, it could provide capital flight in reppresed countries such as privacy coins allow, it could be distributed power sharing and use such as certain coins that distribute computer power might allow in future, it needs to give value to certain market.
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:46:29 PM

I believe that a lot of member will tell you that you should use ICO listing sites or they give you a list of ICO project that they believe that it's good. But you should know that, investing in ICO project is a good way to earn money although it's very risky. Do you think anyone will share the way they earn money for you for free? I don't think so. Even ICO listing sites are not truthworthy, they're the same like John McAfee, received money to promote for any ICO project Smiley). You need to spend you money to find some courses to learn about it, learn experience of other professional investors and of course they don't share it for free Cheesy

MFTHC

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:47:26 PM

5.Mining should be low on list of forum page. When you see coin page that has mining explained and front pushed right bellow the tittle or near it, its usually red flag. It means that developers did not develop any other significant feature to represent it in coins description that could drag in the investors. Mining is only process that helps functionality of currency, it is not the actual use of currency and its only sole feature.
nxtcoin50888

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:50:56 PM

Market capitalization. Very important and often overlooked. When investing in any asset it is important to recognize what current market capitalization of it is, if you are value investing and looking for asset that will produce long term increase of use for certain market, it needs to be as under priced and under capitalized as possible, this means that you as investor are entering at best possible price. If market capitalization is way above the actual real use of market it very often leads to strong price drop in order for price to stabilize around intrensic value.
Let me give simple example on this one:
Imagine company X that sells product with limited production of assets of 100 per year and has limited number of companies to sell to. Maximum profits that this company could get is 1 million USD if all products are sold (and lets say that company can only extend production and market by 10% per year).
If such company forms IPO and there is 50 million USD entering in first day, then no matter how good the production and products of company are, the asset (stock) is heavily overpriced. In majority of cases this leads to strong price correction.
Market cap can be seen on website like : https://coinmarketcap.com/
For ICOs market cap after finished ICO can be seen on coins website.
Screenshot_699.jpg

Now the key is to assume as good as possible what is decent market cap for certain crypto currency that one wants to invest in, its not very easy. Best way is to focus on obvious extremes. Often if investing in ICO one does not know ahead what value will be collected, which means that investor has to asses sitatuation and actions later on once the coins ICO is finished. Often there is still enough time to get out of position without any major loss if its done quickly.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
sedou

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:51:54 PM

Check out icodrops, icobench to have a starting point. Then check what is the idea behind the coin, use cases, team, partners etc...
nxtcoin50888

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:00:04 PM

Here is a list of sites where you see which are the existing ICO, where you can invest:

https://www.smithandcrown.com/ - a site which provides not only a list of existing ICOs but also a description of the coin projects.
https://www.coinschedule.com/ - provides a list of available ICOs
https://www.icocountdown.com/- another site providing a list of ICOs
https://www.ico-list.com/
https://tokenmarket.net/
https://www.icoalert.com/
You can also read some ico analysis here:
*https://crushcrypto.com/ico-analysis/

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:01:09 PM

Hello guys please I will like us to share our views on how to find good ICOs and If you have a special website or link that have been tested and trusted  where we can get good recommendations about genuine ICOs please kindly share it with us!!!
Most of these ICO are now. If you read through the white paper and their project is really good. and can do. but then. after the ICO has finished selling the token. What happens to us can not be known. Some ICO fled without further development. Others develop slowly. not as a roadmap. So it's hard to find a good ICO at the moment. It's only good when it does accomplish what it sets out to do
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:13:06 PM

To find icos that are good you have to try and study the white paper and the promising exchange that those tokens will be listed on. I do find out about any icos based on how people promote it on the social media and bitcointalk forum. If investing in icos is what will make us money then we must investing wise
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:13:11 PM

Even though we give you links or ICO listing but then, it is in your hand for final decision. It really takes time for you to read all their platforms and roadmap, definitely it just a lucky for us if we engage into a legit ICO. For the situation we face today, it's really hard for us to be determine a good one cause it's numbers are largely increasing.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:56:47 PM

There are many threads on this Buddy.One hardcore rule is don't listen to the shills and buy it blindly.Instead research about the project, the token usage ,metrics and most importantly the team.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
Kingsraid

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 05:10:14 PM

search some ico list on this forum, find a trustable one. or check your ico on icobench, icoranker, etc.
check ico website, whitepaper, roadmap, team, token allocation, etc. check for team LinkedIn connection either.
Torrenth

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:13:03 PM

usually I see the website first, then I see the team, about the project and for what the project, then see the manager who handles the project, that's my advice, good luck.
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:16:19 PM

I follow ICO sites. Hardcap and the team are very important. Far East projects are always my favorite.

crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:22:36 PM

Youtube channels from popular crypto advisors like Ian and many others.

Sometimes I find good ICOs from ads on popular crypto websites like coinmarketcap, cointelegraph, etherscan etc

My last method of finding a good ico is through the sig that's being used the most on the forum.
redfin31

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

many points you can check to choose the good ICO. first, you can check important thing about them like his team, whitepaper, roadmap and his website. then try to understand about their project and what is benefit from the project itself.

also you can check it on ICObench, ICObazar, TrackICO, and ICOrating. it will really help you.

makuny

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

many points you must check to found the good ICO.
first check whitepaper, roadmap and his website. team also.
then try to understand about their project and benefit of it.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:43:23 PM

Hello guys please I will like us to share our views on how to find good ICOs and If you have a special website or link that have been tested and trusted  where we can get good recommendations about genuine ICOs please kindly share it with us!!!

For websites you can refer to (Icodrops, Icobench)  i use them mostly and the ico which you find decent go to their websites look for the team , whitepaper also join their telegram or other community sections to interact with the team and then decide if you should invest or not.
MacXA

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

Partner of Arsenal Football Club

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:56:19 PM

Check if the profile team pics is displayed and check the use case. Read the whitepapers and see on the Product usefull.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: