Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:34:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a better payment system?  (Read 1975 times)
Odiss

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:00:12 PM

When the light network is released it will improve completely, this year the BTC will undoubtedly take off because of these transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drlederman

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:01:07 PM

If the question is, "why is bitcoin better than fiat money," the answer is that it cannot be debased, nor controlled by any person or privileged group of people. It is money that derives its price from the market (voluntary exchange) instead of by coercion and force. Thus, it is both a better store of wealth, and also more ethical, transparent, and honest.

If your question is, "why is bitcoin a better payment system?" The answer is that it often is not, at least for most people, most of the time. Eventually it will be the best payment system, but it needs to develop further, gain more adoption, and get over the scaling obstacles. Even so, Bitcoin is already the best payment system for certain use-cases, such as sending money across borders, or receiving money from someone you don't trust (which helps further in cross-border transactions).
xraisers

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:04:26 PM

There is no reason to doubt the performance of bitcoin over other cryptocurrencies. it is the best payment method as it is quite secure and easier one to make transactions and better than those of the traditional payment method as transactions are totally done online and from anywhere in the world. And with the technological advancements, this method is under the process of development and has proven easy to use overtime
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:24:36 PM

The answer is that it often is not, at least for most people, most of the time. Eventually it will be the best payment system, but it needs to develop further, gain more adoption, and get over the scaling obstacles. Even so, Bitcoin is already the best payment system for certain use-cases, such as sending money across borders, or receiving money from someone you don't trust (which helps further in cross-border transactions).

Compare to fiat, online transactions need some payment system that is direct and won't take different companies and banks before actually buying the goods or services you want to avail. For me, block chain technology is the perfect job for this. Cryptos are being used efficiently as payment method because the fees are fair and the transactions are generally faster.
madhabilota

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:34:51 PM

For me it is not second but for me it is the first best way of payment and I have found bitcoin better than fiat while paying for something, if you want to buy something from far away you will not have to go for it, you can easily pay using bitcoin for it, gradually bitcoin is being famous and strong web, so for me best currency to use for payment is bitcoin and I like while I pay with bitcoin because I know I am contributing in bitcoin popularity and I am trying to spread awareness about bitcoin, I am sure bitcoin is going to be the currency of the era soon.
Arkyo

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 06:52:02 PM

Maybe bitcoin is not the most advanced payment system. There are coins with which a large number of transactions in a second - Bitcoin Cash, Ripple. But bitcoin is the most reliable and promising from the further growth point of view.

In Crypto We Trust
DatKing

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:02:36 PM

Bitcoin is developing day by day. For example ; in the near past, money transfers,payment with Bitcoin in shops etc. were being used less because of high fees. But Lightning payment system has been introduced and it has been said to reduce the fees. After that, more people started to use Bitcoin as a payment system.

Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:07:52 PM

Hello! Im new here but im really interesting in bitcoin. I heard and i know that this is the fastes way for payments but im courious to know more details.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:18:31 PM

The answer is that it often is not, at least for most people, most of the time. Eventually it will be the best payment system, but it needs to develop further, gain more adoption, and get over the scaling obstacles. Even so, Bitcoin is already the best payment system for certain use-cases, such as sending money across borders, or receiving money from someone you don't trust (which helps further in cross-border transactions).
Btc has eliminated having to deal with middlemen and third party sponsors which leads to not anonymity and security between traders also it's much more cheaper in the long run when traded rightly. Once more vendors start accepting btc or crypto as a payment system it will be a very good payment system.
Anakcikal

Activity: 148

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:21:17 PM

Bitcoin is a cash system that conducts Investigations on the internet and digital currency systems Because Bitcoin's online payment system is clearly favored for several reasons such as exemption of transaction fees and risk freedom.
Sid3d

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:25:22 PM

Now there are a lot of projects that simply can change the established rules of the game, I think this will affect everything from entertainment to government. And yes bitcoin is a financial revolution.
hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 07:48:31 PM

Unfortunately, I do not think Bitcoin's approaches to using it as a means of payment anymore. Because BitCoin enters such a volatile position, it can cause great losses both by the buyer and the seller. I do not think people will shop with bitcoin on both sides. With the bitcoin you send while you are shopping, you can get two more in the same day for the minute, and the bitcoin you send to the opposite can correspond to the half of the value of that product. Maybe if the only currency in the future is bitcoin, then we can match the values of the products to bitcoin.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:50:48 PM

When it comes to speed of transaction speed yes, since you just have to click and click then the payment is over no need to travel to reach the counter, only process confirmation is needed after sending your coins as payment.
dmamigo

Activity: 1218

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:58:17 PM

When it comes to speed of transaction speed yes, since you just have to click and click then the payment is over no need to travel to reach the counter, only process confirmation is needed after sending your coins as payment.

Considering the speed of the transaction, its not necessarily always good and on time. Better than Bitcoin you will find much better option if speed is the concern. But yes the speed depends on the fees, so yes you can alter the speed according to your needs when required. If I have option I prefer Litecoin and Dash. The price doesn't fluctuates with a great difference, so I am not affected much when fiat value of the coins dips. Atleast I get time to react.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:01:03 PM

Most people might still misunderstood what bitcoin and block chain technology is. May be once they realize how far the cryptos are from the money scams, they will be delighted to have bitcoin as payment system. I can see that as more and more industries are accepting bitcoin as payment, more people will say it is the best currency and method of buying products and services through online transactions.
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:02:18 PM

Yes bitcoin is a better payment system than any other system as bitcoins makes the work easy of transacting all over the world by a simple click and no one have to think of going to the banks for transferring funds all over the world with minimal transaction charges, bitcoins gives a sense of financial freedom to all its users. Now a days many banks taking peoples money in the name of service charges and other additional charges for an account holder making it difficult for the bank users whereas with bitcoins there is no charges for holding your bitcoins in the users wallet.

KITTY 0108

Activity: 147
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:07:15 PM

I think there is still a stuju and do not agree if bitcoin into a means of payment.

▰▰▰   Decentralized Sports   ⚽ ──   GlobaTalent    ── ⚽   Join PRE-ICO  ▰▰▰
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬┃▮┃ Sport Blockchain Revolution ┃▮┃▬▬▬   ❱❱  April 16th, 2018 ❚ ❙ ❘
Telegram  ┃  Twitter  ┃  Facebook ┃  Whitepaper ┃ Bounty ┃  ANN Thread
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:16:30 PM

Yes ,I can say that bitcoin it is a better payment system in the internet, because it can be compare to debit card, but you do not have a card it is by simply key numbers to transact payments and other transactions, especially the establishment that will say ,we accept bitcoin payment.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
maximkretov

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 08:18:50 PM

Today we will note that money is a tool for the realization of one's goal. But electronic money is an improved model. But at the moment there is a new market — cryptocurrency. And this is not electronic money, but digital coins, which in turn can displace both Fiat and the electronic version.
Tirdok

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:19:35 PM

I don't think bitcoin is the best payment system. I believe there are better payment systems
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: