Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your rules for profit taking  (Read 1415 times)
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:53:56 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I think the principle of taking out money after a certain percent gain is a very good idea.  Unfortunately, i did not follow this principle before the last crash and i ended up down more than 50% from my peak.  If i were to hold i would have increased my ethereum stack by nearly 5x which would have left me in a much better position than i am now.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:40:49 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat
I withdraw my funds if there is an emergency that needed immediate money, aside from that nothing more. I don’t sell into fiat, because your capital will be totally stuck up. My idea is buy bitcoin and use this bitcoin to buy some potential alts so that when you sell your alts in 100% increased your profit will be cash out into bitcoin, hence your bitcoin hold increase. That is only my idea.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:42:03 PM

I actually think that focusing on a profit taking figure might be a mistake. I think it's very important to have an exit loss option, but you don't really need a profit target. If the conditions are favorable then you should just let the trade ride, without being greedy. In my opinion, with time and experience you will start exiting when you feel comfortable in doing so.

That is my opinion for trades. From your question I assume you were actually talking about profit taking from your bankroll, and not a single trade. I think this depends on what you are trying to achieve as well. If you don't want to increase your bankroll, then you could remove anything that is above the bankroll you normally use. I use that strategy for poker and sports betting, and it works well for me. If you want to increase your bankroll, then I guess you should not withdraw anything, and just keep letting it grow.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:53:43 PM

If the project will turn out to be useless then I will convert all my funds into fiat, its futile to wait to a specific coin without any assurance that the coins or token will bring any real usages and solutions to our current problems to the cryptocurrency and real world, while other coins like bitcoin, ethereum and other legit cryptos are tested to have a recovery during the bear season then holding is the most profitable move to make if you are holding some of them, its hard to predict when and how the increase will last you may miss some opportunity or you may inflict some losses so be wise with your decisions to sell.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:12:55 PM

I am holding long term on all my coins. I am not selling but looking to buy coins in top 10 that I do not have. I will then choose other coins from top twenty.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:20:14 PM

If the project will turn out to be useless then I will convert all my funds into fiat, its futile to wait to a specific coin without any assurance that the coins or token will bring any real usages and solutions to our current problems to the cryptocurrency and real world, while other coins like bitcoin, ethereum and other legit cryptos are tested to have a recovery during the bear season then holding is the most profitable move to make if you are holding some of them, its hard to predict when and how the increase will last you may miss some opportunity or you may inflict some losses so be wise with your decisions to sell.
Does it really depend on which coins you are engaging on and not only this thing i do see as an indicator but also if you do make active tradings or scalping out percentage profits then you will really go for those who have top volumes on 24hour basis. This is really very pertaining into very active trade, if you do have the skills and capability.Then why not?
Profit taking do depend on peoples/investors preference some are going for long term and some do loves shorter ones.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
patykuprova

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 07:49:11 PM

I am holding long term on all my coins. I am not selling but looking to buy coins in top 10 that I do not have. I will then choose other coins from top twenty.
I think you're a lucky guy because you have some freemoney to work with or doing your plan with it not like other people.
Who has to spend their income for their daily needs and their family also, that could be a huge decrease on your profits if you stuck with those situations.

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
Aprodite

Activity: 364
Merit: 17

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 08:18:46 PM

my rules of trade are not complicated. I only sell after earning more than 10% profit. And go back to find another coin to start a new trade. To earn a profit every day, I'm targeting about 40 coins to trade. and I only sell coins that have profits above 10%
farwellbit

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:41:19 AM

I think the principle of taking out money after a certain percent gain is a very good idea.  Unfortunately, i did not follow this principle before the last crash and i ended up down more than 50% from my peak.  If i were to hold i would have increased my ethereum stack by nearly 5x which would have left me in a much better position than i am now.
For profit taking means to sell out coins and getting profit is a process follows but some conditions and after that you will get the output. The basic rule of getting profit from an investment is to know about the market price. As long as the price is decreasing the hold your coins and try to buy even more and if the market price is increasing eventually then wait for the maximum high jump so that you will get good output at the end.
Quraline

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:44:14 AM

You're doing the right thing, it's good. When the amount increases by one hundred thousand percent, do not forget to withdraw a little in cash and buy a Lamborghini.
Pelevelyl

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

I try to withdraw a hundred dollars each week to cover my expenses. This is a good tactic, I believe.
BaTMaN_07

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 12:28:42 PM

Right or wrong (probably wrong), till now I waited for second resistance zone, sometimes I sold on first resistance zone a little part. May be I should be less gridy
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:06:22 PM

whatever you do, do not trust USDT that much because its future and its price depends completely on one company that may exist today but disappear tomorrow and with it being tied to also bitfinex a simple exchange hack can turn into a disaster for this altcoin.

back to topic, what I do is that I consider bitcoin as my currency instead of fiat. this means I invest my bitcoin and I buy before the pumps and then sell on top of the peak of the pumps and that way I increase the amount of bitcoin that I have.

Only Bitcoin
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:29:06 PM

It depends what trading pair i used to trade, i don't sell in usd i am in Btc with other alts. The factors or idea is the same after 20-50% increase i use to sell some portion of my holding depends in a coin if its for long term i will sell 50% only and try to buy back the half that i sold same as it goes 100% or more selling half amounts. For some coins that i didn't like i used to sell after i gain any profits and don't get back on it.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 01:39:06 PM

For profit taking means to sell out coins and getting profit is a process follows but some conditions and after that you will get the output. The basic rule of getting profit from an investment is to know about the market price. As long as the price is decreasing the hold your coins and try to buy even more and if the market price is increasing eventually then wait for the maximum high jump so that you will get good output at the end.
Whatever strategy you are comfortable to use might work, the principle of having your target goal and always take the advantage is better than
anything, as long as you think that you already achieving then continue though we are all aware that fluctuations really affect our target zone, better
to have more alternatives, keep buying when price is decreasing then sell when you are already satisfied and your target zone already been reached.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:36:51 PM

Hm, I am not sure about putting my investment into USDT when I have received profits from other coins. I mean I know we can just keep the dollars to the original prices and thus can keep the profits without losing dime on it. But, think about this in broad sense, you can get the money cashed out in the fiat also and still can keep the investment in the same way as you would do in USDT but more or less more safer than that. USDT is anyway crypto one and it does fluctautes by cents and affect your store value. Fiat wont. Just re-invest when the time is good for your portfolio and let go for the good future.
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:35:37 PM

whatever you do, do not trust USDT that much because its future and its price depends completely on one company that may exist today but disappear tomorrow and with it being tied to also bitfinex a simple exchange hack can turn into a disaster for this altcoin.

back to topic, what I do is that I consider bitcoin as my currency instead of fiat. this means I invest my bitcoin and I buy before the pumps and then sell on top of the peak of the pumps and that way I increase the amount of bitcoin that I have.
USDT is also one coin but the price is always stable at $1 that is why people use it to trade and hold there profit in USDT, but you are right don't put more hopes on USDT just for short time hold you can use but if you ask me i will say BTC is the best pair for trading and also it will increase your profit if you hold it for a long time.
money_amount

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:03:35 PM

This is simple . But before you want to make a profit you have to learn to keep your greed. When you buy it at a low price and when it goes up you get profit then you should sell it. This is less profitable but it is safe.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:48:39 PM

if you are saying about bitcoin to usdt trading then i would suggest if you are good at trading then only try scalping with bitcoin because bitcoin gets massively volatile at times and you may not be able to buy back after selling.
For alts i prefer converting into bitcoin after a certain amount of profit from my trades usually 10-20% for short term and long term I take out my principal amount after my investment does 3x profit.
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:22:04 AM

I withdraw my funds if there is an emergency that needed immediate money, aside from that nothing more. I don’t sell into fiat, because your capital will be totally stuck up. My idea is buy bitcoin and use this bitcoin to buy some potential alts so that when you sell your alts in 100% increased your profit will be cash out into bitcoin, hence your bitcoin hold increase. That is only my idea.
Rules are almost same for all the investors and by applying that rules an investor can take benefit and make profit easily. I am these days making a rule not to invest further because I have taken the advantage of the previous bears market and now going very well towards a good position. Investing at this time is also valid for me but as I have invested at low price so my all focus is on the market value to find it stable so that I can sell immediately in order to get huge returns of my investment.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: