Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:38:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your rules for profit taking  (Read 1415 times)
Amber73McCoy

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:30:35 AM

Do not watch investment trading is gambling. Up to 95% of investors always buy stocks at the highest price. The reason is simply that they do not know when to buy, only buy based on news or rumors are "leaked". Only 5% of investors know when to buy at low prices. Thus, 95% of people suffer losses and only 5% of people make a profit. Invest in the right to get rich, invest gambling style will definitely be burnt pocket!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:34:32 AM

When i have profit in trading, i change all those profit into usdt because i can sell usdt with lowest fee and exchange it to real money. But in this year, the market is too negative and i have to use my profit to sercue other cryptos balance.

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
anume123

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:24:02 AM

It's hard to make money today, especially when you are not sure of buying a coin I think when you earn a profit and have a profit it does not cost you a second trade to earn.

giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:56:57 AM

Do not watch investment trading is gambling. Up to 95% of investors always buy stocks at the highest price. The reason is simply that they do not know when to buy, only buy based on news or rumors are "leaked". Only 5% of investors know when to buy at low prices. Thus, 95% of people suffer losses and only 5% of people make a profit. Invest in the right to get rich, invest gambling style will definitely be burnt pocket!
There is a rule that wealth is never for the crowd. and you're right. Most buyers at high prices make the price rise. It's time for the coin holders to take profits and exit the market. I personally have been so many times bought at high prices because of rumors

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:45:00 PM

I will just base on today the thing I do when I hold (a.k.a HODL), sell and buy so in short it is trading.

1. I think positive and do not panick when market value goes down.
2. I do not use my bitcoin and exchange it to fiat when I need important things. I hold it until it increases at 50% aswell or a much better idea more than 50% increase.
3. After that I exchange it to fiat and spend it on the things I need in my everyday life.

In a scenario I need money
1. I exchange it to fiat, just about a little amount because I need money but I know bitcoin will increase and I get a money back.... So, I dit but stop because bitcoin is having signs.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:20:37 PM

I think there is no such rules to follow, a one thing that we should be also bear in mind in don't be greedy. Greedniess is the only emotion that stay out our mind to sell most of the time we are waiting and wanting for more. Selling in profit and not being greedy is the best rules.
If you are a day trader than yeah you should get rid of your emotions and just purely focus on the movements of the coins and whatever else the day traders do. However if you want to hold a coin for a long term period and just purely "investing" instead of trading than you can put your emotions in it as well. Do not forget that we are in an emotional market where the price is decided among people and not have a set value. We decide what worth how much, which is mainly emotional.

A general and technical rule for profit booking must be derived from the same analysis which was used to open the position. It means, the same analysis must include the exit point too. But most people are not focusing on this.
ShannonGarcia99

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:43:37 AM

I think that before the information is not good, although not confirmed, investors should not be concerned about USDT. Maybe they later prove that the USDT is in circulation is 100% guaranteed, but it is the future, the safest, for now, should not buy USDT, holding USDT can sell cash. I give the opinion based on a personal evaluation, not FUD nhé you.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:53:52 AM

I will just base on today the thing I do when I hold (a.k.a HODL), sell and buy so in short it is trading.

1. I think positive and do not panick when market value goes down.
2. I do not use my bitcoin and exchange it to fiat when I need important things. I hold it until it increases at 50% aswell or a much better idea more than 50% increase.
3. After that I exchange it to fiat and spend it on the things I need in my everyday life.

In a scenario I need money
1. I exchange it to fiat, just about a little amount because I need money but I know bitcoin will increase and I get a money back.... So, I dit but stop because bitcoin is having signs.

You only withdraw when you need money right? and of course you will always holding your coin even when prices rise right? I've also done that strategy before, but how do you feel if you still hold back when prices go up, and then the price drops, and you throw that opportunity away? How do you feel ? and what you will do
ukboss

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 03:31:36 PM

Although I’m a professional cryptocurrency trader so I just follow the market movement. My rules for taking profit only day trading because most of the people know about day trading. Day trading is a very quick profit although it has risky, I suggest to newbie never start day trading because you can lose your whole money in a short time so before following market price then start day trading.
Agronopolos

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 06:08:06 PM

for me to withdraw funds only when I needed it because I applied BTC as a long-term investment, I bought BTC in 2016 and continued to export the amount of btc from the trading results and was attractive when needed but from now on I began to often withdraw to usdt to get profit from relatively btc fluctuations down now because for altcoin it's not good to trade now
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:26:11 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

Making the USDT choice is not bad when you have gotten the profits and wanna put them securely without getting fire of volatility. However I would suggest that you just re-invest your profits again into the coins which you think are good investment and are currently down in the price. You should always take such shots and then make more profits out of it.

That is how I am taking more profits here and not by holding by my profits. I will hold my profits whenever I have sufficient of them. Now the definition of the sufficient depends on many things and personal instincts.  Wink
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:26:33 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I always apply the rule sell high and buy low so I prefer buying during the dip. I believe that our profit depends on how we handle every situation and it is based on buying and selling at the right time. Whenever I gain a good profit, I reinvest the half of it in a good and potential coin or in bitcoin and ethereum to have a good gain out of it again.
baundul

Activity: 307

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:45:40 PM

The idea that you have given is reasonable. There is enough money when trading logic is worthwhile. There is no reason behind the lack of urgency. At that time money is not worth the price. Percentage is not a sight to see. But there is a need to keep things together without doing anything at all.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:51:14 PM

Well, since everyone here has different reason for investment so also we all have different take profit position. Personally, I withdraw any time I make up to 10 to 15 percent profit from my investment but on a rear occasion, I use to withdraw up to 50 percent of my investment in crypto currency even if the increase in the profit if not up to the said 50 percent.
akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:32:42 PM

The old rule in  this matter of 'buy low sell high' applies and one can't deviate from it if they want to make profit. But also knowing when the market is about to go down or up is used but gathered by knowledge. And of course, don't invest what you can't afford.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:30:10 PM

My rule is to take the profit whenever my profit target has been reached.
And the specific target depends on the market situation  and  on the specific coin.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:11:41 AM

My rule is to take the profit whenever my profit target has been reached.
And the specific target depends on the market situation  and  on the specific coin.
Agree is a very good strategy. actually I'm not too greedy in taking profit. try to make a plan for the price target you must achieve.
but also adjust the price target with market conditions. so that the target will not be difficult to reach. nice rules dude!
tuhnupeppu

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:20:48 AM

How I go about is make a goal. So when I reach that goal in the amount I would get profit, I will sell and put that money into use/save.
I will not take everything though. The price may go up even higher so just in case I keep some.
It's always good to hold. It seems like every year the price keeps going up so for bitcoin specifically, I would hold.
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 05:54:49 AM

It is necessary to look at the situation - how critical is the need for fiat money. If very then I change the crypt to Fiat, if the situation can wait - I search for good coins, you can even see new ones. New coins very often have the potential for growth (not all of course) the project and the future will be a coin, now I'm working with the BOOSTO project - I think there will be xxx.

likerseld

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:36:14 AM

I always apply the rule sell high and buy low so I prefer buying during the dip. I believe that our profit depends on how we handle every situation and it is based on buying and selling at the right time. Whenever I gain a good profit, I reinvest the half of it in a good and potential coin or in bitcoin and ethereum to have a good gain out of it again.
It is like basic rule that if you buy low and sell high, believe me this would be getting so amazing for you. the results after this implementation would make you astonished and totally wondered that how greatly someone can improve. The only way to get profit is buy low and sell high rule. You must keep your mind high and under controlled whenever prices are down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: