Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:36:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your rules for profit taking  (Read 1415 times)
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:08:27 PM

I have a tendency to preserve a varied method. i am a short term dealer as well as long term hodler. I studies substantially in low cap but capacity coins and make investment in them for long time. Such tokens are worst hit at some point of a sell off and are exceptional to build up in every sell off. i'm going short term with massive and mid cap cash. till the marketplace suggests and huge sign of recovery from the bear segment, i can maintain to play shorts with huge and mid cap.
amoredore

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:11:01 PM

For profit taking my strategy is half half if i have 1000 $ i always do if i buy a token 50% of my investment or 500 $ for buy and 50% too for sell 500 $

Very interesting way, I think.
joey alexander

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:25:42 PM

thank you for nice advice.i have loss many due to  being greedy,now i have learn hard way it's okay to take profits and anyone who tells you that it isn't either has made enough good trades to not have to worry or they're naive and will end up losing in the long-run.
Knabu

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:37:42 PM

Take 50% off after the logical target has been hit and i see bearish divergence of the indicators/candles. See how the trade is gonna continue after couple hours and either sell the rest & go short or let the trade continue climbing while staying long with 50% of my initial capital.

Repeat the steps at next resistance.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:50:23 PM

I rely on two main criteria - levels and math. When I rely on levels, I look at the levels that price may gain on different timeframes. As for math, I calculate 2R, 3R etc meaning my risk level is multiplied by 2 or more.

Almost similar with me, though I go with trend lines

going profits with initial confirmation as target

dividing it into 2 setting with my risk or cuts

if I have a clear trends with risk I doubled it with profits

setting target as 1:2 ratio as possible
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:14:05 AM

For profit taking my strategy is half half if i have 1000 $ i always do if i buy a token 50% of my investment or 500 $ for buy and 50% too for sell 500 $

Very interesting way, I think.
Always apply the simple rules that we have learned in our first class that subtract your cost price from the selling price will result in profit and you can also get in as percentage gain as well. Now the tough job is to make profit that is possible only if you are enriched with the great knowledge that an economist and trader or investor has so it has been much easy for them to make profit.
apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:00:23 AM

For now i try first to compound my profit while waiting for bull market,  use compound in this situation that all price of crypto in the bottom is less risk and will give more potential profit. After bull market passed, i will withdraw all of them and put in others asset.

malah

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:02:16 AM

I have a rule that I will sell soon when I get a profit even if it's only a little and I will exchange it for cash if I need money, the rest I use to buy coins again and hope to get more profit

paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:35:59 PM

In the rules of trading you have the path to make your money increase but it's also depends how you will start taking profit for you strategies in trading.
forestgunman

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 07:21:10 PM

I am a long term investor, so I will hold all my coins and will only sell them when the portfolio increases by at least two times
Brat ipoh

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:43:56 PM

I always exchange my cryptocurrency on the right time, if you want to earn more profit in the market then you need to endure the pressure just like what is happening right now and wait for the price to grow again
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:34:22 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

I am into rolling since my capital in trading ever since came from my excess income and the payments I’ve got from joining signature campaign,though i reserve some amounts as fiat so incase of emergency i have something to withdraw or when the dip happens i have amount to purchase another sets of coins,thts how i manage my profit,i dont know if someone do the same as mine but I believe that this is how we trust this market as cryptonians
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

I always exchange my cryptocurrency on the right time, if you want to earn more profit in the market then you need to endure the pressure just like what is happening right now and wait for the price to grow again

I have been wondering how you've been using this tactic lately. The price in the market has not increased in recent months. Also, it is not always possible to find the ''perfect time''. Because no one can say anything about what will happen after 1 hour.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:47:32 PM

One simple rule I always follow and every one should follow it to a certain extent is so long as I make at least 5% profit which is the best rate above any types of bank accounts then I'm happy. Even simpler, minimise loss and maximise profit.
Asawakobana2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:34:17 PM

One simple rule I always follow and every one should follow it to a certain extent is so long as I make at least 5% profit which is the best rate above any types of bank accounts then I'm happy. Even simpler, minimise loss and maximise profit.
Well i think we need to habe a capital its either money or effort, we needbti habe more patience for good. O believe that if we want to earn a huge amount of profit we need to be patience on doing such profitable thing in crypto because crypto is really unstable.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:30:28 PM

I have been wondering how you've been using this tactic lately. The price in the market has not increased in recent months. Also, it is not always possible to find the ''perfect time''. Because no one can say anything about what will happen after 1 hour.
I am also in the same strategy too.Since the market is really in dump this past few months,so i never sell my coins that i have been holding for a long time.Maybe i had sold a fraction of them when i was badly needing money but the rest are still left for holding purposes.I know they will surely grow in time.

kotajikikox

Activity: 2422
Merit: 213

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:40:48 PM

When do you withdraw funds? Do you sell into fiat or USDT? Im thinking something like this: After a 50% increase sell 20% into USDT, repeat. Reinvest in dips. When 100% increased sell 20% into fiat

My trading strategy is use mbtc to buy altcoins and i resell altcoin again inti mbtc if you asking for my trading exchange work. Thne if you asking where i convert my coins if need to use it in my personal needed i convert it unto fiat herein my localtion where i resides.

The Scorpion

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:03:58 AM

Some days it just takes courage to take the profit. You can always invest back in when the time is right. Patience! Accumulated % of profits. If in for the long term ....don't look at the markets everyday as that will just absorb valuable energy and focus.
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:48:57 AM

Right now I prefer to fix profit or lose according to technical analysis and technical indicators. Also I use William Gann's methods to define goals (take profit levels) and set stop loss to minimize my risks. Now I often fix my trade when the price get about 15-20% profit.
joey alexander

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 10:25:00 AM

All I can suggest is that Nobody has ever lost money from taking profits. But if you are in it for the long haul there is no point in watching the markets. You should believe in your own judgment of your investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: