Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [1080 | 1080TI] ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener  (Read 59559 times)
xinxilas

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:42:03 PM

Is there any chance for the Pill reduce even more the cards lifespan?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crypto4pizza

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:42:35 PM

Have never mined ETH before....All suggestions on best miner and pool?

Also, can I add this executable to shell:startup on all my Win10 rigs?
dooshek

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:31:17 PM

Works beautiful!

My 1080 got 24 MH/s before and 34 MH/s after.

Thank you!
Spill

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:46:11 AM

I don't have any Nvida cards but Props to the developers helping out the community with this.
tufail_74

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:20:02 AM

just a question, is there major diff in payment from pool apart from fig change of speed? can please someone confirm if he is getting around 40% extra payment?
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:14:08 AM

First I want to thank the authors for this great tool and for their giving spirit to help the community. I would encourage everyone to donate some or all of their first week or two's increased profits to the developers to promote such releases in the future.

Secondly, I want to add my voice that this tool does indeed work as advertised. I have been running it now on my 1080TI rigs for the past 4 days and can verify that not only does it increase the hashrate as shown in the miner, but also increases the shares submitted to the pool.

My first test of this software was on a smaller 4x1080TI rig I have and the rig's poolside shares went from ~150 per hour on the Ethermine pool to around 190 per hour after using the enlargement tool. This corresponds pretty closely with the rig hashrate going from 140 MH/s to 200 MH/s, or the difference of going from around 35MH/s to 50MH/s per 1080TI.

After having switched my remaining 1080TI rigs over they all displayed similar results, with cards running from 49 to 52 MH/s and increased share count pool-side.

Myself I think some of the haters and disbelievers may have other agendas at play and they get mad when people release such helpful tools to the community, especially for free. I hope the people who are taking advantage of the increased performance of this tool can realize this and not only help cast light on the trolls for what they are, but also to recognize that a small donation will help to promote this type of software in the future.

If you do not choose to donate, realize if that becomes the prevalent attitude, in time the only software available to the public will be either with developer fees, costing you a lot more in the long run than a donation would, or remain in private hands of the big farmers everyone claims to so despise.

Once again to the developers, thank you for this great software as I for one appreciate it.

Well said! 100% with you and donation already sent Smiley
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:31:48 AM

just a question, is there major diff in payment from pool apart from fig change of speed? can please someone confirm if he is getting around 40% extra payment?

Confirmed here.
xinxilas

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:21:59 PM

the real question
Bazzaar

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

the real question

FFS here we go again! perpetuating the MYTH that electronics wear out like some machine!

The only thing that is likely to suffer are fans because they are mechanical.
Until you can explain at the material level what changes with age, be quiet.
24/7 operation is not a reason.
Running at 100% is not a reason (unless you're an idiot you will be under clocking and volting to reduce power)
heat cycling is not a reason( for one thing mining gpu aren't cycling, they run at steady temps)

So enough with the irrational paranoia, and anyway you will be upgrading before any gpu's run long enough to wear out

Baz
OhGodAGirl

Activity: 199
Merit: 108

Look, I'm really not that interesting. Promise.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:55:27 PM

No.

Oh wait, someone already answered up above.
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:27:09 PM

the real question

FFS here we go again! perpetuating the MYTH that electronics wear out like some machine!

Running at 100% is not a reason (unless you're an idiot you will be under clocking and volting to reduce power)
heat cycling is not a reason( for one thing mining gpu aren't cycling, they run at steady temps)

So enough with the irrational paranoia, and anyway you will be upgrading before any gpu's run long enough to wear out

Baz

That's not exactly true.  The caps will eventually fail, and they will fail faster at higher temps.  I doubt that this ETHlargement will have any significant impact though.
Bazzaar

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:35:16 PM

the real question

Baz

That's not exactly true.  The caps will eventually fail, and they will fail faster at higher temps.  I doubt that this ETHlargement will have any significant impact though.

Gpu temps are lower in a mining rig so they will last longer
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:30:31 PM

the real question

Baz

That's not exactly true.  The caps will eventually fail, and they will fail faster at higher temps.  I doubt that this ETHlargement will have any significant impact though.

Gpu temps are lower in a mining rig so they will last longer

Agreed.  I was just nitpicking at your argument that the lack of moving parts meant that electronics won't "wear out".  Everything eventually fails, and sending sustained loads, while less stressful than fluctuating transitory loads typical of gaming or whatever, still raises the temperature, which leads to an accelerated rate of failure.  In the case of caps, AFAIK, even the "solid" ones still use an electrolyte polymer that is still subject to expansion hastened by heat.  I could be talking out of my ass though, as I'm far from an expert.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:05:02 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 05:41:55 PM by vapourminer

pretty sweet i must say.

generally i dislike running unvetted software but this was too hard to pass up.

hash is in the low 50's on my 2 1080tis on cdm 11.6 11.4. still tweaking. nice.

sent a ltc donation, tx in pm.

bliskars

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:18:48 PM

Hey guys I have an EVGA gtx 1080 mining with hiveos. Just updated to latest version which comes with the pill built in. I am getting 30.5 mh/s which is awsome. Up from 21 mh/s. I am however not able to overclock on hiveos. It gives me memory error cuda error 4. Anyone have the same issue know a fix? Not able to overclock at all on Linux... Any help?
matmator

Activity: 487
Merit: 252

bou !

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:47:10 PM

Hello

I have a 1080 ddr5x but I can not run at home, I have a blackscreen and my PC restart.

you have an idea ?

go to the moon !!
nitrobg

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:06:51 PM

If you are referring to the electrolytic caps - they can be easily replaced. Only very high temperatures can harm the device, and most miners are running them at 60-70C on average.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:05:18 PM

if people are using sane settings (voltages and cooling) plus quality PSUs the card will be far obsolete before any damage to caps and such happen.

fans? meh. make sure they are ball bearing. and add external fans if needed. keep cards below 70C and thats not just the gpu chip there are vrms that need to be cooled also (call it 80C for them). the better cards also monitor memory temps. not sure what the highest recommended is but i would guess 70C for them.

people are overthinking this. relax. electronics like stable temps and stable voltages more than anything else.

moroz

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:21:47 PM

Debian/Ubuntu with 4.15 kernels, 390.48 drivers and cuda 9.1.

This isn't working on all 1080ti vendors, did testing on some rigs and can report not to work: Asus Turbo, PNY XLR8. So this tool is rather limited for large mixed rigs, but thanks anyway.

Otherwise, with "right" cards it works on any baremetal mining platform, up to 11*1080ti/rig, largest i've got here.
It does NOT work on paravirtualized systems on KVM and VT-d pci-e passthrough with mining guests, but these setups are very rare among conventional miners. Tried paravilrtualized Windoze also with same result.

Any chance of getting it to work with everything 1080ti?  Smiley
xinxilas

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:22:42 PM

the real question

Baz

Im lay, im just asking

I run < 60º and only 58% power with my 1080s with the Pill, but the program could me changing some critical feature
IMO you can't say absolute nothing about this

I could be running at 10% power usage, at 10C, this does not mean that an software cannot damage the card, why not?

I know a question like this might offend the developer. Of course, if she/he knew that it would damage, she/he would have warned or she/he would not even have released the software.
But it has to be asked. And already it was answered.
Let's go on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: