Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:28:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [1080 | 1080TI] ETHlargement - The Hashrate Hardener  (Read 59559 times)
cryptoyes

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:39:48 PM

I've read through the thread (though I admit not every bit of it) and I'm very surprised to see nobody has been concerned about whether this executable does any funky things like ever connect to the Internet at any point, read any files off disk, etc? Has anyone monitored it (long enough) for any of those things?

Looks nice, but all of a sudden someone anonymous just deciding to help everyone by providing a closed source executable should normally raise just a healthy dose of suspicion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:00:37 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2018, 11:20:29 PM by jimmykl

I've read through the thread (though I admit not every bit of it) and I'm very surprised to see nobody has been concerned about whether this executable does any funky things like ever connect to the Internet at any point, read any files off disk, etc? Has anyone monitored it (long enough) for any of those things?

Looks nice, but all of a sudden someone anonymous just deciding to help everyone by providing a closed source executable should normally raise just a healthy dose of suspicion.

You really did skim read it in that case. A shitton of people shared your concerns. In fact there were so many negative, sceptical reactions that OhGodACompany have chosen to make any future versions devfee rather than free. (Thanks for that, you know who you are)

I'd advise watching this interview with @OhGodAGirl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTRYp_kCYg and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuBX2gEthVU

My TLDW; if the devs wanted to fuck you over why would they clearly identify themselves, openly interact with the community, and  invite security vetting? There would be much easier (and more rewarding) ways to completely destroy their professional reputations.

reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

I heard ver said it is killing babies

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
jimmykl

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:03:01 PM

I heard ver said it is killing babies

Poor Rog Cry
66mhz

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:32:11 PM

Multiple users have confirmed the process is accessing two IPs (2.21.242.213/2.21.242.237) over encrypted connection. Not sure why this is necessary.

cryptoyes

Activity: 297

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:43:12 PM

You really did skim read it in that case. A shitton of people shared your concerns. In fact there were so many negative, sceptical reactions that OhGodACompany have chosen to make any future versions devfee rather than free. (Thanks for that, you know who you are)

I'd advise watching this interview with @OhGodAGirl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTRYp_kCYg and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuBX2gEthVU

My TLDW; if the devs wanted to fuck you over why would they clearly identify themselves, openly interact with the community, and  invite security vetting? There would be much easier (and more rewarding) ways to completely destroy their professional reputations.

Thanks for those links. She seems cool. I read the first 3 pages of posts of this thread (no concerns expressed there) and skim-read the rest.

So what's the dev fee for the -r2 version tha is now available?
jimmykl

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:06:56 AM

Thanks for those links. She seems cool. I read the first 3 pages of posts of this thread (no concerns expressed there) and skim-read the rest.

So what's the dev fee for the -r2 version tha is now available?

No worries, some of that 'shit-ton' may have been from reddit, youtube and github…

No dev fee on the current version. But they have said new versions (hopefully for all nvidia cards) will have a dev fee. OhGodACompany are flat out finishing a miner (due May 25) so it could possibly be integrated into that.
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:17:31 AM

EVGA 1080 TI SC2

Core: -150
Mem: +1000

Claymore 11.6

Hashrate 54.6-56.9

Thanks!!!

Edit: Windows 10, powlim 100
Liten

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:52:01 AM

EVGA 1080TI Water Kingpin

Mem: +750
Core: +0

Claymore 10,3

Hashrate 53-54

Windows 10, powlim 70
kyovlodik

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:59:06 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 03:15:04 PM by kyovlodik

Multiple users have confirmed the process is accessing two IPs (2.21.242.213/2.21.242.237) over encrypted connection. Not sure why this is necessary.

Neither do I. The security concerns raised in this thread of using a seemingly random, closed-source binary which calls back to Akamai servers over an encrypted channel are legitimate. Until an explanation is provided by the developers for the usage of these two IPs, you can temporarily block your system(s) from reaching them by using the following:

Windows (as Administrator):
Code:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.213
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.237

Linux (as root):
Code:
iptables -A OUTPUT -d 2.21.242.213 -j DROP
iptables -A OUTPUT -d 2.21.242.237 -j DROP

As far as I can tell, it has zero impact on the efficacy of the application nor the final hash rate.
xpulse

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:26:27 PM

Neither do I. The security concerns raised in this thread of using a seemingly random, closed-source binary which calls back to Akamai servers over an encrypted channel are legitimate. Until an explanation is provided by the developers for the usage of these two IPs, you can temporarily block your system(s) from reaching them by using the following:

Code:
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.213
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="ETHlargement Callback" interface=any dir=out action=block remoteip=2.21.242.237

Linux (as root):
Code:

As far as I can tell, it has zero impact on the efficacy of the application nor the final hash rate.

Code:

Linux (as root):
Code:

This will be useless if in code dev is using fdqn as target address, but anyway what kind of concerns might be with traffic? Yes, probably it is good to know what dev sending back to their servers, but I personally don’t care, as I have nothing saved on rigs, execpt OS and miners.
laineux

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:36:54 PM

Yeah !

great job with 3x 1080ti
ETH: GPU0 53.788 Mh/s, GPU1 53.041 Mh/s, GPU2 54.494 Mh/s

NekMiner

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:17:17 PM

I was Trying to message OHGODAGIRL and you write the whole message and then it says your a NEWBIE and you cant send the message. So i will try and post here. Oh OHGODGIRL hello how are you can you please contact me or email. I have a question. Thanks in Advance.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:25:20 PM

hi guys, working this on Nvidia P102-100 GPUs, bcs i have normalny 1080ti, where i have about 54,7mhs stable, but on this mining card, i cannot do over 46,7 stable.... when i make it more, then crash, thx for help

no matter how much people say it, we still have people like this that barge in without reading anything.

THIS WILL NOT WORK ON YOUR P102/P104 MINING CARDS! YOUR CARDS ALREADY HAVE THE MODDED TIMINGS!
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:49:53 PM

I was Trying to message OHGODAGIRL and you write the whole message and then it says your a NEWBIE and you cant send the message. So i will try and post here. Oh OHGODGIRL hello how are you can you please contact me or email. I have a question. Thanks in Advance.

Did you ever wonder why the forum defaults to blocking newbies from sending PMs? Perhaps it's because newbies have a tendency to use PMs to ask about things clearly covered in existing threads? So unless you are trying to ask @OhGodAGirl out on a date, you should probably read this thread THEN ask your question here.

Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:51:31 PM

unless you are trying to ask @OhGodAGirl out on a date

She is taken already, her BF is here on forum Smiley
Lysak1

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:31:20 PM

Gigabyte Aorus 1080ti Ex Edition

PL  65; Core +80 ; Mem 650-700
53 Mh (sometimes 51 & 54)
48-49 deg on MSI AB
thewhitezebra

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:38:56 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 01:49:43 AM by thewhitezebra

This works great!

I went ahead and created a forum username just thank you and tell you how appreciated work like this is.  And btw, I definitely don't mind at all paying a dev fee for the next enlarger release if it works like the ethlargement.  Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks again,

thewhitezebra

edit: currently working for 8x 1080ti, every brand has different oc limits, no need to oc core clock
snd22

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:22:23 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 12:54:33 AM by snd22

hi, anybody has use it for GTX1080??
i already trying but it not works, and make my rig restarting every i click the pill.exe

i already trying with revA one by one, and still not work because freezing.
OhYeesh

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:03:25 AM

Sure, it would, but sometimes people do stuff just to be nice. SGMiner-GM was released with our optimized Ethereum kernel, and we didn't slap a devfee in that.

Not everyone in the world is out to fuck you over.

Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity. This boosted my only 1080 from 26MH/s to 37Mh/s with Max mem OC in MSI Afterburner. My Linux machines with more than 1 GPU have 1070s on them so this obviously doesn't apply.

Details for everyone with similar GPU:
Core Voltage: Default
Power limit: 60% (can be lower without affecting hash rate)
Temp (gets adjusted with Power limit): 67
Core: -100 (could be lower but I use the machine also while mining)
Mem: +1000
Fan: Auto (sits on 41% when temp is 60 deg C)

Like my voluntary donation to CHFAST for ethminer at Github... I made donations here too - the donation is not for the tool but for the gesture and the fact that it wasn't embedded as a dev fee. Thank you for making this an option rather than a dev fee that runs inside the application (which is just pure evil BTW and yes... there is a BIG difference between taking fee and accepting donations). I am looking at you Claymore and EWBF. Yeah... you know it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: