Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your opinion on token airdrops?  (Read 714 times)
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:46:01 AM

That is pretty normal. It also one of their marketing strategy to get thousands of supporters and spread the news about their platform. Getting an airdrop is not for free don't they? You will have to retweet or share, register your account to their website, joining their channels and different social media accounts. These platform actually saving their money when doing airdrop. They are hiring a freelancers which are willing to accept a payment through their token.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:47:53 AM

How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.

Doing airdrops to promote a certain project is a good thing. It brings the most number of participants and that is a good thing. Unfortunately, some projects are just scams.  
MisterLangley

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:19:09 AM

Airdrop is a good project although many argue that airdrop projects are mostly scam edges. But behind the opinion is still a lot of good things behind the airdrop project
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 07:27:40 AM

Airdrop is a good project although many argue that airdrop projects are mostly scam edges. But behind the opinion is still a lot of good things behind the airdrop project
For your information, airdrop is not a project. Airdrops are give away tokens by the company to the people. In order to gain popularity, one project makes their marketing strategy and airdrop is an example of it. Many people likes airdrop because they recieve tokens from ot but for me, it is an advantage also for the project to spread their name and gather investors. As what said, individual ambition serves the common good.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:31:22 AM

How do you guys feel about project issuing airdrops? Even if it is one from a reputable project with a great utility token.
token from an Airdrop is not so great. I think if tatapi will collect the results of token Airdrop is also capable of producing. so every Airdrop I want to follow suit. However, some of these days many Airdrop that scam. so we should take heart.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
kurdun

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:44:44 AM

I think that this is an attempt to draw attention to your project. Lovers of easy money have always loved airdrops
EfKos

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 07:46:33 AM

I still do not believe in tokens, because I have never made a profit, although I have a lot of these coins... still waiting when they will appear on the exchange.
wanglili1983

Activity: 215

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:58:33 AM

Each token is aimed at attracting more attention, and then allowing more investors to see it have a large community and invest in them. It has to be said that this is a successful marketing strategy.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:04:03 AM

Most airdrops are pretty worthless at least all the ones I've done in 2018 have not brought me any profit.

Now it's only a way to attract some attention on a project.

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:22:48 AM

airdrop is great if the developer team knows how to crypto work, you can see lately there are some successful airdrop in the market, but do not do ICO, it happens because the developers know what to do, but most airdrop developers do not know what to do what, and finally their tokens / coins do not have a price in the market Grin

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:45:21 AM

ICO's, airdrops, signature campaigns, and other distribution methods are just tools... what matters are the motives behind the team.  If an airdrop is simply to scatter coins across as many addresses as possible to spam then no, I'm not a fan of them.

True. Most ICOs spreading are failed and scams. The reason why most of the investors are still choose to produce an ICO even if it is too risky is because of the main reason that they wanted to raise money. We wanted to see ICOs projects with future utility.

According to Schimdt, "Low-quality projects are taking advantage of airdrops to make a fake community." And I strongly agree to his statement. In the long term, few tokens are being establish and being known.
Pricelessent (OP)

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:21:34 PM

Each token is aimed at attracting more attention, and then allowing more investors to see it have a large community and invest in them. It has to be said that this is a successful marketing strategy.

I agree with this. And are you talking about public or private investors? Or both?
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:07:12 PM

How about a token airdrop that has a cap to a certain amount of members? That way each member can get more tokens and would most likely be based on a first come, first served.

Also, i actually has another question....should the KYC be just as strict as a normal ICO?
I believe that the number of participants in the signature campaign in ICO projects should not be limited. Now only in some ICO campaigns the number of participants in the campaign is very high, basically there are a few dozen participants. Now everyone has the right to choose to join him to a particular ICO campaign or not. This should be followed. Here the forum has already introduced a merit system since January, which actually blocked the movement of members of the forum on ranks. Now the question is raised about the limitation of the number of participants in the signature campaign. This is wrong and not democratic. In addition, the ICO teams themselves are not interested in this restriction. For them, the more participants will advertise their ICO project, the better. Vseravno on all participating in the campaign signatures of individuals allocated a certain number of issued tokens.

Aroma92

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:15:40 PM

All airdrops are a deception. Never pay coins. And I try to carefully select them, but still very little sense.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
ferrari123

Activity: 51

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:18:39 PM

Airdrops are the ones that requires from users to complete various social tasks in order to be able to participate in the airdrop.That social tasks may be to join Telegram group, or follow a blockchain project on the Twitter or some other social network.
Some airdrops are scam or legit. You are lucky if get of those promise reward after you do the task they have been given.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:27:14 PM

Airdrop is a good strategy in advertisement as long as it is very limited amount per participants to avoid dumps when it is already available in trading platform. Big allocation for airdrop is a big NO for me because it will only create a disaster in the first phase of the project after it is listed in any trading platform.
gazilla

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:36:28 PM

I think it is a good thing that they give away tokens for free for better coverage in the market. However, most of the airdropped tokens do not amount much when you sell them, thus you have on one side free tokens that do not amount much, and on the other they ask you to join a number of social channel, and after a while it gets annoying. You judge for yourself.
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:41:50 PM

Well, no reason is bad. You can participate in normal projects. If everyone participates in a row, you just lose time.
Pricelessent (OP)

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:42:55 PM

How about a token airdrop that has a cap to a certain amount of members? That way each member can get more tokens and would most likely be based on a first come, first served.

Also, i actually has another question....should the KYC be just as strict as a normal ICO?
I believe that the number of participants in the signature campaign in ICO projects should not be limited. Now only in some ICO campaigns the number of participants in the campaign is very high, basically there are a few dozen participants. Now everyone has the right to choose to join him to a particular ICO campaign or not. This should be followed. Here the forum has already introduced a merit system since January, which actually blocked the movement of members of the forum on ranks. Now the question is raised about the limitation of the number of participants in the signature campaign. This is wrong and not democratic. In addition, the ICO teams themselves are not interested in this restriction. For them, the more participants will advertise their ICO project, the better. Vseravno on all participating in the campaign signatures of individuals allocated a certain number of issued tokens.

A lot of legal teams for ICOs are advising them not to go with public crowdsales. So what are other ways for them to raise funds?
nguyenkhanhhung14

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:44:26 PM

There are a lot of ICO project run airdrop for their token holder, it's an encouragement way to make all their investor hold their token for longer and it'll make their token price won't be dumped because of panic seller Smiley). It's totally different with other airdrops, you need to hold requirement token in your balance if you want to join these airdrops.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: