Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Applecoin - Now on BTC38.com, Surpasses 5 Million Market Cap.  (Read 49846 times)
peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:59:27 PM

This reminds me a lot of YBcoin, a Yacoin clone just like Applecoin that was immensely popular in China from the very beginning, leading to insane prices. Same story here it seems.

edit: New page.
1000 Applecoin = 286$  Shocked

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
int3ractivodular

Activity: 280

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

This reminds me a lot of YBcoin, a Yacoin clone just like Applecoin that was immensely popular in China from the very beginning, leading to insane prices. Same story here it seems.

It still doesn't make any semblance of sense though... WHY is it popular in China? Obviously here on the English boards, most users are only interested in coins that bring something new to the table. Are the Chinese just stupid? I mean really, it just seems like the most basic of logic here... If something is just a copy of something else that already exists that no one cares about, why would the copy be so popular and worth so much?

I can't think of any reason why they would throw money at something that's just a clone of a clone of a clone with no services surrounding it...

But again, I'm not complaining and I'll keep mining this coin and selling it as long as it remains profitable, but I just can't wrap my head around its unwarranted price and popularity...
int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:08:58 PM

1k APC = $286

Exactly! What in the actual fuck!? Its price seems completely unjustified and has since its release and yet it just keeps increasing in value...

Do the Chinese just look at a coin and go "oh look theres lots generated early on and much fewer generated later, this automatically means that it will sky rocket in price as reward drops dramatically, better buy all of it" and then they just make it a self-fulfilling prophecy? If that's the case can't fathom the stupidity that must make up the conversation on the Chinese boards...

It's like they have no concept of the future. Obviously 95% of altcoins do not have a place in the market in terms of becoming a useable currency, so to me at least, it seems only logical to invest in the coins that have intrinsic value or factors unique to them that will give them staying power. Apparently the Chinese just throw their money at any and every new currency they can despite the fact that it probably won't even exist a short time from now.

I'm astounded every day by the amount of idiots that are involved in Cryptos, it seems like you'd have to have a halfway functioning brain to even get into cryptos in the first place, but apparently this isn't the case...
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:11:33 PM

Sold many of my APC's earlier, for also a good price in my opinion. But those prices are insane. How do you know that value? Do you trade it on BTC38? I don't see an option to trade it for LTC or something over there.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:13:14 PM

1k APC = $286

Exactly! What in the actual fuck!? Its price seems completely unjustified and has since its release and yet it just keeps increasing in value...

Do the Chinese just look at a coin and go "oh look theres lots generated early on and much fewer generated later, this automatically means that it will sky rocket in price as reward drops dramatically, better buy all of it" and then they just make it a self-fulfilling prophecy? If that's the case can't fathom the stupidity that must make up the conversation on the Chinese boards...

Stop moaning get mining i guess, same for QRK same for all these rocketing currencies, sitting there moaning is not going to help. Their market likes applecoin i guess that is all there is to know. I've given up wondering, i mean DOGE is worth a fortune now. Let's hope that makes and exchange soon. I have stopped worrying why things are going up and trying to get my hands on some before it is way out of our price range.

int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:17:09 PM

1k APC = $286

Stop moaning get mining i guess, same for QRK same for all these rocketing currencies, sitting there moaning is not going to help. Their market likes applecoin i guess that is all there is to know. I've given up wondering, i mean DOGE is worth a fortune now. Let's hope that makes and exchange soon. I have stopped worrying why things are going up and trying to get my hands on some before it is way out of our price range.

Lol, I'm not moaning by any means. I mined hundreds of thousands of QRK and sold them all for plenty of profit, same with APC. I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind these market decisions. I'm mining happily away, getting my APC and selling it.

I guess I should just give up trying to predict where coins are going based on the merits of the coin itself and start trying to predict what the ignorant masses of irrational Chinese money-wasters will decide to pump next.
BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:19:09 AM

China treats investments differently, they and their society thinks in long term. Spending money now and waiting 5, 10 or 20 years for the coins values to skyrocket seems to be their method. IE they dont think like Americans where it must be instant gratification. They haven't had that luxury.
int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:39:46 AM

China treats investments differently, they and their society thinks in long term. Spending money now and waiting 5, 10 or 20 years for the coins values to skyrocket seems to be their method. IE they dont think like Americans where it must be instant gratification. They haven't had that luxury.

That was my understanding as well which is why I am so confused by their interest in Applecoin; because it has nothing unique or different about it, there are 0 indicators that it's going to be here for the long-haul. There is clearly absolutely no logic behind their investments in APC, but I won't complain because it's making me tons of profit.
dawgyg

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:05:22 AM

Any idea how we can translate the btc-8 page? i have alot of apc id like to sell but cant read the page to trade
oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:17:42 AM

Any idea how we can translate the btc-8 page? i have alot of apc id like to sell but cant read the page to trade

If the auto-translate feature in Google Chrome doesn't work, it wasn't good for me on this site, then try something like SYSTRANet (http://www.systranet.com/web)

Seems to get most of the content into English and keep the web page functional. Hope that helps.

If you get stuck with any APC then try me on a PM, i may be tempted.
ekrem

Activity: 235

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:24:02 AM

http://apcpool.dyndns.org/  down ay news?
dawgyg

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:27:24 AM

thanks once, i have managed to piece together a translation for it, and have attempted to fund my account with 4000 apc there, will let you know how it works out lol
oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:42:37 AM

thanks once, i have managed to piece together a translation for it, and have attempted to fund my account with 4000 apc there, will let you know how it works out lol

Just make sure the words Buy and Sell are translated  Grin Have fun.
dawgyg

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:15:45 PM

Google chrome worked, and I was able to sell them for 0.007 ltc thanks for the suggestion!
int3ractivodular

TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:42:32 PM

I'd just like to take a moment to stop and thank every single moronic Chinese "investor" that bought my APC at 1.7 each; learn what the fuck you're doing before investing in garbage. Thanks for the easy money!
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:59:54 PM

shame it never made a decent western exchange it could have survived a bit better.

i wonder who is buying all of these coins?

Don007
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:04:42 AM

Not sure, a few chinese people. Unfortunately I sold too many APC in the start of this, they're worth quite much now.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:05:34 AM

Not sure, a few chinese people. Unfortunately I sold too many APC in the start of this, they're worth quite much now.

well it has crashed now i think, although i can't read that chinese mess whatever translator i use.  

Any western exchanges ever pick this up i would not mind getting a bit back now it's dropped??

Don007
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:13:58 AM

How do you know it has crashed? Did the value decreased a lot? I didn't kept records of the value of this coin.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:29:13 AM

yes it has crashed like everything in china, they have been ordered by their masters to stay poor:(

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: