Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:56:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency  (Read 7186 times)
stimliall

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:14:58 PM

It is still too early to say that Bitcoin has failed or succeeded. Even if Bitcoin fails, there will be more economical digital cryptocurrencies. Some do not understand Bitcoin or have not studied bitcoin to stop the attack, time will prove everything.
Ayaah

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:20:42 PM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

I think bitcoin is not failed as a currency, maybe now bitcoin is not acknowledged as a currency,  but from time to time especially right now bitcoin are gaining more a very good satisfactory high impact to the people world wide. This impact can bring bitcoin as a currency because many people are willing to adopt this new technology the digital money currency, known as bitcoin.
blizzard31

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:24:10 PM

You are just giving your opinion with the current situation of bitcoin, but i still disagree about bitcoin being failed as currency, in my country (philippines) we have an application designated for bitcoin where we can use it to pay bills and any other stuff.
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 10:26:58 PM

I think bitcoin is used for online transactions and bitcoin prices are unstable, but if bitcoin becomes stable it may be possible that bitcoin will be the currency, but currently bitcoin can not be currency due to the inaccessibility or absence of assets to guarantee it from undesirable risk.

i think bitcoin price wouldn't be stable, because there's still a manipulation prices over there, the fluctuation of bitcoin itself that make something like this happened, and i also think that supply of bitcoin also affect into this stuff. just look on the other world currency like USD, JPY, GBP, did they really have supply ? i don't think so.

So if bitcoin have an unlimited supply, and the goal of bitcoin is to become a new currency i think that's still possible

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:27:22 PM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

I think it will change over the long term. Instability makes bitcoin difficult to serve as currency or something to make transactions. If only a stable bitcoin might just be what you want. I can not say that bitcoin fails. Bitcoin is full of potential for a good future.
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:39:06 PM

We can't readily say bitcoin failed as a currency due to the circumstances that surround it. Market price is determined by every single person and not on a centralised basis and because of this the price is always volatile. This volatility makes it a perfect asset for some people as they believe if they buy btc at lower price they can sell at high when the price is going up

vnnbot

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:22:08 PM

I think that eventually bitcoin will cease to be used as a payment medium, because altcoins are gaining popularity, which are faster, cheaper and anonymous than bitcoin.
Dele2018

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 11:28:56 PM

Bitcoin has not failed has a currency,you just can conclude  and say bitcoin has failed has a currency,it's pretty young it's not even up to ten years,has time goes on more and more people will begin to adopt it has a legal tender. 
peterpeterpeter

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:31:10 PM

Well based upon to my research and experience about bitcoin.
I think we can't say that bitcoin is failed as a currency because in a short time period more and more people who are interesting to join in our community and this is a good news to us in this matter it will be a way or chances to be recognized that bitcoin can be a currency.
Cryptogenes

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:39:30 PM

Bitcoin is ranked among the top 6 currencies in the world so i dont understand why people will say that bitcoin has failed as a currency. Bitcoin as a currency came not long ago but has become one of the most popular currencies in the world. I believe that in some few years to come, bitcoin will become one of the top 3 most trusted and used currencies worldwide.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:41:25 PM

Bitcoin is a good currency.  It keeps on growing and the demand increases inspite of the negative forces that is spreading in the news, btc does affected and back again because there are more investors that believes that btc has a good future.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:47:10 PM

The high volatility of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is a huge setback on it becoming a currency. Something that experiences this level of volatility can not possibly be passed as a store of value. But we can't categorically say that Bitcoin has failed as a currency because a lot of development is still in place and I believe we haven't seen much of Bitcoin yet.
godrey123

Activity: 188

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:56:23 AM

I thi k the reason why it became more of an investment is because of the limited supply of bitcoin which circulate around the market. but still it has the characteristics of a currency that you can use to buy, exchange or pay. Its just to volatile. But technology is continually improving maybe one of these time a more suitable cryto will become the real future currency.
Sosad12

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:59:30 AM

i think good investment . sometimes its risky
Lonthe

Activity: 384

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:11:56 AM

We can not verify that now bitcoin fails to be a currency, of course it takes time and process that is not short so we can see that someday bitcoin become currency.

OOOBTC.com ●  ●  Trade Crypto On This Awesome Platform
▬▬ ●  Lightning Enabled  | Fast & Secure  |  11 Mil Bounty ●  ▬▬
Bounty Thread Whitepaper FB Page Twitter Telegram
andrino

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:13:48 AM

Actually bitcoin is accepted in other country as currency but not a national currency. But there are more who make bitcoin as investment than to make a currency because they know that one day it will become more expensive. So better hold than use bitcoin.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:17:59 AM

I think it will change over the long term. Instability makes bitcoin difficult to serve as currency or something to make transactions. If only a stable bitcoin might just be what you want. I can not say that bitcoin fails. Bitcoin is full of potential for a good future.
But eventually it will be stable someday, there are a lot of governments who are reaching bitcoin and accepting this amazing technology, even some of colleges are try to make it a part of their study course and after this more people will let know about bitcoin, bitcoin is volatile which is being able to make profit for people now so bitcoin has a lot of benefits.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:23:35 AM

It is still too early to say that Bitcoin has failed or succeeded. Even if Bitcoin fails, there will be more economical digital cryptocurrencies. Some do not understand Bitcoin or have not studied bitcoin to stop the attack, time will prove everything.

It's not really that early. Go back 5-9 year ago and the common opinion was that if Bitcoin was traded on an international scale with hundreds and billions in volume and market cap it would have stability similar to central bank controlled currencies. Volatility has been one of the main complaints from users and critics as far back as I can't remember. And the answer was always that volatility would become far less of an issue. But clearly that didn't happen.

I think Bitcoin in general has been wildly successful. But I think of someone wants to restrict their argument to whether it's been successful as strictly a 'currency', then they could probably make a decent argument that it hasn't done too well in that regard.
Mr.John19

Activity: 350
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:26:45 AM

We can never say precisely what bitcoin can be because of use relies upon the individual which one they will help us as money or investment. The reason some store or company don't adopt the bitcoin because the unsteady value and the volatility. Bitcoin isn't yet completely legitimate for across the world. By the way; we can utilize the bitcoin as a payment to others store accept it. We know whether we utilize the bitcoin as an investment we will acquire wage with it. A few people already become successful with the assistance of investing on bitcoin.
nayeel

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:32:21 AM

Of course We can't say this thing right now because the future are still bright with bitcoin Let us wait for Bitcoin to finally reach a certain level of stability and we will see how it will function more as a currency rather than as a speculative asset
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: