Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:28:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency  (Read 7186 times)
HukoJla

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:00:18 AM

Bitcoin prize is changing every day but not like other fiat currencies, so it is very hard to use bitcoin as a currency. If bitcoin will stable in future then there is no issue to use as currency.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:05:17 AM

I think bitcoin has done great since coming into the system. As investment, I think it has stood out as one of the most important currencies the world has ever seen. As currency, bitcoin has not achieved much simply because most governments are not allowing it. I believe that in some time to come when governments accept it, it will do great as a currency.

Its true that as investment, bitcoin can give profits more than others investment instrument. I think to make bitcoin as currency is just need regulation from government and central banks
Need for support from the government because then so bitcoin can grow. It is true today that bitcoin is mostly found as an investment rather than being used as a currency. As time goes by I am sure when the government can provide support then Bitcoin will become one of the strengths in the financial system in the world.
SailorCoin

Activity: 218
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:07:17 AM

I do not think that you could say that bitcoin failed as currency. If you compare with some currencies of other countrys, its very successfull. Bitcoin is accepted in a lot of online stores, and for the most wanted products in the deepweb. You can also buy a tesla with it. So i cant see any sign of fail!
Elrozaq

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:21:15 AM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

Yes, If bitcoin is high volatile, bitcoin failed as  a currency. Maybe in the future bitcoin will be more stable. Lets see.
dongyi17

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:27:07 AM

Its too soon to say it failed as currency on the contrary it's just beginning to become one, it's just that it haven't been accepted worldwide yet but just a few country but that doesn't it fail yes, we'd like to admit that its unstable and because of that we too are unsure to accept it but who knows in the passing of time something new will come up to make it as currency.

avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:29:23 AM

Any revolutionary technology is rejected by the public at the beginning of its development. It's too early to say that Bitcoin failed. Actually, I don't believe that it can fail ever.
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

All currencies need to be regulated. That's what makes them currencies in the first place; they are centrally managed by a central bank.

If we want crypto assets to be decentralized, then they will never be regulated and therefore will never be a real currency.

Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:03:17 PM

All currencies need to be regulated. That's what makes them currencies in the first place; they are centrally managed by a central bank.

If we want crypto assets to be decentralized, then they will never be regulated and therefore will never be a real currency.
Yes bitcoin failed as a currency. Because bitcoin is volatile, means that the value of bitcoin is rapidly changing and its unpredictable if it will go high or low and cant have constant value. Thats why bitcoin failed as a currency but a good use for investments. And i believe that in the future, bitcoin will always just be a investments and not a currency.
BitRentXx

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:10:39 PM

Bitcoin can be considered a currency when the price is normal. Those who have struggled to buy bitcoin, hoard and then wait for the bitcoin meteoric value, will lose the trust of useless bitcoins.
But here's the reality, the initial price of bitcoin is not as high as it is now. Those who buy bitcoin are what causes the value of bitcoin to soar.
And the main purpose of making bitcoin is as a means of payment rather than as an investment tool, so if you want to get a higher profit than looking at global economic progress, you should be ready to cry.
xandiel01

Activity: 161
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:15:22 PM

As of now, we can't say that bitcoin was failed as currency because we do not know how big it helps on us when the time comes that bitcoin will increase in price like what is on the news as was heard that in 2020 the price of bitcoin will become more expensive and i think its time to buy bitcoin now before its too late.
RenatoVillarinJr

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:21:06 PM

Now Bitcoin is Strongly Believe that it will not Fail and Worst case Scenario the price drops, it will go up I know this to be true in all my Research and sane Being.....
cryptojaani

Activity: 252
Merit: 71

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:24:03 PM

I do not think that you could say that bitcoin failed as currency. If you compare with some currencies of other countrys, its very successfull. Bitcoin is accepted in a lot of online stores, and for the most wanted products in the deepweb. You can also buy a tesla with it. So i cant see any sign of fail!
I think the real concern is the defination of being failed. Failed in the means of its value? if thats the case then that is not a failure because the price drop or price fluctuations to be specific are just normal and always happen in the crypto world. Bitcoin does not failed us to deliver a good service .bitcoin is not a failed currency because we did already see its success , if  bitcoin was really failed then we shouldnt see it becoming popular these days .
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:07:34 AM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

I think that btc would be hard to become a currency. It can be said that btc will be an intermediary in the payment or exchange medium in the transaction. It's like using a credit card, but instead of using bank money we use our own money.This means that instead of making a fixed transaction, you can use btc as a value converter and do it easily and quickly with a simple procedure.
Evidently bitcoin is not accept for in various parts of the world, but it seem a main currency for the internet. Even so many countries do not support it at all. We all know that most of us both in trouble using bitcoin as a currency. Usually people change bitcoin into cash to use, also these days some online webs or shop are accepted bitcoin to pay for goods or services, which helps bitcoin users get a good chance to use bitcoin easily. Generally, bitcoin is getting more vital around the world. Thus, I think that with its rapid development, in the future bitcoin is more likely to use as an extra income.
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:18:55 AM

certainly not because of the bitcoin has value is high and strong and its not failed.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:20:51 AM

Bitcoin is a currency not a Investmwnt platform. But some people Invest high amount in bitcoin and Regulate bitcoin price up and down + Spread media news to Earn more profit. Then they sell off all bitcoin money to gain double profit.

Bitcoin is not accpeted as regular currency because Tgere is no owner of Bitcoin . Who will responsible if any thing happens such as scam.

Bitcoin price will surely grow at year 2019 - 2020 Because Many people predict the price it will be reach 50k$. But due to some countries ban the usage of bitcoin it imapat the price
royromales

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:37:03 AM

I can not say that the bitcoin fails because some of us believe that bitcoin will not fail because people need and rely on bitcoin as it is better because it's a bit different from the person who uses bitcoin

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
poisonivy77

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:37:57 AM

certainly not because of the bitcoin has value is high and strong and its not failed.
It is not a failure actually, although bitcoin is not set as a universal currency, but being decentralize doesn't mean bitcoin has failed many investors have belief in this.

ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:46:11 AM

We can call it what we want , money, asset, international money and etc.? What do you mean can change in the long term? Long term investment? It is not connected to your title above "bitcoin failed as a currency". As we all know, bitcoin is a digital asset that can be used anywhere you are and you can carry it whenever and wherever you are. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Farahtenan

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:57:21 AM

Yes, you are right Bitcoin is already failing to become a currency. Because some people even want Bitcoin as an investment asset instead of currency. And I think Bitcoin is better suited to be a long-term investment asset. Because the longer hold Bitcoin the greater the price of Bitcoin.
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:59:36 AM

It is not a failure actually, although bitcoin is not set as a universal currency, but being decentralize doesn't mean bitcoin has failed many investors have belief in this.

people that has been not know more about bitcoin they can actually tell that bitcoin is a failed currency but for does who had been used this a lot of time and see this as a good currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: