Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:05:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency  (Read 7186 times)
dhanushilakshani

Activity: 177
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:01:03 PM

There are individuals utilizing Bitcoin as money, so it didn't fizzle. In any case, it is anything but a lead and every individual can utilize Bitcoin as it better fits their necessities. Possibly it looks peculiar that individuals utilize a money as speculation choice since we see our customary monetary standards losing value each new day, being unbeneficial to hold, else we would have fiat as a saw venture as well and not exclusively to pay for our necessities.
indopool

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:25:01 PM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

Bitcoin is a digital currency, which has many advantages and advantages. But Bitcoin is more popularly used as a future investment whose value continues to rise, for now Bitcoin is used as a place to store assets, as well as investment, it is still rare for people to use Bitcoin as currency, because investing in bitcoin is very tempting.
BryanRoseWalker

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:33:23 PM

I think not, because bitcoin is used for online transactions and bitcoin prices are unstable, but if bitcoin becomes stable it may be possible that bitcoin will be currency, but for now, there is no possibility that bitcoin will be used as currency.
There are people who use Bitcoin as currency, so it does not fail. But that is not a rule and everyone can use Bitcoin because it is better suited to their needs. It may seem strange that people use currency as an investment option
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 05:56:46 PM

Why can bitcoin squeeze gold? First of all, it is worth turning to history. Why did gold become so expensive? One of the reasons is that mankind uses gold for jewelry and some industrial applications, which keeps its deficit. Its extraction was complex and in the Middle Ages, at the time of its formation as a security resource, and to this day it remains a rather labor-intensive process.
gaxfrwpy

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:50:39 PM

I don't think bitcoin will be a great success as a currency. Bitcoin does not replace all the functions of money. In most countries, it does not get the support of the government. I think the encrypted world should expand the community so that bitcoin will be more valuable.
Alex_He

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:18:37 PM

Indeed, now a very visible that bitcoin is used for investment. It can not be denied if bitcoin is more visible as an investment asset than is seen as a means of payment. This is because bitcoins are limited due to state policies that prohibit bitcoin as a means of payment so bitcoin can not function as a means of payment maximally. Bitcoin only performs its function as a means of payment in a country that gives legal status to bitcoin. In a country still banning bitcoin, bitcoin is used secretly. So in my opinion, bitcoin has not been declared a failure as a means of payment when bitcoin is still used as a means of payment.
Harah

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:09:17 PM

Maybe bitcoin is failed as currency because it is difficult to control the behavior of the diversified set of market participants who are playing around in the global cryptocurrency marketplace.And because currency is a convenient and trustworthy medium of exchange and a storage medium for value.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:40:39 AM

Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

I think bitcoin has a bright future. Maybe this time few of people use bitcoin as a currency but we know that this is a long term. I believed a lot of establishment will accept bitcoin as a currency like payment for brand new car. Some mall also and foodchain  will accept digital currencies.

#Support Vanig
spacedis

Activity: 100
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:59:05 AM

I don’t think it failed as a currency. People use it daily to trade and you can use it in certain applications to purchase something. So overall it has come a long way. It’s very voletile but it is also super new. So it will take a while for everybody to get used to it and to accept it.

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
ROBINSON83
Copper Member

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:10:30 AM

Bitcoin still won't considered as fizzled considering the way that it is additionally at the beginning period of overcoming the world. Despite the fact that its fundamental reason presently is to be a venture and not a money, it is as yet supportive to the general population and that is a decent point. A few nations advance bitcoin now, and its a decent begin. Sit tight for it.
fastestrider

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:36:13 PM

I don’t think it failed as a currency. People use it daily to trade and you can use it in certain applications to purchase something. So overall it has come a long way. It’s very voletile but it is also super new. So it will take a while for everybody to get used to it and to accept it.
But they actually trade them as an investment not like a currency right, because the function of a currency is about paying everthing in your life with Bitcoin or cryptos , not using them to buy other cryptos.
MedicineVNT

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:39:38 PM

bitcoin is not a national currency as we are currently circulating, but in the future bitcoin may become a popular trading tool or exchange that we hope to will achieve such goals
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 04:42:23 PM

bitcoin is not a national currency as we are currently circulating, but in the future bitcoin may become a popular trading tool or exchange that we hope to will achieve such goals
bitcoin is not a national currency but I think bitcoin exceeds that, but bitcoin is a decentralized universal currency with which we manage it without restriction

Iconic Love

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2018, 04:58:03 PM

I agree that bitcoin is passing a bad time now.but Cant say clearly that bitcoin is failed as a currency.As because bitcoin lauched before like more than ten years it is well known to people and it has huge effect on crypto society and a lot of advantages.Almost a year ago one bitcoin was was a very big amount of Money and people liked bitcoin now for less demand bitcoin has reached in five thousand usd.But still the best crypto currency  and untill people are using bitcoin as paymenyt.So it is using as a ccurrency and still its struggling.
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:06:53 PM

Maybe your right, some of investor buy more in dump and pump the price, the real value of bitcoin is not seen or show because of many investor use it for investment. the real value of bitcoin when one used it as currency in any transaction or payment.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:20:00 PM

It's so true actually. Bitcoin is a digital currency, but people hardly use that as a currency. Most people who buy bitcoin, use them as a long or short term investment. Only really a few people use bitcoin to transact, buy things and such. Maybe that's also because not many place accept bitcoin as payment, so we don't have lots of choice to use our bitcoin, and because of that bitcoin become investment instead.
Well maybe if it continues like this, bitcoin will be known as digital investment instead of currency. But if bitcoin is accepted more and more and we can really use it to transact and buy things, we can surely use the purpose of bitcoin as currency, not only investment anymore.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:23:24 PM

Bitcoin can be both a currency and asset. It can Infact be anything you want it to be. It is a programmable money not PayPal.
I buy stuff with Bitcoin when I need to.  You wouldn't want to starve to death waiting for  Bitcoin to increase in value in order to buy some food, would you?
I still buy stuff when Bitcoin increases in value and when it doesn't. Makes no big difference.
cryptocurrenciesboom

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:14:52 PM

Bitcoin can be both a currency and asset. It can Infact be anything you want it to be. It is a programmable money not PayPal.
I buy stuff with Bitcoin when I need to.  You wouldn't want to starve to death waiting for  Bitcoin to increase in value in order to buy some food, would you?
I still buy stuff when Bitcoin increases in value and when it doesn't. Makes no big difference.
Let's say amicably that the first part can be agreed, although here one can argue that if bitcoin is an asset, then why waste it in vain, using it as a monetary means.
But for the first time I see a person who so actively claims that he is spending funds in the form of bitcoin as a means of payment. Can you give any proof, it would be nice to see the checks and the corresponding transactions for them for the last six months?

buttonmc

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:21:57 PM

I agree that for now it is hard to call bitcoin as a currency, because it is not fully that payment method, but also I want to point out that bitcoin is developing and regulated functions are provided too.
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

I agree that for now it is hard to call bitcoin as a currency, because it is not fully that payment method, but also I want to point out that bitcoin is developing and regulated functions are provided too.
they are working on it as of now to test if this may work well this is may possible to work on that if they may take this bitcoin to be leaglly as a currency well a good news for us isnt.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: