Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:04:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner  (Read 16287 times)
senatemaiden

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:26:21 PM

That's the catch, Bitmain releases a miner without anyone knowing it's worth to get it for ~$2700 or not, ROI possible or not. At least the best part is it's not going to be bricked like controversial X3 or E3, they already partnered with Bytom for this ASIC, it is risky, as no one even knows their algo, no calc, it's a gamble, Bytom worth a billion dollar cap, and they just released their main net, that's the only positive I see
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:38:53 PM

New Email from Bitmain regarding the B3, guess you or your sources were right about this. In code to save space, scroll to view. Links inside the original email aren't important, one links to bytom.io and the other links to the Bitmain English shop page. There's currently no calculators available, and I'm posting from a mobile device so I can't quickly make an estimate of how much these would make at current diff and prices.

Code:
Dear subscriber,

We are proud and happy to announce that we are launching the all-new Antminer B3, a new Antminer model for mining Bytom, at 11AM (25 April, GMT+8).

The Antminer B3 can deliver a hashrate of 780H/s while consuming 360W of power.

Click here to learn more or to place your order after the scheduled time of launch. Correct price will appear after the scheduled time of launch.

We wish you all a happy mining experience.

Regards,

The Bitmain team

This is probably the least energy miner they have released since the S1/S3. Should run pretty quiet and might be good for bedroom or living room mining.

I can see a customer base for this for those reasons alone.

ramroom

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:53:18 PM

I can't find one single mining calculator out there for bytom. So this must be just pure gamble. Either buy this miner and believe the ROI is going to be amazing, or it turns out shit and fall flat on your face.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:02:04 PM

New Email from Bitmain regarding the B3, guess you or your sources were right about this. In code to save space, scroll to view. Links inside the original email aren't important, one links to bytom.io and the other links to the Bitmain English shop page. There's currently no calculators available, and I'm posting from a mobile device so I can't quickly make an estimate of how much these would make at current diff and prices.

Code:
Dear subscriber,

We are proud and happy to announce that we are launching the all-new Antminer B3, a new Antminer model for mining Bytom, at 11AM (25 April, GMT+8).

The Antminer B3 can deliver a hashrate of 780H/s while consuming 360W of power.

Click here to learn more or to place your order after the scheduled time of launch. Correct price will appear after the scheduled time of launch.

We wish you all a happy mining experience.

Regards,

The Bitmain team

This is probably the least energy miner they have released since the S1/S3. Should run pretty quiet and might be good for bedroom or living room mining.

I can see a customer base for this for those reasons alone.
Still no pics or detailed technical specifications yet, we'll find yet tomorrow if this is indeed the case. If they use their existing design with D3s, L3+s etc these might just use the regular 'ol loud industrial fans Bitmain puts on everything, but they shouldn't need to with such low power consumption. Who knows, perhaps they just have so many high CFM 12038 fans that it's more economical to slap those on miners than acquiring quieter fans.

As for a profitability calculator, here's a quick update. I searched earlier today and I came up with this page. Unfortunately the site displays 'coming soon' as a placeholder where the calculator is, so we'll need to manually calculate profitability. The problem is I don't see any sites that provide difficulty information.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 09:07:26 PM

Hmmm... Bitmain building a network of AI chip miners.
Bitmain = Skynet? (Terminator movies)
 Cheesy

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:19:30 PM

Its like any bitmain news causes mass hysteria on here now.  A miner that is only being sold in China for a coin most people know nothing about and people are already talking shit about ROI and not buying the coin.  Their announcement from a year ago says very clearly:  "POW Algorithm that is friendly to AI ASIC chips."   They are actually trying to make standard ASICs obsolete and instead use hardware designed for machine learning.
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:28:16 PM

Its like any bitmain news causes mass hysteria on here now.  A miner that is only being sold in China for a coin most people know nothing about and people are already talking shit about ROI and not buying the coin.  Their announcement from a year ago says very clearly:  "POW Algorithm that is friendly to AI ASIC chips."   They are actually trying to make standard ASICs obsolete and instead use hardware designed for machine learning.
The thing is, though, that the B3 is not being only sold in China as the entire email they sent to me was in English and the link to the Bitmain shop in the email lead to the English site. Bitmain's development of Sophon most likely also helped them develop the B3 as its PoW algo is based off of tensor computing. Part of the hype surrounding the B3 miners is probably attributed to the fact that the algo this coin uses is different from any algo Bitmain's developed.

An estimation of ROI can be important if you're trying to decide whether or not to buy the B3 and it should be if you're buying any miner at all. It's natural in any miner announcement thread that people ask about ROI time. Investing in the coins is fine, but this thread isn't primarily about speculation in prices or buying coins.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:31:48 PM

The thing is, though, that the B3 is not being only sold in China as the entire email they sent to me was in English and the link to the Bitmain shop in the email lead to the English site. Bitmain's development of Sophon most likely also helped them develop the B3 as its PoW algo is based off of tensor computing. Part of the hype surrounding the B3 miners is probably attributed to the fact that the algo this coin uses is different from any algo Bitmain's developed.

An estimation of ROI can be important if you're trying to decide whether or not to buy the B3 and it should be if you're buying any miner at all. It's natural in any miner announcement thread that people ask about ROI time. Investing in the coins is fine, but this thread isn't primarily about speculation in prices or buying coins.

I get that, but this thread is already full of "fak bitmain" comments.  The fact is the mainnet just went live today, almost everyone is having trouble connecting to it.  So who knows what the hashrate or difficulty will be. Block time: 150 seconds (2.5 minutes), Block reward: 412.5 BTM  Mined coins will represent 33% of the sum of all coins and reward halves every 4 years.  If you do the math, that's 237,600 coins a day.  For simplicity sake lets just say that 10,000 of these bitmain miners make up the whole network, that's $24 a day.  There has been a testnet running this whole time though, so I'm sure the people who have cared enough to participate have a good understanding of the value (or lack of) of this miner. One thing is for sure if you want to mine this coin, you either pay Bitmain a few thousand dollars, or you can spend 10x that much on an Nvidia Deep Learning machine.  This coin will not be mined by the average joe.    And this is one of those situations where it pays (literally) to keep up to date on everything crypto.

I agree that if someone is considering buying a miner that they should have all of the facts.  It just gets old that there is a subset that act like the sky is falling every time an asic is announced, especially when its for a coin they weren't even mining to begin with!

Also, one more thing.  We have to take OP's post with a grain of salt.  How does he know how many were produced and what the price is.  The email states: "Correct price will appear after the scheduled time of launch."
gauldicus

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 11:14:13 PM

Just buy a shitload of this coin like i just did,  I guarantee this will explode in price like all other coins from asics have.
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:17:55 AM

I get that, but this thread is already full of "fak bitmain" comments.  The fact is the mainnet just went live today, almost everyone is having trouble connecting to it.  So who knows what the hashrate or difficulty will be. Block time: 150 seconds (2.5 minutes), Block reward: 412.5 BTM  Mined coins will represent 33% of the sum of all coins and reward halves every 4 years.  If you do the math, that's 237,600 coins a day.  For simplicity sake lets just say that 10,000 of these bitmain miners make up the whole network, that's $24 a day.  There has been a testnet running this whole time though, so I'm sure the people who have cared enough to participate have a good understanding of the value (or lack of) of this miner. One thing is for sure if you want to mine this coin, you either pay Bitmain a few thousand dollars, or you can spend 10x that much on an Nvidia Deep Learning machine.  This coin will not be mined by the average joe.    And this is one of those situations where it pays (literally) to keep up to date on everything crypto.

I agree that if someone is considering buying a miner that they should have all of the facts.  It just gets old that there is a subset that act like the sky is falling every time an asic is announced, especially when its for a coin they weren't even mining to begin with!

Also, one more thing.  We have to take OP's post with a grain of salt.  How does he know how many were produced and what the price is.  The email states: "Correct price will appear after the scheduled time of launch."
Perhaps OP has some sort of inside connection where he's getting information, who knows. I don't recall seeing information about batch numbers for any Bitmain miner ever. He got the B3 part right at the very least, and we'll find out tomorrow if at least parts of his post were correct.

As for people going nuts over new miners being announced, I guess it's just something that hangs with us as new miners for new algos pop up all over the place. I don't enjoy it either, and moderation in this part of the forums is subpar to say the least.

We don't even know when these things ship. Could be another E3 scenario with shipping starting months from now, which might just make this another Bitmain gamble. At the very least one good thing is that it seems people aren't just buying into miners because "money printing machine" and doing zero research anymore. Seems like the trend somewhat started with the E3 or perhaps even the A3, and hopefully people realise this algo is going to be different than others previously mined by conventional miners like you said previously.
r01k

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 12:23:55 AM

Without ROI estimates this is a flip of a coin (actually many). The algo sounds interesting and the fact that Bitmain partnered with the developers to have a miner ready from the getgo. On the other hand, as someone mentioned earlier it can be seen as Bitmain impusing a coin and then a miner just for it, the perfect business.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 01:48:26 AM

Just buy a shitload of this coin like i just did,  I guarantee this will explode in price like all other coins from asics have.
this didn’t happen with sia
MrJaekin

Activity: 275
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:49:34 AM

10 minutes to go... who's buyin?   Smiley
mellonballer

Activity: 33
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 02:58:08 AM

I'd buy one. Just one though.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:16:51 AM

I'd buy one. Just one though.
pass
munchies859

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:38:44 AM

I just bought one.  We'll see how this goes.  I at least got to use my $420 coupon, so it was only a bit over $2k all said and done.  This all depends on how many they are going to sell.  Considering they limited it to 1 per person, hopefully not a ton.  If the 2,500 rumor is true, then that means around $100 per day with the current price.  If that was bullshit and they sell 10 times that, then it's like $10 a day.  Knowing my luck they'll sell a ton of them and the price of the coin will crash though.  One positive though is that the coin isn't going to fork, which is going to be a risk with a lot of new models that get released in the coming months.

Edit:  They just sold out, so at least that is promising.
Tssar

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 03:44:52 AM

just bought one too ....used my 350USD coupon. Lets see the outcome in 3 weeks, I will keep you posted.
apparently it is already sold out.
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:16:10 AM

I just bought one.  We'll see how this goes.  I at least got to use my $420 coupon, so it was only a bit over $2k all said and done.  This all depends on how many they are going to sell.  Considering they limited it to 1 per person, hopefully not a ton.  If the 2,500 rumor is true, then that means around $100 per day with the current price.  If that was bullshit and they sell 10 times that, then it's like $10 a day.  Knowing my luck they'll sell a ton of them and the price of the coin will crash though.  One positive though is that the coin isn't going to fork, which is going to be a risk with a lot of new models that get released in the coming months.

Edit:  They just sold out, so at least that is promising.

I think you bring up the most important point.  How many will Bitmain sell in batch 2, 3 & 4.  With the A3 (batch 1 was $2375, batch 2&3 = $930, batch 4 = $520) They dropped the batch 2 price by more than half for a 40 day later delivery.  

Think I am gonna wait for a batch 2 or 3 on this one.  It is tempting, but I know that they will follow with more b3 miners. Many more and probably at half the price.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:24:59 AM

Edit:  They just sold out, so at least that is promising.

I think you bring up the most important point.  How many will Bitmain sell in batch 2, 3 & 4.  With the A3 (batch 1 was $2375, batch 2&3 = $930, batch 4 = $520) They dropped the batch 2 price by more than half for a 40 day later delivery.  

Think I am gonna wait for a batch 2 or 3 on this one.  It is tempting, but I know that they will follow with more b3 miners. Many more and probably at half the price.

Nope they are back up as of 11:24pm 4/24/18 CST USA

i'd not touch these myself..but then again they will probably make billions on this and the protocol as they have with BCH etc..what do I know Sad

edit: IMHO by JUNE 30th, 2018 ..they will be going for ...wait for it....$855 lol Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
munchies859

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 04:27:47 AM

Edit:  They just sold out, so at least that is promising.

I think you bring up the most important point.  How many will Bitmain sell in batch 2, 3 & 4.  With the A3 (batch 1 was $2375, batch 2&3 = $930, batch 4 = $520) They dropped the batch 2 price by more than half for a 40 day later delivery.   

Think I am gonna wait for a batch 2 or 3 on this one.  It is tempting, but I know that they will follow with more b3 miners. Many more and probably at half the price.

Those 40 days were the most profitable days in Sia mining though.  Looking at how that went, it seems like a good deal in retrospect.  I recall people were making like $100 a day, although part of that was the block time adjustment Sia did at the same time.  Also, while only Bitmain knows for sure, many think the only reason they came out with the A3 at all was to beat Obelisk (which is run by the same people as Sia) to the market and sink a new competitor before they ever really got started.  After the Sia devs said they wouldn't fork, Bitmain took off the 1 per person limited and flooded the market.  With Bytom though, they are partners rather than competitors, so they may have more of a reason to play nice.  Or not, who knows.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: