Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:29:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner  (Read 16287 times)
Maxwell34

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:12:29 PM

Located USA, in PA, paid duty fee and went to pick up at DHL location. They told me it need another day after payment to deliver. cant post image because of my newbie status!  Still working on setting up, thinking of Supernova pool

Dang. I'm in Harrisburg and didn't get mine Sad
I'm in Harrisburg area too!!!! Grin

Small world! Pick it up from the Derry Street hub? I live about three miles from there.
Yes , from Derry st. I'm in Enola.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RobbMines

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 09:15:30 PM

Located USA, in PA, paid duty fee and went to pick up at DHL location. They told me it need another day after payment to deliver. cant post image because of my newbie status!  Still working on setting up, thinking of Supernova pool

Dang. I'm in Harrisburg and didn't get mine Sad
I'm in Harrisburg area too!!!! Grin

Small world! Pick it up from the Derry Street hub? I live about three miles from there.
Yes , from Derry st. I'm in Enola.

I work in Enola! Was typing my reply as I crossed the 81 bridge 😂
stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:41:52 PM

So Batch 1 hasn't been shipped yet but Batch 2 is on sale for $865 less than what B1 people paid 7 days ago, best way to screw early adopters.

$865???
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:52:46 PM

So bitmain is getting one more coin under its total control that they can pump and dump while seling to people their old gear...I thought that people had enough with getting in bed with bitmain controled coins like bitcoin cash,cant they see that its only being used as official pump and dump china coin Undecided
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:56:50 PM

So Batch 1 hasn't been shipped yet but Batch 2 is on sale for $865 less than what B1 people paid 7 days ago, best way to screw early adopters.

$865???

Yep and chinese buys are apparently getting ~600 refund cause their first batch customers arent happy. This information is not confirmed but if its true the international first batch buyers should open new tickets to complain too. They did refunds on the x3 so they can do it.

stugots2

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:16:40 PM

they did that when the X3 was like a million dollars tho lol
keywordsbadge

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:28:33 PM

Need to learn about the other things as well as I have been considering them all false.
munchies859

Merit: 3

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:51:34 PM

Ugh, ordered batch 1 with DHL to the US and it hasn't shipped yet.  Hopefully it goes out overnight tonight while it's the workday in China.
RobbMines

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:53:15 PM

One more hour until Bitmain opens up for the day and starts damage control.
r01k

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:59:39 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 01:04:46 AM by r01k

Unless you just heard about Bitmain last week and/or this is your first miner, don't complain. A miner that has absolutely no ROI estimates is obviously a gamble and if you buy it, your are gambling. Even it Bitmain gives batch 3 away tomorrow, no one put a gun to your head to make you buy the first batch.

Yes, Bitmain's interest is to make money (not for you BTW), but cast the first rock he who's not here for money.
ReadyPlayer1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:00:08 AM

I just wrote a scathing complaint.

WTF?! You don't treat early adopters like this!!

I will NEVER go out on a limb like this again in the future. F*ck Bitmain  Angry
ReadyPlayer1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:03:36 AM

Unless you just heard about Bitmain last week and/or this is your first miner, don't complain. A miner that has absolutely no ROI estimates is obviously a gamble and if you buy it, your are gambling. Even it Bitmain gives batch 3 away tomorrow, no one put a gun a to your head to make you buy the first batch.

Yes, Bitmain's interest is to make money (not for you BTW), but cast the first rock he who's not here for money.

Bitmain is more than welcome to do what they want - but they just lost a bunch of customers who will not buy early products now. So, bad business is like karma. It always comes back to bite you in the ass.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 12:10:31 AM

Unless you just heard about Bitmain last week and/or this is your first miner, don't complain. A miner that has absolutely no ROI estimates is obviously a gamble and if you buy it, your are gambling. Even it Bitmain gives batch 3 away tomorrow, no one put a gun a to your head to make you buy the first batch.

Bitmain is more than welcome to do what they want - but they just lost a bunch of customers who will not buy early products now. So, bad business is like karma. It always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Actually it never does, not for Bitmain anyway. They've done this many times and still every time they release a new batch they have more suckers lining up than an Apple store.
ReadyPlayer1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:12:16 AM

Actually it never does, not for Bitmain anyway. They've done this many times and still every time they release a new batch they have more suckers lining up than an Apple store.

Do you actually know this or you just speculating? Unless you have access to their sales data then....
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:01:24 AM

Do you actually know this or you just speculating? Unless you have access to their sales data then....

Go back in the thread a bit...for L3+ scrypt pow miners...it is rinse/wash/repeat...yeah they do these games a lot!

bet in a couple weeks the price of these are down to $855 or so...(bitmain, it is how they roll) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
r01k

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:03:35 AM

Historical evidence shows it. People buy for FOMO and later complain when they got their behind squeezed by the door.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 01:55:23 AM

You don't need sales data to see that they do this over and over and over and people keep buying.

They also have a near-monopoly with very little competition, so there's that too.
chasedg1

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:15:07 AM

I will NEVER go out on a limb like this again in the future. F*ck Bitmain  Angry

It's absolutely amazing that you people bitch so much about Bitmain. I bought 2 in the first batch and another today in the second batch because I believe that a company that made $4 billion last year knows what the hell they are doing. What if they know that this machine will net $200 a day for the first 7 days? That means that you made more money than the 2nd batch could literally ever make. Ever. People, chill out for a few days and let things air out. You might be surprised at how well Bitmain will treat it's early adopters. Also, keep in mind that this is Bitmain's baby.. this isn't a pump and dump, this is THEIR coin, THEIR technology. 
RobbMines

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:53:09 AM
Merited by suchmoon (2)

It's absolutely amazing that you people bitch so much about Bitmain. I bought 2 in the first batch and another today in the second batch because I believe that a company that made $4 billion last year knows what the hell they are doing. What if they know that this machine will net $200 a day for the first 7 days? That means that you made more money than the 2nd batch could literally ever make. Ever. People, chill out for a few days and let things air out. You might be surprised at how well Bitmain will treat it's early adopters. Also, keep in mind that this is Bitmain's baby.. this isn't a pump and dump, this is THEIR coin, THEIR technology.  

Then they should be treating the image of it better.

I spoke with Bitmain support and they indicated that they are still doing "research" on how to compensate overseas. Looks like we will not be getting a symmetrical compensation to mainland China.

Please make sure you email sales.support@bitmain.com and open a ticket at http://support.bitmain.com (do both) to make your voices heard. Without complaints, we will be brushed aside.
mellonballer

Activity: 33
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:53:08 AM
Merited by Searing (5)

I bought one B3 from Batch 1 paid for with BCH and DHL shipping. I have not gotten a notice that is has shipped yet and my account still says unshipped (paid, valid though) so I am hoping to get the notification email soon. I ordered within the first 5 minutes that it became available on the site, and the only reason it took me 5 minutes was because the site was nonfunctional.

I can confirm what was said earlier in this thread that there is a bytom developer who confirmed the total number of units in batch 1 is 5000. 2500 units for Chinese customers on the Chinese section of the Bitmain site, and another 2500 for everyone else in the world. 5000 units total. I can also confirm that the bytom developer stated he thought GPU's will be highly effective at mining the coin, with the only advantage the B3 has is that it is slightly more efficient because it uses less power.

Since the number of units in batch 1 is the only unknown variable up until that point, its pretty easy to run the roi numbers, which are very, very disappointing.  If you are able to get $40 a day for the first few days consider yourself lucky, because that profit will happen only because of the time it will take people to get them in the mail depending on where in the batch they ordered and how long it takes them to figure out which pool to mine to.

The discord chat with the confirmation from the bytom developer is still up for anyone to verify at their leisure.

Another interesting piece of information the developer decided to let out is that someone has written a GPU miner program, and that there is a private GPU only pool that the bytom devs are assisting with.

Oh and another fun fact I havent seen posted to this thread, but that is confirmed by the bytom dev is that 2/3 of all bytom coins were premined, and the top two wallet addresses on the bytom blockchain in terms of owners of the most coins belong to the bytom founders, make of that whatever you will, the blockchain is public information. The 66% ownership of all the bytom is distributed already to the top 5 wallets, the top two belonging to the bytom devs. I do not know for sure, but it stands to reason at least one of the other top 5 wallet addresses belong to bitmain.

What I cannot confirm, but am becoming increasingly convinced of is that bitmain shipped the Chinese B3 orders first, and that only Chinese customers will get coupons, especially reading back through this thread and reading the "only in China" type remarks/ warnings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: