Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner  (Read 16286 times)
Kavela

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:00:49 PM

Just received an email from bitmain
Refund of $578 for batch 1 buyers
Sent out in BCH(ew) within 2 months

where and what you write to bitmain. Need to message them as well. Please repsond
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shellyfinest

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:02:29 PM

It seems Bitmain has made it a habit to perfectly price discriminate amongst their customers. Something economists dream about at night. It is unfair that the second batch has released so soon with such a major reduction of price; destroying the price premium paid by first batch buyers. I do think it'll ultimately be worth it still to be in batch 1 but the risk is high and reward is at most break even.

I sent them a quick email and they replied the following:

"Dear xxxxxxxx,

With regards to the decrease in the price of our B3 miner, we are presently working on a compensation package for the affected customers. There will be an email sent out to you in the next few days with the details and relevant terms and conditions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Valerie‍
Bitmain"

It seems that they understand their position and are working on a resolution. If more people email them, they will hopefully understand that there are many people dissatisfied. If only a few complaints get through, they may just brush it off or give out a $50-100 coupon that most people won't end up using.

I'm in the US, and I submitted a complaint ticket and I got this exact same email reply word for word, hoping they provide a refund or a decent coupon (like $600), we'll see...

bitmain send me DHL number 3hrs ago,but it is only PSU  Grin Grin Grin

Same here, got this email with Shipping info, so I got excited until I saw only the PSU is shipping right now (also DHL, paid confirmation from USD wire on April 26), still waiting on confirmation that my 1st B3 is shipping ...
RobbMines

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

I would much rather have the coupon issued immediately rather than BCH later.
Mo20
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:56:08 PM

I still don't understand why wait for 1-2 months? These guys are idiots or at least act like one. The idea of crypto currency is that it can be transferred within seconds with no wait or middle man. They gave themselves 1-2 months waiting period for BCH to hit $5000 and then issue refunds. This way my refund is worth %20 less than what it's supposed to in BCH terms. I payed with BCH at the current rate; issue me a refund at the current rate, Easy and simple.
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:09:37 PM

I still don't understand why wait for 1-2 months? These guys are idiots or at least act like one. The idea of crypto currency is that it can be transferred within seconds with no wait or middle man. They gave themselves 1-2 months waiting period for BCH to hit $5000 and then issue refunds. This way my refund is worth %20 less than what it's supposed to in BCH terms. I payed with BCH at the current rate; issue me a refund at the current rate, Easy and simple.
They started the financial industry, did not they?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
BCH will be hardfork mid may,i think price is up. They are borrowed profits. It is a way to make money without selling ASIC. Wink Wink Wink
chasedg1

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

I see this a buy signal for BCH. They are one of the largest holders of BCH in the world. They're getting interest free financing and making money from appreciation. Genius. Too bad it screws the little guy.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:17:45 PM

To those with the B3 already in hand, what are the noise levels like? I assume they’re right around S9/T9 models’ noise levels but I’ve yet to see anyone post about this. I started wondering about this since the specs for the B3 were officially posted as I theorized there wasn’t a need for such a powerful fan with the low power consumption of the B3.
Mo20
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:47:44 PM

To those with the B3 already in hand, what are the noise levels like? I assume they’re right around S9/T9 models’ noise levels but I’ve yet to see anyone post about this. I started wondering about this since the specs for the B3 were officially posted as I theorized there wasn’t a need for such a powerful fan with the low power consumption of the B3.

I'm assuming it will be the same because they use the same fans for all of their miners unless the fan ran at lower speeds.

Would love to hear what others say.
staineddreserved7

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:09:56 PM

Bytom has a chain of mining and tokens and I don’t understand why they have to ask for money.
denis1995

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:29:37 PM

64 mimers at http://uupool.cn/btm with 35khs
sattychrome

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:50:09 PM

Does Anyone got the B3? Can anyone share the pool url and the "stratum://...." to connect? I don't see any pool available yet.

"http://uupool.cn/btm" seems to be chinese and it asking for cell phone to register which wont work for US cell phone number.

Miner is arriving tommorrow and I have no idea where to mine.

Thanks in advance..

leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:27:58 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2018, 01:40:49 AM by leowonderful

Antpool just released its Bytom pool, linked here. Should work better than that aforementioned CN pool requiring a CN number to mine. Only showing two active workers right now interestingly enough, but at least Bitmain delivered in time for miners to start hashing. If anyone can confirm the Bytom pool successfully works on Antpool, please post back. Saw this on Reddit a few minutes ago, not sure if it actually works for mining.

EDIT1: Not working as of now, Bitmain hasn't officially started the pool yet. See two posts below for details.
sattychrome

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:39:10 AM

Antpool just released its Bytom pool, linked here. Should work better than that aforementioned CN pool requiring a CN number to mine. Only showing two active workers right now interestingly enough, but at least Bitmain delivered in time for miners to start hashing. If anyone can confirm the Bytom pool successfully works on Antpool, please post back. Saw this on Reddit a few minutes ago, not sure if it actually works for mining.

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I have to login to see the pool information

Server
stratum-btm.antpool.com:6666
stratum-btm.antpool.com:443
stratum-btm.antpool.com:25

If I don't login, I see only the Announcement "Notice:  Antpool Will Support BTM Mining Soon!"

Thanks Again!!!
sattychrome

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:02:16 AM

Server

If I don't login, I see only the Announcement "Notice:  Antpool Will Support BTM Mining Soon!"

Thanks Again!!!

Update: when I try to add a BTM wallet address in Antpool it says "BTM No support for the time being"
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:42:25 AM

Server

If I don't login, I see only the Announcement "Notice:  Antpool Will Support BTM Mining Soon!"

Thanks Again!!!

Update: when I try to add a BTM wallet address in Antpool it says "BTM No support for the time being"
Alright, thanks for letting me know. From what I can tell most people here are going to receive their miners tomorrow on the 4th of May, so I assume Bitmain, Viabtc and co. will most likely start officially opening their pools around then. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any news about pools until then.
munchies859

Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:27:58 AM

Anyone one else from batch 1 still waiting for shipping confirmation?  It seems like people are getting them tomorrow and mine hasn't even left the warehouse yet...
RobbMines

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:38:10 AM

Anyone one else from batch 1 still waiting for shipping confirmation?  It seems like people are getting them tomorrow and mine hasn't even left the warehouse yet...

Check your payment confirmation date. For some reason, Bitmain has mine as being made almost three days after I received payment confirmation!

munchies859

Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:42:39 AM

Check your payment confirmation date. For some reason, Bitmain has mine as being made almost three days after I received payment confirmation!

Just checked, and mine is the same way, three days later, even thought I got the email right away.  Are you still waiting for your order to ship as well?  Idk if this is an issue or if it's just some glitch that happens to everyone.
RobbMines

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:55:53 AM

Anyone one else from batch 1 still waiting for shipping confirmation?  It seems like people are getting them tomorrow and mine hasn't even left the warehouse yet...

Just checked, and mine is the same way, three days later, even thought I got the email right away.  Are you still waiting for your order to ship as well?  Idk if this is an issue or if it's just some glitch that happens to everyone.

Yes, still waiting for mine to ship.

I opened a ticket because my order shows that it was paid three days after I got email confirmation that my LTC had cleared. They said that sometimes, the status change from "Awaiting Payment" to "Paid" is a manual process and basically told me to pound sand until it ships because they are in a different city than the warehouse and can't do anything. But there are other people on Discord who say that they ordered on 4/27 and paid at 1pm (4/28 confirmation payment for China's time) and their order will be delivered tomorrow.
RobbMines

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:03:02 AM

Holy Crap!  I sent in a refund request from reading about it on here and got the canned response, ok fine.  But, I just noticed that my order has been retroactively changed to show an $1875 purchase price down from $2453.  Looks like some refunds are on the way.  Pretty cool!

Just checked and mine is like this too
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: