Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:35:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner  (Read 16286 times)
nongkrong

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:49:40 AM

Grabbed one a few hours before they sold out.  My only worry is that it's for one coin and one coin only.  So long as that coin doesn't flop, I imagine ROI won't be tough with such a low power consumption.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
munchies859

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:15:34 AM

Hi guys, so far my B3 can only mining less than 18 BTM Per day.
It's definately not match with what bitmain sales told us before.
Even the 1050 ti GPU miner has the same hash rate, but the GPU miner price is much lower than B3.
These information was unrevealed during the sales.
B3 customers in China complain about this issue and try to negotiate with the management of bitmain to see if we can have an additional refund.
Let's fight together,  submit your complaints at bitmain website, thanks

Do you have any evidence that a 1050 ti GPU has the same hashrate as a B3?  Because that is completely different than what everyone else is reporting.  Also, hashrate isn't the only thing that matters here.  People on the discord were reporting that equal hashrate on GPUs yield a lot less BTM, meaning they have lots of rejected shares.  Someone reported that their $4,500 GPU rig was making half of what one B3 makes while using a lot more power.  Also, Bitmain didn't make any promises on what returns people would make.  They never do that for any miner.  Sure, it sucks we aren't making $100 a day like some people expected, but Bitmain never made that promise.  Even as it is, these miners are making more per day than most miners out there, including every Bitmain miner besides the X3.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:48:09 AM

Even the 1050 ti GPU miner has the same hash rate, but the GPU miner price is much lower than B3.
B3 customers in China complain about this issue and try to negotiate with the management of bitmain to see if we can have an additional refund.

Hold your btm, dont sell it cheap, ROI more likely if you hold and sell after pump.

bitcoinmoresh

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:56:31 AM

re: payments

2018-05-21 00:15:27

Dear users,

According to the latest notice, most exchange platforms will disable BTM ERC20 wallet address (beginning with 0x), and to ensure the security of user’s earnings, Antpool now ask all users to set BTM mainnet address (beginning with bm) in Settings to avoid losses. The emergency solution is as follows:

1. Clear all user’s ERC 20 wallet addresses in the Settings.

2. Cancel all the pending payments with ERC 20 wallet addresses and resend them later.

3. Please kindly set BTM mainnet wallet address asap, if you need to withdraw BTM.

4. Actually we already began to make BTM payouts on May 18th. It is just that there were some issues with our BTM wallet, so that the progress of the payments would be very slow. Our engineers are urgently dealing with this issue, and it is expected that BTM daily payment will be back to normal on May 28th. If you haven’t received your daily payment before that, please just wait patiently.

Note: If users configure wrong wallet address, their earnings will be lost and can’t be recovered!
anten369

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:36:11 AM

which exchange supports the BTM mainet wallet?
sam_cd

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:35:36 AM

Do you have any evidence that a 1050 ti GPU has the same hashrate as a B3?  Because that is completely different than what everyone else is reporting.  Also, hashrate isn't the only thing that matters here.  People on the discord were reporting that equal hashrate on GPUs yield a lot less BTM, meaning they have lots of rejected shares.  Someone reported that their $4,500 GPU rig was making half of what one B3 makes while using a lot more power.  Also, Bitmain didn't make any promises on what returns people would make.  They never do that for any miner.  Sure, it sucks we aren't making $100 a day like some people expected, but Bitmain never made that promise.  Even as it is, these miners are making more per day than most miners out there, including every Bitmain miner besides the X3.

My point is B3 as an ASIC miner is supposed to be more efficient than GPU miner and that's what bitmain told us before.
But now 6 cards 1050 ti GPU miner can mine same amount of BTM as B3 does. Isn't that like a scam?
If we keep silent every time,  bitmain will cheat their customers again and again

you can see the evidences below, it's hash rate of GPU mining

https://imgur.com/cgRbDHm
https://imgur.com/X6UTFpD
https://imgur.com/Xs1VRSB

boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:38:06 AM

You know, I know you’re right. There’s very likely some overtaxed component on the DCDC chain that needs the airflow regardless of how cool the chips are.

I will probably end up frying these guys.

But from a PCB/Chip temp perspective, I am 100% confident that there’s enough static pressure with two of these quiet fans. I’ve been running a decent QTY of Sophon SC-1 cards since February of this year, and have had no problems running the chips up to 80C while pushing a constant data stream through the API.

From the tear downs posted on other threads, we know these miners are indeed powered by the exact same BM1680 as the SC1s. So Im just working from that frame of reference.

An SC1 running a full and sustained workload will pull about 85W on the 12V rail of our servers.
A B3 is 12 BM1680 chips. We know they’re not clocking in at 1020W, so the TPU ASICs are likely not running full clip.

They’re likely low corner ASICs with too many dead cores to run in a Sophon product.
There’s also no external DDR in this configuration. So there’s a few watts shaved off there.

Given that bitmain usually has a habit of running about 80-135W per PCIe connector, it sure looks like they were expecting it push about 600-750W. The heat sink is a beefy structure. They also used thermal pads between the hashboards (making contact with both). This is a first for Bitmain if I’m not mistaken.

All signs point to a device that either didn’t reach its potential after development, or one that has a LOT of headroom to grow as a more functions and op codes are added to the BYTOM (or other Tensority) blockchains.

Hi,
i was several times looking at Bitmains SC-1 cards, could you explain a bit about what you use them for? Are they ok to mine as well? Price?
I'am really interested to learn more about these, so every information you can provide would be appreciated.
henrylitee

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:45:32 AM

i'm looking for this as well, anyone?
boxalex

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:46:11 AM

My point is B3 as an ASIC miner is supposed to be more efficient than GPU miner and that's what bitmain told us before.
But now 6 cards 1050 ti GPU miner can mine same amount of BTM as B3 does. Isn't that like a scam?
If we keep silent every time,  bitmain will cheat their customers again and again

It was said allready that it's not only about hashrate but how many accepted shares you have/get.
If you tell us how many accepted shares you get in 10 minutes or 60 minutes we can compare it. Just on hashrate it's not possible as nobody gets paid based on hahrate but on completed shares.
Kaisa104

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:37:20 AM

Does anyone have it now? With an approximate price of about $ 2,000 USD, shipping costs from China and $ 120 USD daily earnings and electricity usage costs, are they worth it?

$120 was a month ago, now is $12/day
idk, hopefully my B3 still make some profit in 2 months
sam_cd

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:06:44 AM

https://imgur.com/cgRbDHm
https://imgur.com/X6UTFpD
https://imgur.com/Xs1VRSB

It was said allready that it's not only about hashrate but how many accepted shares you have/get.
If you tell us how many accepted shares you get in 10 minutes or 60 minutes we can compare it. Just on hashrate it's not possible as nobody gets paid based on hahrate but on completed shares.

Sorry, I didn't mining BTM by GPU miner,  but someone who mining the BTM by GPU miner not only has similar hashrate  but alos has the similar paid.
I will try to mine BTM by GPU, once my graphic card is ready, I will tell you the result

https://imgur.com/a/3aPRjTA

If you do think B3 is worthy, please feel free to contact me ,  I am willing to sell it
Mo20
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:12:35 AM

I downloaded V1.01 of bytom wallet early May and have had BTM sent to this wallet from antpool but it is in status paying. I can't find my wallet address on the explorer. What will happen to these coins? Are V1.01  addresses invalid?

I’m in the same situation as you using 1.02 with an account created using 1.0 on the MainNet.
My TX status has been in “paying”, for the full balance since I’ve started mining, and my wallet does not appear on the explorer. Wallet starts with bm1 just like all of the wallets associated with transactions on the explorer. The only thing I can hope, is that the “address” won’t appear on the blockchain, and thus the explorer, until a transaction has actually been created.

I got what I think is my BTM account PubKey from the “accounts” tab, after pressing “View detail” and scrolling down to “Addresses”. I used the address corresponding to the label “0”.

I think we all did the same.
If this doesn’t end up being the actual process to create a valid address, and all of this BTM ends up being sent into oblivion, that would be the end of Bytom. As I’m sure hundreds of users have done exactly the same as us.

I think its more likely that Bitmain just hasn’t sent a single MainNet payment yet.

I received my first payment from Antpool today. They support BTM wallet address only (starts with BM) according to their support. I can see the payment in my wallet but I can't see my address on the blockchain which makes me think that Bytomscan.io is not working properly.
rjpminer

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:05:40 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 11:53:51 AM by rjpminer

FYI - Finally received several payments of BTM from Antpool today.  Looks like they finally have things working Smiley

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:07:33 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 04:44:33 PM by greyday

Anyone else not able to connect to antpool after the update? All my payments have been marked "paying" for a couple days now, I'm patient there, but since yesterday afternoon the pool is reporting I am not connected, while the B3 has been happily mining away at 1mh the whole time, reporting no errors...

EDIT: solved, perhaps. One of two things was required:

rebooting the miner a second time after the second update
deleting the password line (I had previous left the default "123" and had no problem, or one of the upgrades had added it, I honestly don't remember)

So if anyone else encounters this problem, I suggest multiple reboots and making sure the upgrades didn't change your settings in any way and/or your password field is accurate or blank. I do wish I had done one at a time so I would know which was the problem, and would play around to figure it out but I lost 15 hours of mining so I'm not touching a damn thing. Wink
boxalex

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:42:52 AM

Anyone else not able to connect to antpool after the update? All my payments have been marked "paying" for a couple days now, I'm patient there, but since yesterday afternoon the pool is reporting I am not connected, while the B3 has been happily mining away at 1mh the whole time, reporting no errors...

Nope, everything fine with logging in, connecting, just the outstanding payments, but me personally is not worried about it. It will mostly take a 1 - 2 weeks and everything will be fixed with Bytom, Antpool, the exchanges, wallets, explorer. Nothing i'am concerned about in such good project Bitmain staying behind it.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:16:43 PM

For you folks who replaced your fans, be aware that with the new firmware that increases hash-rate, the chip temperature will also increase.  Might wanna keep any eye to ensure you're getting adequate cooling.

Can confirm utilization increases in my end were less than 75W on two B3s @240V.
(Using one AWP for two miners)

SP120 LEDs still doing the job at 52C in a 25C room.

Wat was the total watts used per miner?

363 watts right now. Was at 338 before the update.
Keep in mind I’ve completed a fan swap. Those stock fans pull about 1.6-1.8A each.
The consumer grade fans only pull .25A. So I’m cutting a bit off the wall there.

Something to think about. From a regulatory standpoint, Bitmain can only really increase power consumption +-10% before running into compliance issues. Especially without warning consumers about an increase outside of the known envelope. The “changelog” for these updates were vague at best.

Wat fans are those and wat rpm do they spin at?? U are saying the stock fans used 160-180watts? That cant be right...

Well, at least now we dont have to worry about GPU at all even if their rates improve I would think Smiley

Stock fans are 1.8A@12V. Everything in those miners is 12V. So about 20-25W per fan.

Switched to Corsair SP120 LEDs@.25A (12V  Grin) and just a hair over 2000RPM.

Oh ya. It is 12 volts haha
2000rpm isnt smart. The current fans can go above 5000+ rpm easy. U dont want them under cooled and risk damage.

You know, I know you’re right. There’s very likely some overtaxed component on the DCDC chain that needs the airflow regardless of how cool the chips are.

But from a PCB/Chip temp perspective, I am 100% confident that there’s enough static pressure with two of these quiet fans. I’ve been running a decent QTY of Sophon SC-1 cards since February of this year, and have had no problems running the chips up to 80C while pushing a constant data stream through the API.

From the tear downs posted on other threads, we know these miners are indeed powered by the exact same BM1680 as the SC1s. So Im just working from that frame of reference.

An SC1 running a full and sustained workload will pull about 85W on the 12V rail of our servers.
A B3 is 12 BM1680 chips. We know they’re not clocking in at 1020W, so the TPU ASICs are likely not running full clip.

They’re likely low corner ASICs with too many dead cores to run in a Sophon product.
There’s also no external DDR in this configuration. So there’s a few watts shaved off there.

Given that bitmain usually has a habit of running about 80-135W per PCIe connector, it sure looks like they were expecting it push about 600-750W. The heat sink is a beefy structure. They also used thermal pads between the hashboards (making contact with both). This is a first for Bitmain if I’m not mistaken.

All signs point to a device that either didn’t reach its potential after development, or one that has a LOT of headroom to grow as a more functions and op codes are added to the BYTOM (or other Tensority) blockchains.

If the power consumption goes up when that happens, and I haven’t fried my miners by then, I’ll swap the stock fans back in.
Maybe it won’t be 114F in my garage when that happens.   Cheesy

lol seems u know alot. Hmmm i dunno if 80 degrees is the frying point because while the S9 can take 80 degrees, the L3+ would be a toasted toaster at that temp. Well, hopefully u are right. If I were u, I would still get one of those quieting boxes and use the original fans. Considering the cost of these miners, I wouldnt risk it. Anyways, thats just me.

Just my 2 cents.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:23:48 PM

re: payments

2018-05-21 00:15:27

Dear users,

According to the latest notice, most exchange platforms will disable BTM ERC20 wallet address (beginning with 0x), and to ensure the security of user’s earnings, Antpool now ask all users to set BTM mainnet address (beginning with bm) in Settings to avoid losses. The emergency solution is as follows:

1. Clear all user’s ERC 20 wallet addresses in the Settings.

2. Cancel all the pending payments with ERC 20 wallet addresses and resend them later.

3. Please kindly set BTM mainnet wallet address asap, if you need to withdraw BTM.

4. Actually we already began to make BTM payouts on May 18th. It is just that there were some issues with our BTM wallet, so that the progress of the payments would be very slow. Our engineers are urgently dealing with this issue, and it is expected that BTM daily payment will be back to normal on May 28th. If you haven’t received your daily payment before that, please just wait patiently.

Note: If users configure wrong wallet address, their earnings will be lost and can’t be recovered!

How to cancel all payments with erc20 address? We cannot cancel pending payments? They have to do it?

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Ma907xB

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:41:43 PM

i'm looking for this as well, anyone?

did we get an answer on this?
Ma907xB

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:43:47 PM

Grabbed one a few hours before they sold out.  My only worry is that it's for one coin and one coin only.  So long as that coin doesn't flop, I imagine ROI won't be tough with such a low power consumption.

did they go back on sale today?

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:02:52 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 06:48:31 PM by 9600

Hi,
i was several times looking at Bitmains SC-1 cards, could you explain a bit about what you use them for? Are they ok to mine as well? Price?
I'am really interested to learn more about these, so every information you can provide would be appreciated.

We have a few products for the medical and security industries that use Cafe and Tensor pre-trained CNNs. (Convolutional Neural Networks)
The SOPHON Cards outperform NVIDIA GPUs by an exponential factor on certain workloads.

Think OpenCV using GoogleNet, AlexNet, GenderNet, AgeNet, in an automated threat detection application. Or using pixel differentiation to locate tumors and cancerous growths in X-Rays, MRIs, and CTs. They also have a few unique blocks that enable other types of hardware acceleration.
Sophon cards really reduce the amount of guided training necessary and subsequently lowers the time to completion for our pipeline.

Regarding mining, we were able to produce a solver based on Tensority, but never fully developed that into a miner.
Really never seemed like there was a compelling reason to do so.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: