Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:21:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to be cute when bitcoin shatters and gets destroyed  (Read 9156 times)
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:02:09 PM

Overview for the impatient:

• website links all broken
  • no client available for download
  • vague tech with no verification due to closed-source
  • aggressive, childish boosters attempting to build buzz
  • stupid name

Sounds great, where do I send my money?  Grin

Rebuttal for the simple minded:

1. wa wa wa
2. If you are in the beta program than you can download a beta client
3. I guess you will have to wait til launch
4. Shill thank you
5. You are ugly and smell funny

@nanonano delays delays delays... shit was supposed to be launched by now BUT the dev has changed the guts at least twice in as many months. Things are starting to come together though so hopefully some of your concerns will be touched on. (assuming you actually give two shits)

Now I can't find who was asking ut the system requirements to 'mine' with eMunie is as low as a raspberry fucking pi.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nanonano

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:04:05 PM

You don't need to invest any money, have an old desktop computer that you use? Laptop? Just run the client and make some coin. End of the day if it turns out it's a horrendous scam/fail, didn't lose much besides some electricity.
Sorry, but no thanks. There are enough warning signs here that I'm not running a binary like that without setting up a VM... and that would be much more work than I could see myself putting into this. All the power to you if you make a fortune out of it, but my common sense is saying "keep your distance".
JohnyBigs (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:08:54 PM

You don't need to invest any money, have an old desktop computer that you use? Laptop? Just run the client and make some coin. End of the day if it turns out it's a horrendous scam/fail, didn't lose much besides some electricity.
Sorry, but no thanks. There are enough warning signs here that I'm not running a binary like that without setting up a VM... and that would be much more work than I could see myself putting into this. All the power to you if you make a fortune out of it, but my common sense is saying "keep your distance".

I run it on a desktop that does nothing besides going to run emunie. You don't need to run it on a computer where you have personal stuff or important stuff. I understand what you are saying but that's not common sense. Missing out on a crypto currency that might be the future over something silly as setting up a VM or running on a computer with no important information?

wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:10:43 PM

• stupid name

Real overview for the impatient:

None of the above points matter because

1. Client is more important than a website for un-released software
2. Client is still in development
3. Tech talk is vague because its been an evolution, I invited anyone to ask questions only a week ago, no one bothered
4. You think these guys are aggressive?  Wait until I get started with the real campaign
5. Opinions matter, most vary, some count, yours doesn't.

You are riding a train that is coming to the end of the line....yes I know there have been claims of grandeur before and most don't deliver.  I do...ALWAYS,   Whether you use eMunie or not is up to you, but please don't insult me by judging the pie before you've tasted it.

Release the whitepaper, codebase, and client to the public, then we'll see if eMunie delivers as promised. Until then you're just another preacher working the congregation. Can I get a Hallelujah?
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 09:13:43 PM

Whitepaper is incoming, client is more important than a paper right now.  Client will be publicly released in Jan.

As or the code, Ive explained my reason behind this many times, but I'll make it simple

You go give away a year of your life, and $80,000 with little promise of return and you've got a deal!

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
JohnyBigs (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:15:54 PM

• stupid name

3. Tech talk is vague because its been an evolution, I invited anyone to ask questions only a week ago, no one bothered
4. You think these guys are aggressive?  Wait until I get started with the real campaign

You are riding a train that is coming to the end of the line....yes I know there have been claims of grandeur before and most don't deliver.  I do...ALWAYS,   Whether you use eMunie or not is up to you, but please don't insult me by judging the pie before you've tasted it.

Release the whitepaper, codebase, and client to the public, then we'll see if eMunie delivers as promised. Until then you're just another preacher working the congregation. Can I get a Hallelujah?

BRO WTFFFF ARE YOU EVEN ON?Huh Release something that isn't ready? WTFFF?? Can't even comprehend what goes on in your mind.
wormbog

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:17:41 PM

• stupid name

BRO WTFFFF ARE YOU EVEN ON?Huh Release something that isn't ready? WTFFF?? Can't even comprehend what goes on in your mind.

Here's an insider secret for you: software is never "ready".
nanonano

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:19:35 PM

I run it on a desktop that does nothing besides going to run emunie. You don't need to run it on a computer where you have personal stuff or important stuff. I understand what you are saying but that's not common sense. Missing out on a crypto currency that might be the future over something silly as setting up a VM or running on a computer with no important information?
I think I was pretty clear: With the evidence at hand I consider the possibility of emunie being the future of crypto currencies so unlikely that it's not worth much work or risk. Much like I don't worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, even though doing that _might_ save me from damnation if it turns out Pastafarianism truly was the one true religion.

When the details are out I'll take another look. Until then, good luck to you (and may His Noodly Appendages bless you)
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 09:22:16 PM

I think I was pretty clear: With the evidence at hand I consider the possibility of emunie being the future of crypto currencies so unlikely that it's not worth much work or risk. Much like I don't worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster, even though doing that _might_ save me from damnation if it turns out Pastafarianism truly was the one true religion.

When the details are out I'll take another look. Until then, good luck to you (and may His Noodly Appendages bless you)

But are you making the mistake of assuming the only demographic worth serving is the BitCoinTalk demographic like many others?

You are entitled to your opinion and at least unlike many you aren't being overly insulting, just keep an open mind, that is all I ask, I think you'll be surprised when the time comes.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

• stupid name

No, but you can get a RAmen. I will come find you when that list can be satisfied.

@nanonano the great starch in the sky has vanquished all lesser gods except for Cthulu... good time to get on his good side.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
wormbog

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:38:20 PM

Whitepaper is incoming, client is more important than a paper right now.  Client will be publicly released in Jan.

As or the code, Ive explained my reason behind this many times, but I'll make it simple

You go give away a year of your life, and $80,000 with little promise of return and you've got a deal!

Bitcoin could not have succeeded if it wasn't open source. With no central authority to lend credibility and accountability, a peer-to-peer system has to be completely open or there will always be doubt about flaws, backdoors, etc. It has to be tested from every possible angle, attacked from every side. Only then will people trust it enough to invest.

Maybe eMunie will change the world, I don't know. I'm just saying, you've got to put your work out there and let the tech community rip it apart and find the weaknesses before you start generating hype. Be like Satoshi and keep development quiet while you work out the kinks.

Lastly: the amount of time and money you've personally invested is only important to you. What you deliver is important, everything else is irrelevant. So quit tweaking the code and show us what you've got. If it's good enough for beta, it's ready for some peer review.
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 09:44:10 PM

So quit tweaking the code and show us what you've got. If it's good enough for beta, it's ready for some peer review.

Could you remind me when it was that I signed a contract with you where I have to obey orders?

I'll release it when I'm damned good and ready, when *I* feel it is ready for a peer review, not when you, any eMunie supporter, or my mother demand that I do!

If that is in 2/3/4 years time then fine, it'll be how it needs to be, operate how it needs to be.

I constantly forget about all the amazing things that people around here have developed and are in global adoption stage warranting the rest of us to mere minion status.....

Radix - DLT x.0

wormbog

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:54:55 PM

So quit tweaking the code and show us what you've got. If it's good enough for beta, it's ready for some peer review.

Could you remind me when it was that I signed a contract with you where I have to obey orders?

I'll release it when I'm damned good and ready, when *I* feel it is ready for a peer review, not when you, any eMunie supporter, or my mother demand that I do!

If that is in 2/3/4 years time then fine, it'll be how it needs to be, operate how it needs to be.

I constantly forget about all the amazing things that people around here have developed and are in global adoption stage warranting the rest of us to mere minion status.....

Do as you please, I wish you the best of luck. I'll have to settle for making fun of Crabbe and Goyle.
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:16:31 PM

Ripple lols no, I'll give you the name so you can keep a look out for it on the alt currency thread, or even stop by to the site.

eMunie, you can join the people and get involved at forum.emunie.com

So, It's closed source. The white paper was already "coming soon" in June. Explanations of how e.g. distribution or verifier trust works on the forum are both complex and hand-wavy at the same time. Some examples of that:
[Trust calculation] Currently works on transaction volume & emu volume with an average transaction processing performance over time. Ping ponging transactions between controlled clients/hatchers is detected by Stochastic and Markov models that are using in AI application to spot seeming random patterns
new eMu is created in the system due to a direct demand signal from the system. That demand signal is generated by the p2p exchange when someone wants to acquire eMu but there are not enough sellers available within a determined spread (~10%) of the current system buy price to honor the deal. At this point the system will create new supply and spread that around the system as per the system rules (hatching earnings)

Now, I'm sure you can find similarly vague posts about bitcoin on this forum. The difference is that intelligent people did not get enthusiastic about Bitcoin because of those messages, but because of A) Satoshis easy to understand yet complete whitepaper and possibly B) by looking at the source code.

So I'm curious, how exactly did you decide emunie is the real deal?

He decided that after buying lots of them: http://forum.emunie.com/index.php/topic/420-ann-emunie-pre-launch-sale-details-information-draft/
And probably got a beta invite to premine some too.  Grin

closed source (for all we know it could be a fancy wallet stealer or full of security holes), selling coins upfront & trying to create a big buzz -> smells like a scam

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Visin

Activity: 436

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:22:21 PM

For the amount of delays we have had, you would think we would have just released after the first week, and just used bitcoins code right? I mean if we really want to scam, why waste our time delaying the release date and perfecting stuff when we would just take your money and run for the door?

People either do not understand economics very well, or they are extremely scared these days, not sure which....

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:31:20 PM

For the amount of delays we have had, you would think we would have just released after the first week, and just used bitcoins code right? I mean if we really want to scam, why waste our time delaying the release date and perfecting stuff when we would just take your money and run for the door?

People either do not understand economics very well, or they are extremely scared these days, not sure which....

Or come from a 3rd world country with extreme mal nutrition under-developed brains to even think anything logical.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:32:42 PM

Ripple lols no, I'll give you the name so you can keep a look out for it on the alt currency thread, or even stop by to the site.

eMunie, you can join the people and get involved at forum.emunie.com

So, It's closed source. The white paper was already "coming soon" in June. Explanations of how e.g. distribution or verifier trust works on the forum are both complex and hand-wavy at the same time. Some examples of that:
[Trust calculation] Currently works on transaction volume & emu volume with an average transaction processing performance over time. Ping ponging transactions between controlled clients/hatchers is detected by Stochastic and Markov models that are using in AI application to spot seeming random patterns
new eMu is created in the system due to a direct demand signal from the system. That demand signal is generated by the p2p exchange when someone wants to acquire eMu but there are not enough sellers available within a determined spread (~10%) of the current system buy price to honor the deal. At this point the system will create new supply and spread that around the system as per the system rules (hatching earnings)

Now, I'm sure you can find similarly vague posts about bitcoin on this forum. The difference is that intelligent people did not get enthusiastic about Bitcoin because of those messages, but because of A) Satoshis easy to understand yet complete whitepaper and possibly B) by looking at the source code.

So I'm curious, how exactly did you decide emunie is the real deal?

He decided that after buying lots of them: http://forum.emunie.com/index.php/topic/420-ann-emunie-pre-launch-sale-details-information-draft/
And probably got a beta invite to premine some too.  Grin

closed source (for all we know it could be a fancy wallet stealer or full of security holes), selling coins upfront & trying to create a big buzz -> smells like a scam

Yeah lets hang around here for 6 months, and create something totally new just to scam you guys...seriously...if the goal was to scam I could of done that back in May with all the Alt Coin surge.

I guess instead of using common logic its just much easier to point fingers and form wild accusations.

You know what pisses me off the most....someone, me, is actually TRYING to create something different, doesn't matter if it succeeds or not, yet all people like you do is come out with pitchforks and burning me at the stake when really all it take is a bit of respect and a show of "I wont be participating, but good luck and points for trying!".

Is that so hard?  And while we are at it what have you ever done other than wank over a picture of your ego along with the rest of them here?

Radix - DLT x.0

christop

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:48:57 PM

Yeah lets hang around here for 6 months, and create something totally new just to scam you guys...seriously...if the goal was to scam I could of done that back in May with all the Alt Coin surge.

I guess instead of using common logic its just much easier to point fingers and form wild accusations.
The burden of proof (that your software is not just a scam) is on you. Your assurances that it's not a scam can in no way be considered proof. Perhaps the simplest way to prove it is to release the source code (which must be buildable by those receiving it). If you can think of another way to prove it, go ahead. Until then, don't expect anyone on this forum to just blindly run your software.

Tips are always welcome: 17Z63hLi2ox4fCMhDqVJrLTJiXVcBMJpMo
Alpaca socks donations: 1sockzDWcF8mrC59CgiN7HAJm6xL7TiRW
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:53:48 PM

I'm not asking, nor expecting anyone to do that....the reasons for closed source have been explained and I'm sticking to them, and I have no issue regarding peoples opinions not to run it etc.

I just have issue with the hostility directed towards me and what I am doing for zero reason, if you don't want to run it, fine, but don't come accusing me of being a scammer/fraudster/incapable/insert insult here.

The moral phrase of "Treat others how you yourself would like to be treated" is just lost around here.

Radix - DLT x.0

devthedev
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:55:41 PM

Yeah, very cute.  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: