Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:32:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should BitBet refund snackman's 10 BTC? (and all other victims' losses)
Yes - 212 (74.6%)
No - 72 (25.4%)
Total Voters: 284

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBet Stole ~$7,000 from me (10 BTC)  (Read 58144 times)
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:15:14 PM

In addition to the suggestions in this thread; under each bet on bitbet, there is an unmoderated discussion page where you can talk about this issue with other bitbettors.

This is working admirably well. I think MP likes you even.

bitbet won't last too long unless they change that rules and return the coins. They have a chance to get out of this gracefully.

mp might be saying it's all fine and dandy but it's not.

BitBet will be here long after you're long gone. It's just the way these things work.

Are you directly involved with the site?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:19:11 PM

My involvement is basically that there was a group of idiots derping in this thread and I joined the fray. Why?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 11:21:58 PM

BitBet will be here long after you're long gone. It's just the way these things work.

I wouldn't be so sure. Taking into consideration that the site is a .com it falls under US law, even though it is registered to a costa rican guy. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be so hard to take it down legally.

Domain Name: BITBET.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-09-21 16:51:49
Creation Date: 2012-11-21 14:24:56
Registrar Expiration Date: 2015-11-21 14:24:56
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Rafael Chaves
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: Plaza Itskatzu
Registrant Street: Local  210
Registrant City: Escazu
Registrant State/Province: San Jose
Registrant Postal Code: 00000
Registrant Country: Costa Rica
Admin Name: Rafael Chaves
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: Plaza Itskatzu
Admin Street: Local  210
Admin City: Escazu
Admin State/Province: San Jose
Admin Postal Code: 00000
Admin Country: Costa Rica
Admin Phone: +0.50622288967
Admin Fax:
Admin Email: eldorado007@gmail.com
Tech Name: Rafael Chaves
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: Plaza Itskatzu
Tech Street: Local  210
Tech City: Escazu
Tech State/Province: San Jose
Tech Postal Code: 00000
Tech Country: Costa Rica
Tech Phone: +0.50622288967
Tech Fax:
Tech Email: eldorado007@gmail.com
Name Server: PDNS1.ULTRADNS.NET
Name Server: PDNS4.ULTRADNS.ORG
Name Server: PDNS6.ULTRADNS.CO.UK
Name Server: PDNS2.ULTRADNS.NET
Name Server: PDNS5.ULTRADNS.INFO
Name Server: PDNS3.ULTRADNS.ORG

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
freethink2013

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:24:52 PM

In addition to the suggestions in this thread; under each bet on bitbet, there is an unmoderated discussion page where you can talk about this issue with other bitbettors.

This is working admirably well. I think MP likes you even.

bitbet won't last too long unless they change that rules and return the coins. They have a chance to get out of this gracefully.

mp might be saying it's all fine and dandy but it's not.

- MPOE-PR is the ONLY one in this thread suggesting that Bitbet is right in keeping the stolen money.
- MPOE-PR has some association with Bitbet, and this is likely the reason he is defending it.
- Bitbet has blatantly stolen $6,000 of BTC that does not belong to them.
- I would suggest finding out the details of who owns Bitbet and threatening a suit if they don't return the BTC.

Dude, seriously? He? Still? Lurk moar.

Thieves seldom prosper. You had to buy your trust. You have to rip people off at your betting site (don't say you're not connected) and your exchance is a ponzi, money laundering scheme. You literally can't do anything honestly.

Sue me. I could do with the discovery documents. A new age of bitcoin has come. People like you need to get out.  But you will be held accountable in the end. Scum
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

I wouldn't be so sure. Taking into consideration that the site is a .com it falls under US law, even though it is registered to a costa rican guy. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be so hard to take it down legally.

O Mighty Money Morpheus, please have mercy with your takings down legally.

Are you as cool as the guy in the Matrix? Very original, seriously. Your mommy must be so proud....

PS. Great signature. Here's a thought: dweebs growing bud on the quiet should not be on the internet talking about "taking shit down legally". You're lucky nobody with any actual RL presence is bored enough, you know?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
freethink2013

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:26:12 PM

My involvement is basically that there was a group of idiots derping in this thread and I joined the fray. Why?

Huge coincidence
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:33:16 PM

Thieves seldom prosper. You had to buy your trust. You have to rip people off at your betting site (don't say you're not connected) and your exchance is a ponzi, money laundering scheme. You literally can't do anything honestly.

Sue me. I could do with the discovery documents. A new age of bitcoin has come. People like you need to get out.  But you will be held accountable in the end. Scum

MP sez quote that shit so I do. Apparently he thinks you're very funny or something, I dunno.

MoneyMorpheus

Activity: 251

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 11:35:57 PM

O Mighty Money Morpheus, please have mercy with your takings down legally.

Are you as cool as the guy in the Matrix? Very original, seriously. Your mommy must be so proud....

I'm just refuting some of your statements with logic, no need to put yourself so defensive. I don't even live in the US. I'm just doing this because I feel bad for the OP, but other than talking here I won't do more.

The OP could also check Chaves background and see if he is paying his taxes on his earnings in his country and file a money laundering complain with the authorities in costa rica. And I can keep on thinking in ways that could end a betting site, since by the looks of it I'm pretty sure the owners haven't made all of their legal homework, specially if you are submitting users to illegal terms.

PD: Still if you are not representative of them you shouldn't be defending them so badly; and if you are you should contact them and make them think this threw to see what they feel is right

Best altcoin exchange: https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=241-35101
https://bter.com/signup/121418 | You may run into issues some time, but support will take care of you threw qq in chinese hours
1EGoA5LMV391Psf8ZHShTkTd3tQ6URKQEp
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:41:08 PM

It's spelled through you know.

freethink2013

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:43:27 PM

MP sez quote that shit so I do. Apparently he thinks you're very funny or something, I dunno.

1. Stop pretending you are a woman
2. Stop pretending you are MPOE's PR executive
3. Stop eating so much you fat bastard

-----------------------

I looked at bitbet and liked the idea but a site that would rather rip someone off for 6k rather than build a customer base is no site at all.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:48:00 PM

-----------------------

I looked at bitbet and liked the idea but a site that would rather rip someone off for 6k rather than build a customer base is no site at all.

Stop pretending you have a brain.

deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 11:52:05 PM

This is stealing and the behavior of the owners/operators is outrageous, in my opinion. That policy is completely unjustifiable and I hope nobody uses this site until it's changed.

What's the best way to organize a boycott / raise awareness?

If you want to raise awareness, just link to the BitBet FAQ, which is public, which you should have read before sending 10 btc anywhere.  

The inability to own one's actions on this forum is at absurd proportions.  read the rules of gaming websites before you place your bets.  is that so insane?

BitBet's policy is insane.

FYI: deadweasel is associated with BitBet (below quoted from BitBet IRC transcript).

23:07:25deadweasel:yes, learn to read the manual before inserting coin*.
23:07:42snackman:deadweasel it's a dumb way to set up the website
23:08:01deadweasel:you're a dummy for not reading the rules. it's clear. i read them, i won lots.

I'm as associated as you, a user.  Only i read the rules.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:03:02 AM

Please direct all further refund requests to BitBet's authorized refund handling agent, Mr. David Thorne, esq.

davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 12:05:37 AM

Please direct all further refund requests to BitBet's authorized refund handling agent, Mr. David Thorne, esq.

Oh fuck, I lol'd.

freethink2013

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:18:51 AM

-----------------------

Stop pretending you have a brain.

you're the bottom feeder here. fair enough there are lot of stupid people at this stage that a fat fuck like you can rip off. well done you are slightly more intelligent than an average moron.

the people i respect are the people can build a real, honest, profitable gambling site and exchange without the need to rip off and trick users.  You aren't capable of that. How does that feel?I know you pretend to not care and shroud it all in the users deserves what they get but KNOWING that you can't profit without ripping people off must at least cross your radar.

You're just a bottom feeder. A low level psychopath. Enjoy your 6 grand.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:51:19 AM

you're the bottom feeder here. fair enough there are lot of stupid people at this stage that a fat fuck like you can rip off. well done you are slightly more intelligent than an average moron.

the people i respect are the people can build a real, honest, profitable gambling site and exchange without the need to rip off and trick users.  You aren't capable of that. How does that feel?I know you pretend to not care and shroud it all in the users deserves what they get but KNOWING that you can't profit without ripping people off must at least cross your radar.

You're just a bottom feeder. A low level psychopath. Enjoy your 6 grand.

Dude, lay off already. The rule is there because without it, scummy fucks just try to rip off the people that actually bet and undertake the risks by swooping in at the last minute.

The lulzy thing is, of course, that even WITH the rule scummy fucks try to rip off the people that actually bet and take the risks, by swooping in at the last minute. The only difference is that it doesn't work, and sometimes it doesn't work in such spectacular fireworky manner that the butthurt can be heard from outer space.

Except there's no sympathy for the hurt butt of a wanna-be rip-off that failed at it and got hurt. You know?

axus

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:04:02 AM

I'm a little confused here, didn't he bet before the bet closed?  How does a transaction delay retroactively affect the time he placed his bet?

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:06:29 AM

If you want bitbet to end; make a better competitor. otherwise deal with it

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
snackman (OP)

Activity: 260

snack of all trades

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:05:26 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 07:22:41 AM by snackman

I'm as associated as you, a user.  Only i read the rules.
BitBet IRC chat logs, 1/5/2013:
14:13:24 deadweasel: when you come in here ignorant, and MP laws down the fucking law, and you don't like or don't agree, it's hard on the old self-importance gland.
14:13:24 Scrat: no homo?
14:13:26 ThickAsThieves: it's evident constantly
14:13:29 deadweasel: no doubt ThickAsThieves
14:13:33 deadweasel: no
14:13:33 mircea_popescu: no homo
I'd argue that your regular presence in the BitBet IRC for 10 months or more associates you more than the average user.

I'm glad there is also the 1% fee on refunds now (though I still think it should be much more).
BitBet IRC chat logs, 1/11/2013:
02:49:58 pankkake: everything is a scam
pankkake is also a regular in the BitBet IRC,

Oh fuck, I lol'd.
BitBet IRC chat logs, 4/26/2013:
16:16:26 davout: my intelligence is limited, but i do have enough to see when taking a step back is needed
as is davout.

I'm a little confused here, didn't he bet before the bet closed?  How does a transaction delay retroactively affect the time he placed his bet?
I'm also confused by this. Double spending is not a concern, with proper precaution (see this reddit thread). Rudimentary game theory makes it abundantly clear that I wasn't attempting to double spend a losing bet.

The rule is there because without it, scummy fucks just try to rip off the people that actually bet and undertake the risks by swooping in at the last minute.

The lulzy thing is, of course, that even WITH the rule scummy fucks try to rip off the people that actually bet and take the risks, by swooping in at the last minute. The only difference is that it doesn't work, and sometimes it doesn't work in such spectacular fireworky manner that the butthurt can be heard from outer space.

Except there's no sympathy for the hurt butt of a wanna-be rip-off that failed at it and got hurt. You know?
Your insinuation that I am a "scummy fuck" for betting on an available bet rings more than a bit hollow when you have my 10 BTC in your wallet. If you would like to make last-minute bets impossible on your site, institute a rule like Bets of Bitcoin: refund all bets made within some number of hours before bet closing.

Don't bait users into betting, steal their bet, and then call them "scummy fucks".

You should return the coins to all affected users and change your ridiculous policy.

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 07:25:06 AM

I'd argue that your regular presence in the BitBet IRC for 10 months or more associates you more than the average user.

It isn't BitBet IRC, it is #bitcoin-assets. The BitBet people just hang out there...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: