Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:14:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ?  (Read 1869 times)
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:27:55 AM

It will and I would invest in government crypto currencies because we all know that is 100% legit and more valuable because all people in their country will use that digital currencies so it may go to moon immediately.

You don't invest in governmental crypto currencies, unless they are set up by scummy governments like the one of Venezuela. In most cases governmental crypto currencies won't be anything other than an extension of their rotten fiat system. In other words, by holding fiat, which all of us do, we directly would hold an equivalent of that in crypto units. I however wouldn't consider it to be 100% legit, because this system isn't meant to work in your favor.

Permission based crypto currencies are a plague and even more of a threat to your financial freedom than the current fiat system itself is right now. Yes, it's convenient and allows you to enjoy more flashy features, but what's all that worth when your freedom has been degraded to the absolute bottom? That what you consider to be legit right now, will put people even more in a cage like they are a bunch of animals that their owner (the government) controls. I'm sure you'll change your way of thinking when governments instantly deduct your balance with whatever percentage to fill up their own debts. Don't think you'll like your fresh haircut then. Wink
Somewhere Bitcoin face a little bit problems and challenges and that place is related to the government of a country that can act towards Bitcoin to both sides. If government hit Bitcoin then it can go towards legality and illegality of that country.

It is up to government take the valuable coin negative or positive because same as we use fiat currency for both negative and positive use. So this was the fact and another is about self promotion that is to create own digital currency and promote country but that would take a long time for them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

The Governments have started to explore the bitcoin and block chain technology which means that there are possibilities for the Government to set up their own crypto currency with the help of programmers can create a  centralized crypto currency due to high demand for crypto currency and crypto graphy network. Ecuadorian Government have their own crypto currency the Government then stops the use of main crypto currency inorder for the price of the Governments crypto currency to have more demand in the country.

hessanseen

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:58:27 AM

The government can create an encrypted currency, which will allow many people in the country to buy this encrypted currency. Now many countries are doing this, and I think this is helpful to the encrypted world, at least a lot of countries have begun to pay attention to bitcoin.
Lady Ong

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:59:59 AM

Since any group of people can create token and invite some investors to come in, then if the government itself will enter the cryptocurrency then there will we a large competition between altcoin as well. But I don't like it since it will come next to fiat again, imagine government will accept crpto as payment but not BTC or ETH but their coin only, it is like same as paper money again.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:05:02 AM

already created by venezuella and it will be a road map for the other countries, lots of country also support blockchain tchnologies like malta, bermuda etc. and easily we can say, for the future,lots of country will create their cryptoassets.
adamlillian

Activity: 459

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
This is possible because stocks also have government bond issuers. They compete fairly and I love this.
When the government joins the Crypto market, it means that we are protected by law. No more scams from ICO projects. I highly expect this to happen.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:56:18 AM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
I think this is best belongs in politics and society discussions.

Anyway here we are, anyone can create cryptocurrency but the people who will be back on it and the other factors that is needed to build a good foundation not only in the project but its true itself what the team members are exactly doing on it. Government will sure create it or another organization that government may use to invest. Nonetheless, i will not going to invest in any governments currency when fiat wasn't that useful enough.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
avirdoz
Legendary

Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:59:11 AM

I think this is inevitable, when big countries like USA or Russia will start issuing their own cryptocurrency. Now they are engaged in monitoring and collecting information.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:03:54 PM

I think with the amount of resources a country could provide then i definitely think that they can create a crytpo currency and back it up to boot. If you're going to ask me to support it then it would depend on its performance. I woukd treat it like any other coin even if it's from my country.

Friskaadew

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:30:06 PM

I think it may and may be a government to make its own crypton coin. Precisely this is one of progress if until a country and its government make coin for its citizens.

But it seems I'm less interested in investing.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:03:08 PM

Some countries have already issued their own cryptocurrency like Venezuela and the others are also preparing to launch their virtual coins soon. Venezuela is trying to find a viable solution to their economic woes so they crafted their own government-issued cryptocurrency to help their economy. In the future, cryptocurrencies may become a major source of funds to some governments that has no enough funds to use.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:19:07 PM

if crypto will stand in future,that means that every governemt will have own crypto currency,because they will not let their econimics to be driven by bitcoin or ethereum,
Imagine having crypto with governments, there might be more chances to see all government transactions, allocation of a fund will be much easier and clear if only they will use it to have a more precise record.

Few government are considering to create their own coin and only make this coin as a legal in their country so that they can make and track each and everything and also provides a revenue source in terms of tax when they make profit and thus also help to get rid of all other currency available which they may not be able to control as such.
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:24:46 PM

If your opinion is very good, like a bank note, each country has its own currency and the price of each currency depends on the economy. But if so, perhaps the currencies of the underdeveloped countries will hold no one.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Vinalians

Activity: 819
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:22:09 PM

If they made their own cryptocurrency they also accept the bitcoin in the country in any country and also if one government made cryptocurrency for sure the other country will do it that would be great and i will invest their for sure.
minnerETN

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:28:41 PM

just like the cash of the nations. just like the euro and RUB. So each country has to create its own electronic currency. I see this is a very normal thing, so Bitcoin will be able to gradually more countries accept
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:29:43 PM

Government's cryptocurrency is likely to be backed by some state owned asset if it ever comes in existence. Government owned cryptocurrency is likely to be controlled by the government thus killing the ultimate feature of decentralization. Investing in a controlled cryptocurrency would be a stupid mistake. We mainly invest in cryptos to gain decent ROI. But if the price is going to be controlled by someone, then what is the fun of investing. Government backed cryptocurrencies will be more like online fiat currency not like Bitcoin or altcoins.
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:32:12 PM

I heard recently that the IRAQ government is creating an electronic currency. Its name may be IQD. I think this is a good thing and it will probably affect neighboring countries. Countries will create their own electronic money

piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:34:01 PM

If my government makes electronic money, I will use my entire property to buy all the coins. I would definitely only favor coins in my country
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:38:53 PM

If the government creates its own electronic money, everyone in that country will certainly invest in that country's electronic money. But it is possible that this kind of electronic money will be managed by the government and it will not grow fast

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
tranduc2101

Activity: 333

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:40:40 PM

If the government creates its own electronic money, everyone in that country will certainly invest in that country's electronic money. But it is possible that this kind of electronic money will be managed by the government and it will not grow fast

I agree with you that it is government-managed and can not grow as fast as Bitcoin and Altcoin. This is because the volume of transactions is very limited because only the people in that country invest and do not have any outside investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: