Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ?  (Read 1869 times)
jackky

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:42:56 PM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
There are too many new Altcoins per day, and when governments decide to create their own electronic money, there will be more new currencies on the exchanges. This will make investors think and choose. I think all governments should use Bitcoin as the only electronic money on the internet
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:43:24 PM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
Well for me I don't trust governments. They're all politicians and politicians are manipulative. They easily deceive so I'd be very skeptical about investing in a coin created by my government or any form of government
Master Third

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:46:36 PM

If our government will create a crypto currency and I have given a chance to put some of my money to invest to that project, yes, I will not hesitate. If the government will impose a tax from this that's ok for me, what is important is I have a chance to earn and at the same time I have also a chance to help my own country when it comes for the growth of economy. Having such experience is considered a success for me.
bizarro

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:47:04 PM

Heh, funny idea, I would invest or would not, it depends on which country governement would create one... mine country I would doubt
sulendra12

Activity: 2856
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:49:41 PM

Afaik in Japan, they made their own cryptocurrency (I don't know they are still developing this currency or not since it was 1 and a half year ago), government absolutely can make their own cryptocurrency but it could be ruined their economy and inflation might happen.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:19:21 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 07:33:40 PM by dynospytan

It is true that the government has a great opportunity to develop large projects by creating its own cryptocurrency, but there are many opportunities between success and non-success projects where there are many better reputable coins especially for Bitcoin and I'm sure most people prefer bitcoin because of their investment more real and no one can manage Bitcoin, I am somewhat surprised there are many people who do not want to be regulated? will the government be more stressed in terms of taxation that might incriminate people? I think there will be a rather disturbing rule outside of coin ownership, of course it would happen if the government created its own crypto and set it thoroughly..
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:39:44 PM

there is such a possibility. but I am investing in such a currency. because now I use bitcoin and other altcoins to trade soon. if the government controls the risk is reduced. so the profit is reduced. tax can take.
Hovhannes

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

MMOCoin-For-Gamers-&-Traders

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:42:35 PM

Yes, I will invest, and I think that this is the right decision, the government will become the guarantor of this cryptocurrency.

Kelaychi

Activity: 58

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:46:10 PM

I dont trust my government... But if its a government of countries like US, UK, Russia, China, I will invest my whole life savings.. LOL
Ultra_io

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:00:45 PM

everybody can create a crypto, that's the beauty of it, permission less networks...
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 05:07:11 PM

Creating a currency from govt. is not difficult task but difficulty is that how they will manage cryptocurrency because it is fully decentralized P2P network,
they can't have fully control over it.
So for creating an own crypto govt. need to regulate or improvement under blockchain technology so they can make centralized way inbetween decentralized currency.

agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:09:20 PM

I think the government could create their own cryptocurrency because everybody has a freedom to create their own digital coin. Before i will invest on their coin, i would like to see first if it will be successful and will have a good value to make sure that i will not get scam.
Jannatul Shefa

Activity: 312
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:32:31 PM

Now I don't find any possibility that government will create cryptocurrency. But in future it can be possible that government will create their own cryptocurrency. Let's see.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:05:23 PM

The Governments have started to explore the bitcoin and block chain technology which means that there are possibilities for the Government to set up their own crypto currency with the help of programmers can create a  centralized crypto currency due to high demand for crypto currency and crypto graphy network. Ecuadorian Government have their own crypto currency the Government then stops the use of main crypto currency inorder for the price of the Governments crypto currency to have more demand in the country.
What governments do not understand is that we do not use cryptocurrencies just so a government can create their own one and then try to force us to use it, one of the most important points of cryptocurrencies is to be a decentralized currency, a currency that is not controlled by anyone directly, so even if the government in my country created some cryptocurrency I will never use it, there is no point, they will just keep printing as much cryptocurrency as they want without a limit and even if they established a limit there is no guarantee that they're not going to change it in the future.
SnowyPerson

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:26:07 PM
Merited by Zarinagotyu1 (2)

Of course it's possible, I'm sure they are doing it right now. But is it worth it to invest in it. I do not believe that the state will create an uncontrolled currency.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 07:38:31 PM

Now I don't find any possibility that government will create cryptocurrency. But in future it can be possible that government will create their own cryptocurrency. Let's see.
I do think that if the government will be able to see how bitcoin successfully became a very big impact to the people,maybe the government will create their own cryptocurrency which will be utilized by the people,knowing the fact that they cannot control bitcoin so they will made their own that will be soley controlled and monitored by them.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:00:33 PM

This is already possible and its happen now in the country of Venezuela in which their President Nicolas Maduro created there own version of Crypto currency and named it Petro coin in which were supported by their people. Now i heard that it was a successful as an investment in spite of US sanctions to ban it.
Yeah, although a lot of people already kicked against it and even the U.S government most especially while considering it as scam. I know that is political anyway. The thing is this would eventually be the norm all over the world with each country shifting from the printing of paper currency into using blockchain technology and this is still going to be a manipulated, centralized, monopolized system as it has always been so what is really there for anyone to invest in?

We have been investing by holding fiat all our lives but did it really change anything. What is there to invest in a centralized currency anyway? One thing is that it is still going to end up being controlled and that will not stop the monopoly and bull shit that has been going on in the past. Sure, I may use it for daily needs, it would help make things easy and all that for global transactions, but investing is something that obviously would not cross my mind.
kfor01

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:15:10 PM

i think it's next thing they are going to do. I'm sure they are already working on it, It's a great chance to take control over digital assets.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:41:31 PM

Yes of course, government can create it's own crypto currency and it actually happen I will invest my money provided there is a prospect for the coin. I red an article that Venezuela government will soon create her own crypto currency that will be named Pedro, please correct me if I didn't get the name right which am currently planning to invest once is out.
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 08:42:21 PM

Me i think so. If it is the government who created it then it is legal and will be supported by my government. I dont think it will be as risky as investing in other cryptocurrency in investing into a government produced cryptocurrency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: