Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:43:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ?  (Read 1869 times)
spool-cloud
Copper Member

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Join us https://spool.cloud

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 06:33:34 PM

I think the Swedish government already working on this.

Join our awesome spool community!
YED

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:45:33 PM

To ask whether the government can create a cryptocurrency is to misunderstand what cryptocurrency is....!! You see, most of the governments throughout the world force us to use their currency to do stuff. All countries have taxes and in order to pay taxes we must pay them in the currency that our government tells us to use. We don't pay our taxes in gold or oil. We use dollars in the US and euros throughout most of Europe.
HiRollStaff

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:58:09 PM

Technically speaking any country could launch a crypto-currency. In a lot of developing countries it would be a good idea to adopt an existing one or develop a new one. Big cost savings and they would be ahead of the curve technologically speaking. Would be cool to have US Coin or Canada Coin for us North Americans. Realistically I see it being like a dollar, and then a bunch of cournties would make their own varient of that coin zonally. Not that it makes a lot of difference, but hey, thats the way they like to operate.
zbaharudin

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:32:15 PM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?

Of course if the government creates coins with digital systems and blockchain like bitcoin, I will invest in it as it will help economy of the country and with the level of security in transaction will be more awake
dekafee79

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:02:18 AM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?

It is possible. I think the crypto is the future technology, The government should follow it. they can create a new crypto or legalized the crypto.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:07:30 AM

yeah it can be, if they are willing to do it, cryptocurrency are made by people right ? and goverment can make it too,, but in the complicated way

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:20:08 AM

Maybe, I will invest. But it depends on the rules set and the goal of the government. If I see that it is for the common good then I will happily invest. Its what the government must do. Because the government is the of the people, by the people and for the people.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:36:47 AM

Well a typical example of where a government has created a stated owned crypto is Venezuela and I honestly think it was one of the few options left to get them out of their financial crisis, and another example is Zimbabwe not sure how their economy is doing after a change of govt but its also another potential country to have a government owned cryptocurrency as they are still on the road to financial and economy recovery and I think its time we had more state owned cryptos as this is a digital age Cool
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:26:52 AM

I see this very possible. It could be an altcoin or token that can be used to be purchased your documents such as clearance or passport issued by the government which can be very helpful to all of us.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:02:18 AM

It could happen. When the government tries to make a digital currency then it will certainly make a new revolution. The application of digital currency can be likened to a companion currency. If it happens then it will be many people who use and could have the development of digital currency in the world will be increasing with extraordinary.
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:15:09 AM

The emergence of an encrypted currency will challenge bitcoin and other popular virtual currencies.

Venezuela's oil money, for example, is supported by oil's natural resources.

The government can also profit from issuing cryptographic currency, and effectively crack down on tax evasion and tax evasion.

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:56:36 AM

It all depends on the system they use, if they are safe and have speculative properties maybe I will invest them but if their properties like fiat money that we use today, maybe I prefer to save or deposit only.
teeevnglst

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:20:10 AM

Easily they could but i doubt that many investors would come in simply because the government could control the currencies and that isturning point because its changes the way of decentralized system and it will turn in a fail

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:35:33 AM

It possible to happen in the future because crypto currencies are so popular the number of user are always increasing and I think government of every country they will make a move to create of their own crypto but one thing I can worried what will happen to the fiat? maybe this is the time of the new era and the evolution of money are coming because in some point crypto currencies may become one of the global currencies.
Andrews193

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:21:56 AM

Many governments have paid attention to large virtual currencies and especially Bitcoin. In the future, there will be many more people entering the virtual currency. I think that Bitcoin may change the world as well as its economy.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:38:23 AM

Technically speaking any country could launch a crypto-currency. In a lot of developing countries it would be a good idea to adopt an existing one or develop a new one. Big cost savings and they would be ahead of the curve technologically speaking. Would be cool to have US Coin or Canada Coin for us North Americans. Realistically I see it being like a dollar, and then a bunch of cournties would make their own varient of that coin zonally. Not that it makes a lot of difference, but hey, thats the way they like to operate.
If a forum or company can create their own currency, then why a government cannot, to me i think that in future we will see that governments will take more interest in crypto currencies and will therefore create their own currency which they will allow their people to use and exercise it in their country.
godactyl

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:05:25 AM

To ask whether the government can create a cryptocurrency is to misunderstand what cryptocurrency is.
You see, most of the governments throughout the world force us to use their currency to do stuff. All countries have taxes and in order to pay taxes we must pay them in the currency that our government tells us to use. We don't pay our taxes in gold or oil. We use dollars in the US and euros throughout most of Europe.
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:07:31 PM

Yes it is possible and many countries launch their own coin like UAE and India also work on it. Government knows that in future digital coin will dominant over the globe and government want to create own way to t control the digital coin to contribute for betterment of economy.
XpanderaX

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:07:58 PM

Seeing the rapid development of Cryptocurrency as it is today, it could be a government interested in creating their own Cryptocurrency. And I've also heard that my country, Will create a digital currency in addition to Fiat currency remains valid. If every country has created Cryptocurrency, I'm sure the use of digital currency will be more and more. and the name Bitcoin as the first digital currency to appear will be more phenomenal and will have a very high price.
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:10:40 PM

I think not, its a long process in terms of approval from legislator if a government create their own coin because its very costly and it requires a big money as capital.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: