Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:30:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ?  (Read 1869 times)
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:56:09 PM

Indeed Government can create Crypto because even a wealthy individual create his own crypto how much more with the government wit governing rules.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Baggong

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:19:13 PM

Many governments have paid attention to large virtual currencies and especially Bitcoin. In the future, there will be many more people entering the virtual currency. I think that Bitcoin may change the world as well as its economy.
Because many countries believe that the transaction system will change soon, if it continues to rely on the old system then this will make them left behind and certainly experiencing economic crisis.
Mancung

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:06:30 PM

Of course they can.. the real question is, whether they want to or not?? Maybe they just still trying to figure out the way to create cryptocurrency without harming the future of their real fiat currency and economics
Angi

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

They are government they will do whatever they wan't but suddenly government have a fiat currency wich means they don't need a digital currencies because they think if they build a digital currency many will not benefit from it.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:33:13 PM

The government certainly has unlimited resources to create cryptocurrency, if they want to make cryptocurrency but of course this should change the regulation because if make cryptocurrency it will make officcial currency disappear.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:21:07 PM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?

Valenzuela already did in the form of Petro.  Their very own government issued cryptocurrency backed by oil reserve.

The Marshall Islands is also issuing their own cryptocurrency called SOV which will be accepted as a legal tender which they hope will help boost their economy.

And with China banning Bitcoin and shutting down bitcoin exchanges, there's a strong rumor circulating around that they too are set to compete in the cryptoworld and will soon launch their own Yuan Cryptocurrency.

So i guess in the midst of all the crypto speculations and all, we are set to see the rise of government owned cryptocurrency in the days to come.  How decentralized they will be? Let's wait and see.
Betheng10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:55:25 PM

Government was able to create their own currencies through fiat money, and cryptocurrencies will not be impossible if they do consider making one.

If the government would subsidize with blockchain processes and not charge for fees, I would try considering buying it.

faultunfmuzzled8
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

They won’t be able to control it and that means that they will join hands with cryptocurrencies.
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:29:42 PM

Government has the power to do so if it wants but as of now government is protecting ths banks which have  great impact on the economy. Banks would used their might to bar cryptocurrencies to become fiat currency. In the end banks would always be ptotected by the government.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:48:26 PM

Of course it's possible, I'm sure they are doing it right now. But is it worth it to invest in it. I do not believe that the state will create an uncontrolled currency.
No, it is not going to be worth investing in such a coin, it doesn't matter what they say or how they try to promote that coin, you just need to take a look at what has happened with fiat to know that it is impossible to trust the government with managing a currency in a responsible manner, currencies all over the world are being printed massively by governments, they think they can steal the wealth from their citizens forever, but now people have found a way to defend themselves with the creation of cryptocurrencies and that is why they are so afraid of it.
pragna

Activity: 1582

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:58:14 PM

Yes sir why not. If a government think that there is a possibility of economical growth with cryptocurrency, government can create a cryptocurrency. Many central bank already thinking about it and also researching in it. Its a new ERA in currency so everybody have to think about it.
icohunter1024

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:15:11 PM

This is like selling state bonds to mobilize people's capital. As Venezuella issued the copper, Petro encouraged people to buy coins protected by the oil. Of course, government investment in cryptocurrency is subject to strict management and taxation.
BlackBeauty

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:26:52 PM

This is like selling state bonds to mobilize people's capital. As Venezuella issued the copper, Petro encouraged people to buy coins protected by the oil. Of course, government investment in cryptocurrency is subject to strict management and taxation.
If government can create a digital currency and provide many benefits as like bitcoin so I think many people will invest their money in government currency but I think government should improve bitcoin because bitcoin can provide many benefits for all people in this world and that's why people can manage their budget in payment of bitcoin, so that's why they can easily invest their money for future in bitcoin and it will give them best profit to secure their future for family.
normensky012

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:38:00 PM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?

Why would I invest in a government-run cryptocurrency? They probably won't gonna have an ICO because they probably gonna add the digital currency to the legal tender of the country. Say for example if Korean central bank manages to integrate digital currency into their monetary system, you don't need to invest on it because the government will probably replace your old paper money with a new monetary system that runs over the internet and blockchain.
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:51:04 PM

Yes it is possible and many countries launch their own coin like UAE and India also work on it. Government knows that in future digital coin will dominant over the globe and government want to create own way to t control the digital coin to contribute for betterment of economy.
Well here I am a bit disagree with your point of view because it is not that easy to make your own coin and then introduce it to the market, it’s very long time term tasking and it needs investors, and approval too, it is very heavy money taking projects to invent a coin and make it famous to be used, for me it is not possible for country like India to do so because right now everywhere only bitcoin is on demand.
data_teks

Activity: 267

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:50:01 AM

Digital cryptographic currencies of the countries are not decentralized, but still I would like to buy some big country's digital encryption currency.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:07:09 AM

Yes it is possible and many countries launch their own coin like UAE and India also work on it. Government knows that in future digital coin will dominant over the globe and government want to create own way to t control the digital coin to contribute for betterment of economy.
Well here I am a bit disagree with your point of view because it is not that easy to make your own coin and then introduce it to the market, it’s very long time term tasking and it needs investors, and approval too, it is very heavy money taking projects to invent a coin and make it famous to be used, for me it is not possible for country like India to do so because right now everywhere only bitcoin is on demand.
It takes a very good seriousness to be able to make a coin. especially a country that tries to apply digital currency in the financial system in their country. It is a bold step because the nature of the easy-to-change digital currency creates a big risk when price fluctuations occur. but we also have to be ready in the face of an increasingly sophisticated era, digital currencies can be an alternative to the best way that can help our mobility in the future. so this step should be supported by all of us, hopefully in the future that digital currency can be accepted by all circles of society.
flavio.rib

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 09:09:00 AM

Governments can do whatever they want... some banks are now associate to cryptocurrency
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:07:55 AM

if that happens ?? can you support government cryptocurrency ?? there's a lot of mistakes going on. that's my guess.
kive2k

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:21:48 AM

I personally think that it's still too early to talk about this, but if bitcoin and crypto-currency will continue to develop at the same pace, then everything is possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: