Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:22:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A government can create a cryptocurrency ?  (Read 1869 times)
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:26:39 PM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
If the government tries to make its own cryptocurrency currency I definitely support this program because there will make the country more advanced and known by the international world when the majority of the population is guaranteed in terms of the economy.
Yes but I think if they will use the present currency to involve digital system it will be better than creating their own currency, because it takes time, money and a lot of economical crises our country will lake of money with it, and it will take a lot of time to make it famous in world and to develop people trust for that coin, so I prefer using bitcoin instead of inventing new currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:17:09 PM

What do you think about this possibility ? Would you invest in your government currency ?
I will never invest in the cryptocurrency created by a government, they are never going to create a currency like bitcoin and even if they did there is no guarantee that they're not going to change the rules and change the code of the cryptocurrency to suit their needs, that is what they do all the time and I do not trust them.
diva.man

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:05:52 PM

This is possible in the future because many governments are aware of the benefits of cryptocurrency.

They may study their own cryptocurrency to replace the current legal tender!

Government research in cryptocurrency has the government to do credit guarantee, but I will not invest, because the government's financial policy is always exploiting people!
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:10:15 PM

if a government issues a token that it would one of the most secure and risk free investments and I believe lots of people would invest into that coin whatever it would be.
rejekinomplok99

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:43:17 AM

It is a good idea when the government can create a crypto currency. because the crypto is the future currency, it will be needed in the future.
Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:02:38 AM

Yes of course, and I think that it's a good idea then since we are now involve or we have our prior knowledge about cryptocurrencues and it's easy for us maybe to adapt it.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
EuronPower

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:35:58 AM

The Venezuelan government announced the creation of El Pero, a "cryptocurrency" supported by oil and other minerals found in that country. The Petro has a fixed price that is the barrel of oil, marked by OPEC, another thing is that it can not be mined, I do not know whether to characterize it as a cryptocurrency because it seems the adoption of Blockchain technology with geopolitical motives.

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:44:04 AM

Of course it depends on the goverment of what counry we are speaking about...there are some countries, which will easily scam their people Smiley
genixye

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:19:12 AM

The government has a lot of opportunities by creating your own encryption currency for the development of large-scale projects, but I believe that most people prefer the currency because of their investment more real, no one can manage BTC.
Sohailul

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:56:56 AM

Of course if government want to create a cryptocurrency so it is possible. If our country government want to launch a cryptocurrency so i invest in my government currency.
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:04:51 AM

If any corporation or person can create  his/her own cryptocurrency what more the government. Once Government wanted to venture in blockchain technology, definitely there will be sort of cryptocurrency. Government can tokenize its current fiat curreny. They may do it gradually for the testing phase. But for sure, in time it will happen.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:56:08 AM

I can say that the government can create their own cryptocurrency every time they want. We see people, knowledgeable or not, have experience in digital currencies or none creating their own coin thru the ICO. Now the question is, will be the coin become large and widely known like other coins right now.

Government can create their own coin but I think (only), government are working with banks and since XRP is being backed by banks include the government with it. Nothing owns cryptocurrency we know that already so every people can do their own coin at their own will.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Chusnul

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:04:35 PM

To ask whether the government can create a cryptocurrency is to misunderstand what cryptocurrency is. You see, most of the governments throughout the world force us to use their currency to do stuff. All countries have taxes and in order to pay taxes we must pay them in the currency that our government tells us to use. We don't pay our taxes in gold or oil. So it doesn't even matter if the government creates a crypto. Nobody is going to use it. People who use crypto aren't stupid. And the general public, absent government intervention, will slowly shift towards the better solution like they have with every other innovation throughout history. We're already seeing the market cap of cryptocurrency rise immensely because the general public is starting to figure it out.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:06:53 PM

Digital cryptographic currencies of the countries are not decentralized, but still I would like to buy some big country's digital encryption currency.
I believe that every country has the power to make their own crytocurrency. but, I do not think they will take that decision, because it's a boomerang for their economic system. but, I think they are beginning to support this development

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:07:26 PM

Yes it is possible and many countries launch their own coin like UAE and India also work on it. Government knows that in future digital coin will dominant over the globe and government want to create own way to t control the digital coin to contribute for betterment of economy.
But the problem comes when you have to fulfill the electricity requirement of mining. Like India had started mining their own coins in last year but they have ended that scheme right now. Reins is, they don’t have such big resources of extra electricity to quench this one need for mining. They have got such big population so how can they arrange such big projects of mining. Likewise for other countries as well.
Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:14:44 PM

Banks can create a digital currency but I don't think that would affect Bitcoin and other cryptos. They will still retain its value. Plus the possible volatility in a bank's own crypto might not be good for business.
kashkarev55@mail.r

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:18:50 PM

anyway, Yes. In the next 3-4 years, the basic cryptocurrencies will no longer belong to individuals, or rather will, but the process of regulation, issue and ..., will be controlled by the goverment
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 07:24:33 PM

The government can do anything they want, But I don't think that they will make some kind of cryptocurrency as they earn a lot of money from fiat. So, I don't think so this is going to happen.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:30:20 PM

It definitely can, and I think that's already being practiced in countries like Japan, China and South Korea. They have subsidiaries that are virtually government-controlled that are developing and/or is already using a cryptocurrency of their own. I mean, that's the only reason why China keeps on blocking other coins from penetrating their market because they want to give a jumpstart to the coins their own market makes. Also, it is not too far-fetched for that to happen because a government is also a business entity of its own.
Crypto_Freezy

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:31:47 PM

Yes of course but it will to collapse of banking system most of the times. But that crypto currency would be a really leading currency in the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: