Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:41:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.  (Read 28090 times)
nibbknot

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:58:14 AM

I've seen the FTC proof (even though there were at least 10% duplicate items there), but the only "proof" to this is the statement by the probation officer.  Don't you have a nice spreadsheet from paypal like the FTC had?  C'mon Bickster, you're slacking here, get on the ball and get'r done!

Posting from work again, eh? Does Josh know you troll the forum while at work?

Mostly during breaks. He laughed a lot during such sessions most the time sitting alone. Weird guy. A nice guy, but acts weird sometimes. I guess we all do.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:46:54 AM

This company's rating has changed in the relaunched manufacturer trustworthiness thread.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 04:01:40 PM

today was a good day

Hi Josh

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:24:13 AM

Monarchs not hitting the 1 TH/s number or settling into that rack mount ready promise in August 2013... feel free to prescribe solution to your Monarch failure and under-performance here.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:28:38 AM

But it does boggle my mind when people need to lie, and do it habitually like Darin Bicknell (Fairly sure he's pathological), when there are so many legitimate grievances.  Truly mind boggling.

They say a liar never believes anyone else...  Your track record with the truth (or lack of it) speaks for itself dude.

You, like several others, make this claim... but you, like all others have yet to provide a single shred of evidence that I've lied anywhere.  But go on, please post a link to where I've lied, lets see it.  My prediction:

You will huff and puff and make all sorts of wild claims, but you will never actually produce a link that contains a lie by me.  There are plenty of links with lies by Bicknellski and crew, but those are easy to find, since 90% of what Darin M. Bicknell posts is a lie.

So... who has been lying now Josh? 90%? Really show me where I lied once?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:42:14 AM

So final update on the PSUs:
10 ASIC acquired.  2 died.  1 replaced by BFL RMA (only took 11 days costing me about 11 BTC).  2nd one was not RMAed because BFL refused to answer PMs/emails/phonecalls - should have sent it to lightfoot.  All 10 PSUs that came with the units are now dead.  3 caught on fire or smoldered.  1 killed a Gigabyte moherboard and USB mouse/keyboard (mobo was fortunately replaced under warranty).

So Josh can keep with his less than 1% failure rate BS.  In my possession 2/10 ASICs have died (not counting PSUs).  Counting PSUs the failure rate passes 50% at 12/20.

Unfortunately I have no ref to compare to other ASICs since I neither bought others nor have I bothered to tracked how well/poorly they have faired.

Not heard or seen a lot of brick problems in the threads of other fabricators. Really the PSU issues are a localized BFL nightmare. You did RMA the two messed up ASICs right?

Yeah the first one was my day 1 Single.  When it died it was down for 11 days and cost me about 11BTC.  Only after 37 attempts at contact did BFL_Emily finally save me.

BFL refused to respond to the 2nd RMA request in Dec, I gave up.  They must have been busy getting the locust ready to ship those new Monarch.
Wasn't December when they were switching over from email to website RMA requests?  I could be wrong, but it is likely it got lost in the shuffle.   While not a good business practice, things like that do happen.

Lost in the shuffle?

Love to see the SKYPE chat between you and Nasser. Bruce are you going to provide the FTC those records or recordings?

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:24:47 AM

I can easily show twice:

Never mind I don't really care. Back on ignore peon.

This is my last post about Josh and BFL...

Then there's the whole "I'll buy $2800 in BTC if someone shows proof they bought a Monarch" where you then showed a $161 purchase of FRC.

Check and mate.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:50:50 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 03:07:33 PM by Bicknellski

I can easily show twice:

Never mind I don't really care. Back on ignore peon.

This is my last post about Josh and BFL...

Then there's the whole "I'll buy $2800 in BTC if someone shows proof they bought a Monarch" where you then showed a $161 purchase of FRC.

Check and mate.

LOL!

I change my mind.

Not a lie. Just change my view point. Now I want to talk about Josh and I want to read your BS replies about me being a liar. Pfft!

Anything else something about BFL mining people's equipment? Was I lying about that?

Was I lying when I said you were a paid agent of BFL? No?

How about reporting BFL product failures?

Where are these LIES Bruce?

Can you show me those lies?

How about we talk about product failures and under performance now Bruce. That is the topic.

Can the Monarch do 1 TH?
Can the Monarch go into as shipped now to a data center?
What is the failure rate on Monarchs?
When did the Monarch ship?
Did BFL lie about shipping dates?
How many RMAs came into BFL during 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Remember we will all see these documents soon enough so don't lie this time.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:00:16 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 11:17:26 AM by Bicknellski

Check and mate.

I never bet with you cause I couldn't trust you as evidenced by the fact you were working for BFL at the time that you were trying to make a bet about receiving miners versus buying BTC.

Fuck you are dumb. What a two bit fucking liar you are the whole time you have inside access to miners that you could have been mining with or probably mined with at BFL burn in rooms. That evidence will be damning just to prove what kind of snake you really are.

You never disclosed you were an employee and had direct access to the miners being built. Talking about trying scam people with a bet eh asshole. You have no integrity at all.

So you lose on all counts on that fact. How about the questions I asked?

The difference between your "evidence" and my evidence of your lies is that you actually lied.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:00:57 AM

Noticed you didn't respond to the questions.

Ignore those right cause it would prove you and BFL were liars in this very thread.

And now who is editing LOL!

You are are 2 bit hood that works for a felon and now the Government lol!

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:10:33 AM

Ignore those right cause it would prove you and BFL were liars in this very thread.

I don't think he's even smart enough for Government work dude !!!!    Cheesy Grin Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:15:35 AM

I don't think he's even smart enough for Government work dude !!!!    Cheesy Grin Cheesy

FTC should fire his ass for lying here in these forums just now.

He works for the FTC. I thought they had higher standards for the civil service?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:52:38 PM

Any Monarch owners out there needing to vent?

#askftc

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:01:23 AM

Some old RMA notes #askftc

Huh, so you're saying your unit did not perform double round sha256 calculations?  I bet you're lying. I bet if we tested your equipment right now it would, in fact, perform double round sha256 calculations just fine.  Come on now, fess up.

Never performed to specifications?  Why didn't you RMA it then?.

Okay, I'll bite.

I can say mine didn't. In fact I can say mine was broken and was RMA'd..... in December last year.
I have failed to receive the unit back after shipping it off, and every email has been ignored since enquiring where the hell the damn thing is.

Not that it's any good now...

So as you say "You should be more careful to not make such easily disproved assertions in your statements on an anonymous internet forum".

I wonder if anyone else can find another model that didn't meet the initial advertised specs.

FTFY. And in response.... like all of them.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:39:41 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 09:27:48 AM by Bicknellski

Are there any real numbers from the court documents on RMA's that were handled for the 65nm line?

Edit:

Here's another DOCUMENTED LIE from the Skype chat log:

[12/14/2013 11:10:50 AM] Jody Drake: We also need to produce and warehouse a number
of each units for RMA over the next year. We have RMAed about 1,000 units so far and
about 20-30 units go out everyday now for replacement.
That's 1,000 units in mid-December 2013. For the math-challenged among you, 1,000 is 2% of 50,000.

20-30 units per (working) day is another 400-600 per month. So likely 2,000-3,000 RMAd units by March/April.

Oh my the lies BFL told in this thread alone. Tsk tsk tsk.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:46:22 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 11:47:56 AM by Bicknellski

But if you look at the products themselves, it is not all bad.  Pretty good actually.

The number of issues with regards to BFL products as posted only in this thread respectfully begs to differ from your personal experience but I would like to hear an assessment that logically explains how the failures and under performance stated is not an indicator of significant quality issues with BFL products.
You ever take probability and statistics Bickski?  If you had, then you'd know that your 'number of issues' is statistically insignificant compared to the number of units produced.  You want "logic", but you refuse to use it yourself.  Look at any of the big chip companies... Intel and AMD both sell CPUs that have part of the chip disabled since they cannot maintain a 100% working chip on 100% of chips produced.  That's why they have grades of chips... but hey, you should already know this, right?  

Admittedly, my sample size is small, having only ordered one unit, but here's my experience:
1.  They told me the unit should be delivered by June, but it was actually October.
2.  They told me it would use 100 watts, but it uses 300.
3.  They told me it would mine at 60 Gh/s, but it only does 57.
4.  My unit died after less than a month of use.

Maybe not everyone is experiencing fails number 3 and 4, but fails number 1 and 2 were universal.  BFL is a terrible company.  Why would anyone apologize for them?  Are you on the payroll?

Yes he was definitely on the payroll when you asked that question and he ignored it. He ignored that question countless times in an effort to defraud people as he was sandbagging threads like this.

rocket202

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 02:41:47 AM

HELP!!!! I have 4 BFL SC 60 GH/s machines and would like to use my own ATX power supply (instead of their fireboxes)  to power them.  I have no clue how to do this.  Do I need a separate PSU for each miner, or could I use, say one 1000W PSU and run the 6 pin PCIe cables in a series, using splitters? Once I plug in the 6 pin PCI-e cable (2 of them) into the miner, do I need to do anything with the other cables coming from the PSU? I am very anxious to start mining, but I don't want to burn my house down, like that Mining facility in Thailand a few months ago.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:24:59 PM

HELP!!!! I have 4 BFL SC 60 GH/s machines and would like to use my own ATX power supply (instead of their fireboxes)  to power them.  I have no clue how to do this.  Do I need a separate PSU for each miner, or could I use, say one 1000W PSU and run the 6 pin PCIe cables in a series, using splitters? Once I plug in the 6 pin PCI-e cable (2 of them) into the miner, do I need to do anything with the other cables coming from the PSU? I am very anxious to start mining, but I don't want to burn my house down, like that Mining facility in Thailand a few months ago.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John
With 4 singles, you would need at least 1 1500W or 2 750W power supplies to safely run them.  In addition, you would not want to use a cable that has more than 1 6-pin PCIe connector on it's length.  An EVGA 1500W supply has 8 PCIe connections available and thus could run 4 singles using 8 cables that go from 8 pin to 6 pin connectors.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:49:17 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2014, 11:43:33 AM by Bicknellski

I'd like to see how they plan on keeping good on all the lifetime warranties for all the 65nm stuff they did ship.

Never take the phrase "lifetime warranty" seriously.  It means whatever whoever is using it says it means.  Sometimes, that's something like the expected lifetime of the product itself, or the lifetime of the product line, i.e. as long as it's made.  In BFL's case, it probably means "ha ha sucker."

There's no precise legal definition of the term so you'd want to read the actual language of an actual warranty on paper, assuming there is such a thing.  They could pretty much just say "lifetime warranty" with impunity, though.

AFAIK in the UK the words "lifetime warranty" does mean certain minimum, 5 +2 years of replacement/repair time frame.

Just in case people missed this document and yes BCP19 is part of this horrible company although he kept that secret for many months after he started working there. So take any advice offered with the full understanding he has been an integral part of the BFL fraud for over a year now. Note that he has no authority to act or comment on BFL products and is probably breaking a court order doing so here without permission of the FTC Receiver.

Also Rocket202. You should start a help me thread for that. This is not an official BFL support thread unfortunately. Try contacting user lightfoot. Better still... sell those SC 60 gh/s as fast as you can and get something that is more efficient or just buy BTC.

#ASKFTC

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:16:09 AM

More Monarch RMA Samples:

I've got 2 Monarchs with the radiators bulging on the side of their tops. One of them has started having overheating issues as a result... I'm letting them run for now, but thinking a custom radiator solution might be the easiest way to handle it, unless BFL actually starts processing RMAs again.

Quick update: Fixed a few more Monarchs, that's good. When a FET shorts, it seems to immediately disrupt the 6 phase power supply output and shuts down the board so it doesn't burn anything badly. Then since it is shorted, a power supply will simply crowbar on startup. Makes sense.

I've got a few more coming in this weekend for repairs, so I should be busy early next week. If they have the FETs shorted it should be an easy fix to swap them out and get them back on the road again.

I just found out that it looks like BFL is no longer under receivership, which means that they will be able to get back to doing RMAs and shipping again. Good.

I'll have to think about what this means in the long run, but in the meantime the Monarchs that are in the shipping pipeline to be repaired will be fixed under the current "donate the money to a food bank" program. Maybe I'll extend it till next week while they get on their feet or something, I'm sure they are probably busy, so if you have a problematic Monarch that needs repair let me know and I'll take a look at it.

Good? Really?

Given the long list of people who complained about the RMA process and the RMA policy? Why bother when REFUNDS are going to be monitored by the FTC... get your REFUND ASAP!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  All
  Print  

Jump to: