Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 08:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4840 times)
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:10:53 AM

That's a stupid analogy, make the same humans with cryptocurrency.

Can anyone stop to predict the position of bitcoin in the future?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:18:29 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

I think what you say can not be a relevant benchmark in the crypto industry. I'm sure etheum has a very big chance in the future to increase its value. but it will be very difficult to compete with bitcoin which in fact is the king of all crypto.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
makakadu

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:28:13 AM

It sounds like a threat and you use unnecessary comparisons. I think few people are against this and most likely the people on this forum have more ethereum than bitcoins
jasper79

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:29:55 AM

I think you're right . I also believe that Etherium will be able to take the place of Bitcoin ....

Yup in a few years time, 5 years tops I suppose.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:33:17 AM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!
then what?ethereum is a great project and a great coin,for me it has been always a potential to replace bitcoin and no doubt about thay..

But the problem is when will this happen,because as long as bitcoin dominates the market with that huge market cup,i dont thing theres something ethereum can do..lets just for eth the best for future maybe
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:36:13 AM

ETH is not a threat to BTC, it's not even a threat to BCH, hell, it's not even a threat to XMR! It is a premined, centralized asset (not a coin!), it can't compete with BTC. Please do your due diligence before making such bold statements.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:37:08 AM

To me, BTC and ETH are two potential currencies that give me the strongest confidence. BTC was born early with great features and a large community in. ETH next generation is based on the BTC platform and the day there are more improvements. Technology should always follow BTC. The natural tendency is to get rid of the weaker ones so I think the BTC and ETH will grow strongly together as the two leading edge of the cryptographic market. No one threatens anyone but has many improvements to follow the trend in develop.
RebekittaH

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:37:21 AM

I don't the Ethereum posses any threat to Bitcoin yet. Its a good coin with a huge potential bu Bitcoin is far too established to be under pressure form ETH. there shall come a time when its completely developed, but still it wont be as good as Bitcoin is
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:40:47 AM

I don't think that will be the case. I mean you are just saying that ETH will dethrone the BTC but you are not saying why that will happen in the reality? Is there a valid explanation for the same!

Unless and until ETH finds a way to gain the same or more volume than the BTC then it wont be getting that throne. I mean ETH is getting its value due to its utility application of ICO token sells!

Its just not the purely organic investment but indirect one.
Papilio

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:53:17 AM

Bitcoin was created as a tool of electronic payment system with peer-to-peer access, Ethereum was developed for use in the network of "smart contracts", which are confirmed when certain conditions come. 2018 for the Etherium will be very successful. Now conversations about the Etherium and its prospects increase support.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:03:05 AM

Whether its a threat or not, time will tell, but where is the reason for competition as both have differing use case scenarios, as far as investment goes, its prudent to invest in both, though the profits bitcoin furnishes, speak for themselves. Both are popular coins, but within their own purview.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:07:40 AM

OP, this post is actually hilarious, how you are comparing NBA with crypto. It makes no sense at all.
Now, talking about Ethereum being a threat to Bitcoin,Well, first of all, you must understand that there is no logical comparison among Ethereum and bitcoin.

Bitcoin is created as an alternative to regular money and is thus a medium of payment transaction and store of value, Ethereum is developed as a platform which facilitates peer-to-peer contracts and applications via its own currency vehicle.
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 09:21:31 AM

They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

Ideally that should have been the case. Both the currencies were designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. But the problem is that nowadays all the cryptos are mostly used for investment purposes and this puts them against each other.
I agree with this, most investors not much concerned about the uses of the crypto ie bitcoin and ethereum, they look at it as a trading assets that will give them money or profit by a period of time. These competition in the market is now very common among all alts. The essence of its uses is disregarded and people focusing on investment purposes.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:22:51 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2018, 11:55:52 AM by rosezionjohn

I do not know where to comment  Grin On Ben Simmons dethroning Lebron James at the Eastern Conference Finals or Ethereum dethroning Bitcoin.
Anyway, I do not think Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin dominance. Bitcoin will remain the most popular cryptocurrency.
refaelsh

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:26:47 AM

At the moment, the technology itself of the blockade of bitcoin is already a little outdated, and this shows its current problems. High commissions, transaction speed, centralization and blockage volume are the main difficulties that must be faced by the entire crypto community. Despite the fact that Bitcoin in the eyes of many seems to be the best means for accumulation, more and more users are choosing the Etherium as an asset transfer between people and organizations.
Prashantrastogi3027

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:45:34 AM

They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.
In which way both are affecting the market can you tell us?
Prashantrastogi3027

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:53:29 AM

i dont think so. bitcoin is legend
Everyone knows that "old is Gold", So we can understand that bitcoin is really good and trustable. we don't need to think about others.
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:22:26 AM

It's currently not possible however in future if ETH comes out with something revolutionary in crypto having superority over BTC then it's possible currently it's not possible.both the coins are high figh and both are trusted worlwide.investment in both is highly safe and beneficial.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
fleeb22

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:33:04 AM

i can see that happening for sure.
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:37:17 AM

I don't think it will happen soon, let's see if how ethereum can do it. But still I believe bitcoin will be the only king, because bitcoin is already trusted and I don't think btc and eth should be compared because they both have different uses.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: