Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:48:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4840 times)
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1246
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:02:50 PM

I dont think so, ethereum is very different from bitcoin, bitcoin is bitcoin, and ethereum is just an altcoin, an altcoin will never become a threat to bitcoin, it will never happen.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

SnapFX

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 12:13:19 PM

I think,Vitalik Buterin, of course has far plans for the coin. But to displace bitcoin from the first place among cryptocurrencies, he will hardly manage.
The most probable option of development looks so:ETH will step to Bitcoin on heels and and will remain the second number.
I think, acquisition of ETH on bottoms, will be good investment into the future.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:30:44 PM

I think,Vitalik Buterin, of course has far plans for the coin. But to displace bitcoin from the first place among cryptocurrencies, he will hardly manage.
The most probable option of development looks so:ETH will step to Bitcoin on heels and and will remain the second number.
I think, acquisition of ETH on bottoms, will be good investment into the future.
It's hard to say that the ethereum is a threat to bitcoin because in the first place, bitcoin is such a legendary coin. (It's only in my own perspective) Ethereum can be a threat if it's value would be not miles away from the value of bitcoin even though it's in the second place, bitcoin will always be one even if it's value would be lower and higher and higher and lower. But we can't deny the fact that ethereum is such a good coin to invest. But I don't think it's a threat to bitcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:38:00 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is.
No it's not.

We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.
It doesn't matter on who created the coin or where he did came from. If the crypto is new and it has a real use, innovative and people sees great fortune to it they will invest to it so that made ETH's market cap increase within a short span of time.

Though you got a nice comparison of crypto to NBA.  Grin
kolyrahman23

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 12:39:33 PM

No. Ethereum is the main competitor to bitcoin. Both coin has different focus and function. Just Ethereum looks legit and bitcoin is not. That's why you think this. But you have to agree that the Whole Market is undoubtedly depend on Bitcoin price.
Nowherman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:36:56 PM

I am sure that Ethereum will grow faster than Bitcoin this year, and wil reach $2500, or maybe $4000. But I don't think that Ether can beat Bitcoin by capitalization. In any case, large players will invest in Bitcoin due to the complete decentralization of the BTC. Heads of Ether can change the rules at any time, as it happened with DigitDAO, and bitcoin doesn't have its own chief, as Satoshi Nakamoto disappeared without a trace. This feature of bitcoin attracts whales the most.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:04:57 PM

They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

Ideally that should have been the case. Both the currencies were designed for different purposes, and therefore there should not be much competition between them. But the problem is that nowadays all the cryptos are mostly used for investment purposes and this puts them against each other.
But remember some platforms are intentionally created an improvement version of against another existing platform (old)

Bitcoin and ethereum have really different taste in my opinion. Any comparison or a thread that says it's against each other and not worth to be read by everyone.

Orsen

Activity: 163

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:06:24 PM

I understand your essence, because I'm interested in basketball, but it's not a sport, there's no human factor, it's crypto-currency, there's something you prefer!
boroda074

Activity: 168

ONe Social Network

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:10:24 PM

Yes, the ether can become a threat, but when?
At the moment, bitcoin is very strong, top 1, and the advantage is too great to compare with something that is not in the real!

Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:11:06 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

I do not think that the etherium is a threat to bitcoin. The etheric is just one of the altcoyins, albeit quite "fat." Bitcoin will remain "digital gold". The etherium is certainly an excellent altcoyin, but with bitcoin it is not worth comparing.
BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:12:06 PM

Eth is the competitor of bitcoin, this is for sure. With the unique feature like smart contract of Eth that allow reversable trading, it makes better life for investor but the acknowledgement by public for bitcoin is much more better and more popular than Eth. Thus their relationship is competitor.

grumpylittlepoodle

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:16:42 PM

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

For me that is definitely wrong. As we all know bitcoin is the number one coin for now and to the future. Bitcoin is the heart of cryptocurrency. If bitcoin die then many coin will going die too and ofcourse if many coin will die specially bitcoin then crypto world is going die too because without heart ( bitcoin ) without life.

crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:20:29 PM

What?They are not basketball on the NBA that you compare, they are different coin and not the same.The purpose of this two coin is really different,Bitcoin has more usage than etherium, some or many of website started accepting bitcoin as a payment gateway while eth popular on ICO project that sometimes turn into scam.speed and fee's i will go to eth but if you use segwit then bitcoin is good to go.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:21:50 PM

It may look like Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin but I do not think Ethereum is trying to over take or take bitcoins place. But there is a great possibility it might go over beyond bitcoin in the far future if things really work out with this coin.
sharkpc2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:27:00 PM

what's weird? in fact, eth has made all x2 from the summer prices, which is less than the number of tokens and coins. Including btc has done more
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:28:03 PM

Yeah, I think it is threat, more like a rivalry here because ethereum started 5 years after bitcoin has been launched, I think with this huge of a time gap bitcoin and the devs of it should really fear ethereum, I mean ethereum was able to make #2, but I think bitcoin should still be leading for a number of years with the ginormous lead with the price and the value of bitcoin is versus ethereum, now I can say that ethereum is newer, fresher, and yes they offer smart contracts and focuses on the gpu when you mine them, and lastly I think that the technology ethereum use is way newer than bitcoin, but again I will and still use bitcoin no matter what.
zhagedus

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 02:29:01 PM

I think that Ethereum will just end-up following Bitcoin but will never be able to over-throne it any time any year mark my worlds. Though i will not be surprise if Ethereum did it, but be rest assured that it will take a decade to make it to Bitcoin.
BetadiNe

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

I think it will not happen, because ethereum and bitcoin have their own functions and values, so I think it will not happen, maybe nowadays many investors use ethereum as their long-term investment, but bitcoin will remain king.
nytstalker

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:52:38 PM

I don't think ethereum is a threat although ethereum is in the top, Unlike bitcoin it has a total supply of 21 million but ethereum has a large amount of supply.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:54:51 PM

I think! Currently can not happen that! Bitcoin is always better than ETH!
ETH has smartcontract, but the application is not much!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: