Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:51:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin  (Read 4837 times)
strawbery

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:23:40 AM

Yes, Ethereum is getting stronger and stronger, technology updates are very fast, and the impact of Bitcoin’s block is getting more serious. I think this is a very important factor. Ethereum is chasing bitcoin, which needs to look behind. How is the development of Bitcoin
swiftbits

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:33:28 AM

Its never been a threat since bitcoin is the premier coin, it will never be dethroned but they both doing well since they are on the top cryptocoin not just on popularity but on the market.

Its a great observation since Eth is much more innovative.

▀▀█▄
     ▀▀██▄▄██████▄████▄
      ▄▄███████████▀█▄
  ▄█████████████████▄█▄ ▄
 ▀  ▀██████████████▀▀█████
   ▄██████▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▀█▀
 ▄███████▄▄█▀               █
█▀▀ ▀██████▀                █
    ██████▄█▌              ██
   █████████             ▄██▌
    █▀ ▀█████ █▄ ▐▄  ▄█████▀
         ▀███████ ██▄▄███▀
           ▀▀█████████▀
.CoinDragon.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
..No.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
             ▄▄██████▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄████████████
 ▄███████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
     ██  ▄▄   ██  ▄▄   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ██  ██   ██  ██   ██
     ▀▀  ██   ▀▀  ██   ▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Competitions
& Tournaments
for All
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:46:00 AM

They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

This is definitely a good observation but I would advise you to keep in mind the world is rarely that black and white.  The sets of functionality each posses are not disjoint! 

They attack different parts of the market AND they attack some of the same parts.  This makes them compete AND not compete. 

Keep in mind dialectics.
Ethereum, which continues to be the flagship coin, continues to show such an increasing development. so it's great to have Altcoin like this and make it a pretty good future. so had time Ethereum into Bitcoin threat and impressive.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ichanjay

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:51:04 AM

I don't think ethereum is any threat to bitcoin, they are both different in their way, bitcoin is a currency and serves as a store of value while ethereum is a smart contract platform and it is used to pay for fees within the ethereum blockchain, so they are not the serving the same purpose so i don't see any threat for the both.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:54:47 AM

I don't think ethereum is any threat to bitcoin, they are both different in their way, bitcoin is a currency and serves as a store of value while ethereum is a smart contract platform and it is used to pay for fees within the ethereum blockchain, so they are not the serving the same purpose so i don't see any threat for the both.

Most likely, topic starter has in mind that Etherium will bypass Bitcoin by capitalization. Yes, this is a very real possibility, albeit with a low probability.  Grin
jamesdean35

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:59:39 AM

Etherum is a very powerful coin and will grow much more in the future. but the king of bitcoin crypto currencies. and I do not think it will create a threat to btc. BitCoin will continue to be the largest.

hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 09:59:56 AM

I don't think Ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin , because their purpose of application is completely different . Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency with a finite total supply, created to become a "digital gold" and currency for everyone in the world , and to bring freedom from the state to humanity . While Ethereum is a centralized infinite cryptocurrency , created to fuel ecosytem that supports smart contracts to bring new projects on this blockchain into life quickly and in effective manner . TAs you can see , their target audience is different , so I don't think there might be any problems for bitcoin caused by the existence of Ethereum.
Futubu

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:04:22 PM

I dont know why people are keep saying that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin, or bitcoin is being compared to ethereum. they are different cryptocurrency and there is no reason to compare those two. Sad Sad
GameOfBit

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:26:00 PM

perhaps he will overthrow the bitcoins in the future, but not for people who believe and love bitkoyn. bitkoyn, like LeBron, will remain in our hearts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◯ ●     REPME     ● ◯ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██    TWITTER    █ ▌  WHITEPAPER  ▐ █    TELEGRAM    ██
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOVEMBER
mitsarasss

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:24:59 PM

Its never been a threat since bitcoin is the premier coin, it will never be dethroned but they both doing well since they are on the top cryptocoin not just on popularity but on the market.

Its a great observation since Eth is much more innovative.

I would not be so sure about it in your place. If bitcoin technology becomes obsolete so much that no one will use it, then it will lose its functionality as an asset, which means that nobody will need it.
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:33:19 PM

Ethereum is getting popularity because of its price which is very less as compared to Bitcoin. Everyone can afford to invest in this without any major risk. This coin is promising same as Bitcoin and its returns are also very good. On the other hand , Bitcoin is king and all other coins are controlled by Bitcoin.   So, there is no threat to Bitcoin not now and not even in future.
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:35:46 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2018, 04:01:54 AM by vladimirhf

Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

King? Lebron? This is not a sport and no one will get a ring... btc and eth have different purposes.

"King of crypto", "digital gold", "digital silver" all this is BS. Stick to technical reports, not metaphors.
The market is crazy because most people are totally lost like this, that's why people fall for any scam that "is going to the moon" Grin
spastikss

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:36:24 PM

I do not agree with you. Ethereum is never a threat to bitcoin. On the contrary, ethereum has greatly increased the awareness of the crypto market and added value to the bitcoin.

LikaForw

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:37:00 PM

I believe that this is no more speculation. In no way will Ether interfere with the development of Bitcoin. And the fact that they write that Ether will soon take the place of Bitcoin. I do not believe. He has not risen yet Grin
KceoH

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:39:30 PM

Efirium - a good danger for bitkoyna. But this is not anything bad, I think, for example, how this will only force the creators of bitocans to arrange something more than any other, in order to avoid overthrowing. Similar to these other altcoys, they are still trying to do something one of the best, than others, otherwise there will be no reason to make another coin.
Nagibator007

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:43:09 PM

No,on the contrary the more of these projects serezdnii,the steeper the market,the more certain investors,as more diversity where you can inetsirovany,so you can't say that this project is better,this is worse,everything is relative
podimanikee

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:57:10 AM

I don't think I concur with you. BTC has been in presence for around 9 years now which implies it's been getting by without slamming nor programming blunder I consider it to be a decent venture and concerning ETH I additionally consider it to be a quickly developing coin existing/making due for around 3 years now and it's developing quick which implies it's running with the possibility of surviving longer however it doesn't mean it's superior to BTC. I see both on various view.
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 01:51:51 AM

i think its not true, well you can see that ethereum will be the greatest competitive of bitcoin, but it will never be a threat to bitcoin, because from the start ethereum will not exist if there is no bitcoin. When a new investors engaged in crypto the first thing that they are going to buy is bitcoin.The popularity of bitcoin  is greater that the ethereum. maybe you can say that ethereum is  a threat of bitcoin because some of the projects uses ethereum as payments.

Jukwle

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:30:48 AM

I can't help contradicting you that ethereum is a danger to bitcoin which is he best and most seasoned crypto. These two coin are unique and they work in various divisions and have distinctive capacities. Truly, ethereum has picked up a considerable measure of prevalence relatively like bitcoin and has a superior innovation however it can not supplant bitcoin. It will keep on dominating in its own angle and bitcoin will keep on being the lord of crypto.
rumlipm

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:07:25 AM

I surmise that bitcoin and etherium will share the primary spot among themselves.

These are diverse tasks and they both need the market.

Bitcoin and the etherium have solid help for the network and swarm capital.

Maybe it will change with time, however today it is so.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: