Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:45:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments?  (Read 1658 times)
Raufjoze

Activity: 317
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:49:04 AM

only government has a power to control the legalization of all cryptocurrency in every countries they have.
thats why people has a big fear in government if they invest money that will be so risky there are chance of banning of bitcoin in their country.

Another reason is that the government can make decisions about bitcoin that impact on the bitcoin exclusion itself. So maybe this is the reason. And worrying about paying taxes to the government is probably one of the reasons why many bitcoiner are worried about the government
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 04:26:01 AM

I somehow all the same to the government. I have no aggression towards him. I know that the laws adopted by them and so on are inevitable. I live here and now. I'm trying to take more pluses for myself today, and tomorrow we adapt to other rules. it has always been so.
kasemin

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:28:18 AM

The person has a very large amount of Bitcoin and they are afraid that they will be questioned. Or another reason may be that they are only afraid of the big taxes that will be placed by the government. Unfortunately whenever the price goes up it attracts certain types of people who are in a hurry with eyes closed.
jerjer

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Money Token

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:31:38 AM

IMHO Many bitcoin users have fear government because the government nowadays especially the US govt, trying their best to destroy bitcoin. But the truth is the government is really afraid of bitcoin.

Choy13

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:35:25 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I think it is somewhat normal for the people who uses bitcoin in their country that it is not legal to them. But somehow i want to believe that bitcoin and government will approach each other to be legalize it in whole world. However, I cannot see the things will go easy on the bitcoin and government to each other. Its hard to believe that it will happen in future.
sheryl18

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:41:18 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

Some people are afraid that even though it is legitimate, people have the scam spread so it is inevitable that anybody in the government will be afraid because many will judge bitcoin.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:47:15 PM

Bitcoin users fears government because they might ban cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is decentralized which completes the transactions without the involvement of third party. This endangers the existence of commercial banks and central banks. With the end of central banks the government will lose control over the financial sector of the country. But I think Bitcoin users and governments have to join hands for addressing many loopholes in Bitcoin and to achieve confidence among the investors.
ekeh

Activity: 278

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:00:20 PM

The most reason why many investors and trader are afraid of government is because, them don't know the concept of bitcoin. And them think bitcoin can short down easily. The answer is NO, because bitcoin has no business with government, including government officials. To further more, Bitcoin creating come to help government to support economy
wtbhitlv

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:03:14 PM

I think the temporary bitcoin users and the government can not find common language, only community development is strong enough, bitcoin can affect many industries, then the government may get some benefits in the process of standardizing the market, then the bitcoin users and government will have more common language.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:06:20 PM

Governments are feared by people because of what we know they are capable of. Governments lay their hands on your properties and treat them anyhow, manipulate and take control. That is not what we want to happen to our world. We want a world full of decentralization and anonymity. But I love your conclusion, at the end we really need a common language because they'll definitely influence us whether we like it or not (and we have evidence all around).
Genamant

Activity: 730
Merit: 102

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:06:50 PM

This really depends on what you have earned and what you are doing with cryptocurrencies. For traders who lucked out and made big money. That is a fear of your hard earned money getting taxed. And for bad guys. Fear of getting caught and not being able to launder money.

huntingbtc5

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:08:07 PM

Many governments declare bitcoin trade as money laundering and ban the use of it in their country. As a result investors are taking huge risk to use bitcoin. But nonetheless bitcoin has been used, as its a decentralized process govt. dont have direct control over it.
petir.bay

Activity: 294
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:45:04 PM

The main reason for people to fear using bitcoin when we talk about government is the word support. Most country does not have enough support of the government for them to inform them the essential uses of bitcoin when it comes to investments, transactions or even in trading.
sirmitchel

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:48:11 PM

I think it may be due to the government's plans and efforts to make Bitcoin's legally regulated.
Regulation may be the root and cause of all that said and rumored fear, regulation possibly can
bring in a lot of stuff that might make bitcoin lose it's primary and attractive attributes. Anonymity,
Decentralized and even taxes are a few concerns by bitcoin users. But since it hasn't been
regulated we can all see and wait how stuff like that affects cryptocurrency worldwide.

░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓█      ZUFLO .io   ▌ EXCHANGE AND FINANCE      █▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░
INTEGRATED TRADING & FINANCE PLATFORM ON BLOCKCHAIN
WP   |   Telegram   Twitter   [[  Pre ICO is LIVE  ]]   Instagram   Facebook   |   ANN
edjames

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:22:57 PM

I think many problems stem from the way crypto was linked to 'bad stuff on the dark web' by the media, when it first starts making waves.

Sadly, governments are made up of politicians that are notoriously ill informed when it comes to anything technical, and so policy tends to be based on what tomorrows headline might be if they back the wrong law, rather than actual facts.

Vigasserie

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:31:12 PM

La personne a une très grande quantité de Bitcoin et ils ont peur qu'ils soient interrogés. Ou une autre raison peut-être qu'ils ont seulement peur des grandes taxes qui seront placées par le gouvernement. Malheureusement, chaque fois que le prix augmente, il attire certains types de personnes qui sont pressés avec les yeux fermés.
AntonGrishko

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:34:50 PM

I think that is more an old sentiment, when Bitcoin first started a lot of users were libertarians wanting to go around being forced to use a government dictated dollar. Now it feels more investors oriented.
Market-desi

Activity: 202

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:38:41 PM

because they are bitcoiners. feel they have not received security guarantee from the government / country they live in. as in Indonesia until now the government still has not relieved cryiptocurrency.

🏦 PointPay 🏦
⚡️ Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING ⚡️
➡️ https://pointpay.io ⬅️
Antonina

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:56:04 PM

Bitcoin has many functions. One of them; it does not belong to any center and can not be controlled by a specific structure. With this feature, Bitcoin takes its place in World History. Bitcoin creates a new world order.
Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:40:58 PM

Naturally, people are afraid of the strengthening of the government's power in relation to the crypto currency. Yes, it is possible to influence and will not be as strong as the usual currency, but still the government can impose quite large restrictions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: