Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 02:57:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:15:06 AM

If people want to agree that the earth's climate is changing in a negative way, that's fine. Just DON'T steal peoples money through taxation in an attempt to fix the problem. It won't work. Yeah, plant some trees or something. But FORCE is NEVER the answer.

THIS! It's disturbing to see people all cropping up with their grand plan to spend money that isn't theirs on causes that are important to them. If you want a carbon offset program, that's fine...just build it yourself with your own money and money from willing donors.

My comment earlier on spending the money to sponsor Mormon missionaries was tongue in cheek to make the point that we can all come up with great ideas on how to spend it, but we will alienate people in the process.

It's better to burn the money or spend it directly on the Nxt economy (marketing or development bounties).
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:33:29 AM

FFS, Guys !!

This might not be the last time I have to say this, but read the proposal before you start waffling on about Global bloody Warming.
The carbon-offset concept is about a whole load of good things:
reforestation, clean stoves, air pollution and a whole load of marketing brownie points.

NXT is already being seen as "green" because of it's low energy consumption, a carbon-offset project will take this to the next level, do some good in the world (forests, happy poor people) and make NXT cleaner than a Prius.

This is not my pet project*, I just think that it could bring NXT a lot of good publicity, and a unique position in the crypto market.

Look at the amount of hassle Bitcoin is getting right now over it's power consumption.

Again, read all of my proposal, then shoot it down point by point if u can.

BTW: fuck politricks.

*(My pet project would have a lot more Japanese schoolgirls in it...and maybe a 3.5l Mazda diesel)

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:34:47 AM

Its *NOT* the GW debate...read the post, carefully avoided Global Warming completely.
Pollution yes, GW, no, so lets not start in on it.

Right. If one time gw is confirmed and accepted by 95% of people we'll play this card. For now it's 50/50.

I can't let this go: http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus
97% consensus that climate change is man made.

The problem Uniqueorn, is that real science is NOT done by consensus. If that were the case, then we'd still think that the earth was at the center of the universe... I could go on and on with examples of why consensus has no place in the scientific method. Furthermore, I need to point out the MASSIVE incentive governments have in paying scientists to come up with the statistics they want people to see. Don't you see just what kind of money is involved in 'carbon taxing' every single person on earth?... Right now we're seeing record low temperatures all over the world. They changed 'global warming' to 'climate change', and I'm sorry... but the earth's climate has been changing for something like 4.5 billion years.

I could go on and on. The main thing is: real science isn't done by consensus.
and second: If people want to agree that the earth's climate is changing in a negative way, that's fine. Just DON'T steal peoples money through taxation in an attempt to fix the problem. It won't work. Yeah, plant some trees or something. But FORCE is NEVER the answer.

WHY THE MOTHERFUCKING CUNTBUGGLE DO YOU BRING UP TAXES AND FORCE? This has NOTHING to do with NXT.

Climate change has ALL the emperical evidence on it's side. He asked for consensus and I gave it to him. If he wants EVIDENCE and studies I will also hand that to him. NO PROBLEM.

Your conspiracy theories are just fucking boring, as someone who has studied and still keep physics as a main interest: please stop talking about science as if it is possible to manipulate 97% of climate scientists to lie or "publish or perish" the same conslusion. That's not how the sciences are done. Sorry to burst your bubble.

We are seeing LOCAL temperature lows around the globe, yes, but the GLOBE is warming up. See the difference? Local = climate change. Global WARMING. ITS STILL FUCKING WARMING GLOBALLY HENCE THE NAME GLOBAL WARMING. PLease can you please understand this?
People like you are the reason they had to change the name to "climate change" because people like you are too scientifically illiterate to understand that GLOBAL means GLOBAL and not your backyard.

I can't fucking continue this discussion. You are not worthy
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:35:44 AM

It's better to burn the money or spend it directly on the Nxt economy (marketing or development bounties).

Yep. Every spending must benefit Nxt economy in a maximum possible way. With this money we can have stands and speakers on all conferences within at least the next couple of years and develop lots of new features. Probably we won't even be able to spend all 10M ever beacuse it would be too big money to spend.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:44:34 AM

Its *NOT* the GW debate...read the post, carefully avoided Global Warming completely.

Right. If one time gw is confirmed and accepted by 95% of people we'll play this card. For now it's 50/50.

The problem Uniqueorn, is that real science is NOT done by consensus. If that were the case, then we'd still think that the earth was at the center of the universe... I could go on and on with examples of why consensus has no place in the scientific method. Furthermore, I need to point out the MASSIVE incentive governments have in paying scientists to come up with the statistics they want people to see. Don't you see just what kind of money is involved in 'carbon taxing' every single person on earth?... Right now we're seeing record low temperatures all over the world. They changed 'global warming' to 'climate change', and I'm sorry... but the earth's climate has been changing for something like 4.5 billion years.

and second: If people want to agree that the earth's climate is changing in a negative way, that's fine. Just DON'T steal peoples money through taxation in an attempt to fix the problem. It won't work. Yeah, plant some trees or something. But FORCE is NEVER the answer.

WHY THE MOTHERFUCKING CUNTBUGGLE DO YOU BRING UP TAXES AND FORCE? This has NOTHING to do with NXT.

Climate change has ALL the emperical evidence on it's side. He asked for consensus and I gave it to him. If he wants EVIDENCE and studies I will also hand that to him. NO PROBLEM.

Your conspiracy theories are just fucking boring, as someone who has studied and still keep physics as a main interest: please stop talking about science as if it is possible to manipulate 97% of climate scientists to lie or "publish or perish" the same conslusion. That's not how the sciences are done. Sorry to burst your bubble.

We are seeing LOCAL temperature lows around the globe, yes, but the GLOBE is warming up. See the difference? Local = climate change. Global WARMING. ITS STILL FUCKING WARMING GLOBALLY HENCE THE NAME GLOBAL WARMING. PLease can you please understand this?
People like you are the reason they had to change the name to "climate change" because people like you are too scientifically illiterate to understand that GLOBAL means GLOBAL and not your backyard.

Man, c'mon, be reasonable. Even if it is warming, so what? It may start cooling today or tomorrow and will continue cooling for the next 500 years. There were times when the whole globe was covered with ice and times when it was so hot that almost every living thing died. And by the way lots of such things will happen in the future. And Nxt can't prevent warming or cooling. There are reasons for thing like that happen and human is not one of them.

Did you know that all people with all what we created: cars, roads, trains, buildings and other stuff can fit in a cube box with 7 km (4.35 miles) side? Basically we're not even exist. We're just a small piece of dust under nail.

dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:46:01 AM

Evildave's idea is genious marketing.

If it is, I'd say let's go for it. But put GW away. Because lots of people hate hearing about it.

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:46:23 AM

From here on out anyone who wants to debate global warming: prove to me that you can read a peer reviewed paper. If not shut the motherfuck up
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:49:57 AM

From here on out anyone who wants to debate global warming: prove to me that you can read a peer reviewed paper. If not shut the motherfuck up

My main point is not that gw is bullshit. My point is that 50% people (or even more) think it's bullshit and I don't want any mention of it with Nxt.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:50:48 AM

If it is, I'd say let's go for it. But put GW away. Because lots of people hate hearing about it.

IF GW is not related at all to this i am all for this marketing idea!

(Personally, people in europe all agree with GW, i guess the debate is only here because of the US school system failing to educate common sense)

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 01:52:12 AM

Man, c'mon, be reasonable. Even if it is warming, so what? It may start cooling today or tomorrow and will continue cooling for the next 500 years. There were times when the whole globe was covered with ice and times when it was so hot that almost every living thing died. And by the way lots of such things will happen in the future. And Nxt can't prevent warming or cooling. There are reasons for thing like that happen and human is not one of them.

Did you know that all people with all what we created: cars, roads, trains, buildings and other stuff can fit in a cube box with 7 km (4.35 miles) side?
I dont care if it is true, false or in between
This topic clearly gets attention
This means a lot of mileage from campaign that taps into all this
I think some danger of tarnishing nxt in the eyes of some people, but the sheer amount of exposure this creates could make if very cost effective use of funds
All publicity is good publicity
Regardless of which side one debates this, nxt is there saving energy vs bitcoin and all pow

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:52:17 AM

My main point is not that gw is bullshit. My point is that 50% people (or even more) think it's bullshit and I don't want any mention of it with Nxt.

I am not trying to make NXT political at all. But to censor ourselves and science in order to appeal to the masses is just downright pathetic of a cryptocurrency that is supposedly a part of a revolution.

Like I said more than a week ago, Google "Bitcoin + Emissions" and you will see why I have begun a marketing campaign on this part. I got mathematicians doing the math on NXT vs Bitcoin in terms of emissions.
I have www.bitcarbon.org onboard too.
This is a free marketing oppourtunity for NXT and just because it'll offend some rednecks should not be reason enough to stop us from pursuing it.
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:55:21 AM

Thx, buybitcoinscanada  Embarrassed

+1 dzarmush
I really tried very hard to avoid GW in the proposal, and we should avoid it in the marketing of NXT as well.

But if we can truly say that NXT is cleaner than a Priuses arse, that NXT is being used to do good things like planting trees, making our air cleaner and helping out poor people, then we will have the entire "green" world rushing to our door, waving dollar bills.
How many people bought Priuses last year ?

We need the mainstream and green marketing is a very powerful tool to get to them.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:56:43 AM

(Personally, people in europe all agree with GW, i guess the debate is only here because of the US school system failing to educate common sense)

Common sense says it's fake.
1. The globe is too big to be warming up because of us.
2. They show us this lousy graphic for the last 150 years. It 0.00000033% of Earth life. You really think anybody can do conclusions based of it? Then there's something wrong with your common sense.

xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:57:48 AM

Code:
Wow, chill.

SHA256 hash = 16e6bac037d9a8ee8fdb9eb567cf9adbd7e4f0811ed9447236e0ba58bc24f63f

Token = qcguom8ifi6oic0qr609uo6hsds4f2r68g898vmpq920p7tjbk5vu6v59g000uo0tjrps6de1gmbhal l2ha2qk9j65lcop6eg014rbjjfoo0moj24rvtinq991d3v5g22ghkt3uq00je0j9f8gqk4qh6smchre lg

Click to check the token

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Voluntold

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:59:49 AM

Whoa there. You mad Bro?

First of all, I can tell you that the first person in any argument to resort to insults, automatically loses. It means that you don't have anything to bring to the table. Yeah, I get your "argument" about global means global. I never claimed to be an expert on climate science, but I DO know that consensus has NO place in the scientific method, which you didn't adress. Why don't you read up a little on Nazi Germany science, and then tell me about "conspiracy theories" when it comes to scientific consensus?... And lastly, that's fine if you want to think that global warming is man made. Just once again, don't take anyone's money through force (taxation). It's immoral, and quite frankly the reason war exists.

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
dzarmush
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:00:48 AM

I am not trying to make NXT political at all. But to censor ourselves and science in order to appeal to the masses is just downright pathetic of a cryptocurrency that is supposedly a part of a revolution.

Like I said more than a week ago, Google "Bitcoin + Emissions" and you will see why I have begun a marketing campaign on this part. I got mathematicians doing the math on NXT vs Bitcoin in terms of emissions.
I have www.bitcarbon.org onboard too.
This is a free marketing oppourtunity for NXT and just because it'll offend some rednecks should not be reason enough to stop us from pursuing it.

That's fantastic Nxt saves energy. It really is. The air is better and all. And people will like it. That's why guys are gonna show rasp pi with solar panel.

xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:04:15 AM

NXT MAINSTREAM ADOPTION STRATEGY

Steps:

1) Push Anonymous Messaging ONLY on WORLD CLASS DESIGNED ANDROID/IPHONE APPS (OUR FLAGSHIP APPS).

2) Make these APPS available on Google Play/App Store.

3) USE the current market situation to our advantage AS NO ONE IS NOW SURE ABOUT USING THERE MOBILE FOR SECURE COMMUNICATION....The NSA sent us a blessing in disguise....AN UNTAPPED MARKET.

4) Once Nxt Messaging has gained a strong following 100,000 - 500,000 downloads we start to Unlock/roll out other features of NXT ....ie. auction/storage/payment/Asset exchange/marketplace etc....thru regular updates once users start using the messaging app they become lock into the larger NXT ecosystem.

5) My real world examples are LINE & WECHAT....both started as msg apps but NOW OFFER IN APP PAYMENTS.

Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xioami sold 100,000 smartphones inside the WECHAT messaging app last month.

The above is a Strategy for gaining MAINSTREAM ADOPTION which will give us payment possibilities without the need to push payment as our main selling point....this is be a unique approach for a crypto currency.

BUMP

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:05:36 AM

All respect to everyone, we really gotta drop the GW topic right out of this thread. Its not going to get us anywhere.

Agreed. Start a thread somewhere else and link to it here. I'm tired of all these quote pyramids.

We can all agree that most energy production pollutes, less pollution is better and more trees are better. Right?   Grin

Yes we can. <3 trees.  Smiley

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:06:47 AM

Whoa there. You mad Bro?

First of all, I can tell you that the first person in any argument to resort to insults, automatically loses. It means that you don't have anything to bring to the table. Yeah, I get your "argument" about global means global. I never claimed to be an expert on climate science, but I DO know that consensus has NO place in the scientific method, which you didn't adress. Why don't you read up a little on Nazi Germany science, and then tell me about "conspiracy theories" when it comes to scientific consensus?... And lastly, that's fine if you want to think that global warming is man made. Just once again, don't take anyone's money through force (taxation). It's immoral, and quite frankly the reason war exists.

You *really* take the cake, eat it, shit it out and eat it again. So you think that by insulting someone the rest of the valid arguments become invalid? Hahaa that's a fallacy fallacy. Cute, long time since I seen it Smiley
And if you read my post you will already know that I raped and impregnated your reasoning on the matter. You actually thought that the consensus had shifted from global warming to climate change because of "record lows". You don't even understand rudimentary science and then you want to discredit 97% of experts? Jesus... And I already told you why I brought up consensus, Dzar was SPECIFICALLY asking for it. I never said "Global warming is true due to consensus" so that's just a strawman fallacy to accompany your other fallacies.

The fact that you bring up the Nazi argument is just so funny that Occam Razor force me to think you are at roll.
I will never ever answer another message from you.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 02:08:16 AM

Common sense says it's fake.
1. The globe is too big to be warming up because of us.
2. They show us this lousy graphic for the last 150 years. It 0.00000033% of Earth life. You really think anybody can do conclusions based of it? Then there's something wrong with your common sense.

You must be USamerican, right?

Ever wondered why a big majority of the leading scientists agree that we HAVE impact on our nature?

I don't wanna sound douchey, but there is a reason why the most intelligent people on this planet are able to get it , and the "i believe in angels" and "creationism is true" nation is ignoring this.

Pages: « 1 ... 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: