Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:50:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:39:57 AM

NXT MAINSTREAM ADOPTION STRATEGY

Steps:

1) Push Anonymous Messaging ONLY on WORLD CLASS DESIGNED ANDROID/IPHONE APPS (OUR FLAGSHIP APPS).

2) Make these APPS available on Google Play/App Store.

3) USE the current market situation to our advantage AS NO ONE IS NOW SURE ABOUT USING THERE MOBILE FOR SECURE COMMUNICATION....The NSA sent us a blessing in disguise....AN UNTAPPED MARKET.

4) Once Nxt Messaging has gained a strong following 100,000 - 500,000 downloads we start to Unlock/roll out other features of NXT ....ie. auction/storage/payment/Asset exchange/marketplace etc....thru regular updates once users start using the messaging app they become lock into the larger NXT ecosystem.

5) My real world examples are LINE & WECHAT....both started as msg apps but NOW OFFER IN APP PAYMENTS.

Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xioami sold 100,000 smartphones inside the WECHAT messaging app last month.

The above is a Strategy for gaining MAINSTREAM ADOPTION which will give us payment possibilities without the need to push payment as our main selling point....this is be a unique approach for a crypto currency.

BUMP

and WeChat is owned by Tencent, MAJOR allies with the Communist Party of China. I'm not against Communism as whole, but the Party is against freedom in China

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:41:50 AM

Block

Does this mean CfB is having BCNext's love child merging Qubic with Nxt?  Cheesy

Really nice block btw.  Smiley

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:43:01 AM

But if we can truly say that NXT is cleaner than a Priuses arse, that NXT is being used to do good things like planting trees, making our air cleaner and helping out poor people, then we will have the entire "green" world rushing to our door, waving dollar bills.
How many people bought Priuses last year ?

We need the mainstream and green marketing is a very powerful tool to get to them.

Half people say that we need to bury mentions of GW because it turns people off. The other half want to shout from the rooftops that we are carbon free because it's a marketing gimmick.
NXT is already using low power consumption as a selling point, carbon-offset just takes this USP further. We can be greenish without getting into GW

Evil Dave you sound like every other do gooder central planner I've had to listen to throughout my life...that if we just give them free money they will remake the world in their image. You also claim a moral superiority because you want to plant trees and make a big show of helping poor people.
What moral superiority? Come on, mate. Never made any such claim, won't make any such claim.
It's not a show, clean stoves will help the 2-3 billion poor sods who cook on crap-burning stoves. Costs very little, too

What intrinsically makes planting a tree so valuable? If you have to cut down a forest to make room for low-cost housing for the poor, that you purport to care about, then who wins? What's more important? The poor people or the trees?
Not cutting down forest for housing, not part of my idea.
On poor people or trees: both could win, btw, some people, mostly women, get to spend several hours a day gathering firewood/dung/whatever to burn. Efficient stoves mean they need less fuel gathering time, for a start. More trees, easier to find fuel.

As far as carbon offsets...there's a reason hydroponics shops sell tanks of compressed carbon dioxide...it's because carbon dioxide is plant food. It helps trees grow.
Thats why i'm not banging on about CO2 levels, but about the other positive aspects of a good carbon-offset program

Suppose we cut carbon emissions, and this lead to lower agricultural outputs and an increase in starvation and famine? How would you feel if poor people starved because of your carbon offsets?
We have enough atmospheric CO2, and again, it's not all about the CO2.

You are trying to push your muddled, politically correct, views onto Nxt because you see a pile of free money sitting there for the taking.
I'm pushing a powerful marketing opportunity. The free money ain't going in my pocket, but if NXT can go mainstream and at least take LiteCoins position, I will make some serious cash.

Keep politics out of Nxt. It will only divide people. Nxt does a far better job than other cryptos and costs less in resources to do it. This is a powerful message. We don't need your carbon dioxide boogie men and the attendant politics to make that point.
This is not a political issue.......I think.

And yes, I did read your proposal. Aside from you being mealy-mouthed about global warming specifically, you conclude the same thing as all other environmentalist control freaks...that we should feel guilty about using energy and we have to make some sort of amends for the crime of being born human.
Guilty, crime....sorry, but u've lost me. Show me a quote.

I cant believe that u got all that out of my post.
Italics are mine, btw.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 02:45:02 AM

Speaking of upcoming conference in Austin, since I live here I can order t-shirts for attendants and meet them before the conference. Do we have a list of people who are going to Austin so I can contact them to have their sizes? I can also print other stuff like business cards, flyers etc.

I want to get both business cards and flyers printed for Austin but I wanted to see what got made for Berlin first.  I am really interested in a black NXT T shirt but if I'm speaking I may wear something a little more formal.  I have posted my hotel and flight info in previous posts and would love to have a meet up with you and anybody else that comes on Tues night before the conference.  

My buddy Leon Fu and I will be there also and can definitely meetup.  I'm currently working on a sales/marketing presentation that will benefit everyone at the conference and not just nxt since I'm not qualified to speak about the technical aspects of nxt.  If I get approved to speak, i will let everyone know.  I was able to get my colleague to speak at the San Jose Conference so I don't see it being a challenge to get on stage.

Image is everything so we plan on dressing "formal" as well and NOT show up in a t-shirt and hoody.

Tai Zen

You guys know it's $300+ to get in the door, right?

If we accomplish what we set out to do (promote nxt) then the $300 ticket will not be an issue when we're done at the event... :-)

You were able to track down the thieves with your MIT background and I'm confident you will do your part to promote nxt at the Texas Bitcoin Conference so we're not worried. :-)

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
EvilDave

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:49:43 AM

That went well.....not!  Huh
I'm now going to re-post the carbon-offset proposal with all of the GW-related material censored, which was only about 10% of my original post.

I think you should scratch your carbon offsets in favor of something less controversial. A proposal for subsidies to provide free abortions to the less fortunate? It will probably be less divisive.  Cheesy

Imagine the marketing opportunity if we had abortion clinics that accepted Nxt as payment.  Grin

That sounds like a laugh, but no.

Heres an idea....someone else come up with a marketing project that can have as much of an impact in terms of free publicity (if handled right) as mine and I'll listen. Might even read it.....

Voluntold

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:49:53 AM

So I guess Uniqueorn put me on ignore... Guess he doesn't want another person helping with Swarming just because I don't agree with him on GW. An issue that has very little to do with Nxt. He insulted me numerous times, and I didn't even insult him once.

I'd sure trust this guy to be in management like positions in my company *sarcasm*

Nxt:  NXT-5BHG-9VRE-QGW6-DRZVQ
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:52:42 AM

So I guess Uniqueorn put me on ignore... Guess he doesn't want another person helping with Swarming just because I don't agree with him on GW. An issue that has very little to do with Nxt. He insulted me numerous times, and I didn't even insult him once.

I'd sure trust this guy to be in management like positions in my company *sarcasm*

Omg you're such a fucking baby. Infact we have 31 swarmers at this point, the goal and funding only reaches for 30.
So if we're going to add more SWARMers I'll first have to ask the funder of this project.

I would never let a idiot interfere with my professionalism in terms of finding a job. But eventhough swarming is pretty straight forward, I do have to keep in mind what sort of people are on my SWARMing team.

Like I said: I am already in talks with authors about climate change + NXT and this will be articles we will organize SWARMings for. We can't then ahve a guy like you shouting at the author.
brooklynbtc

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:55:20 AM

I'm now going to re-post the carbon-offset proposal with all of the GW-related material censored, which was only about 10% of my original post.

I think you should scratch your carbon offsets in favor of something less controversial. A proposal for subsidies to provide free abortions to the less fortunate? It will probably be less divisive.  Cheesy

Imagine the marketing opportunity if we had abortion clinics that accepted Nxt as payment.  Grin

Heres an idea....someone else come up with a marketing project that can have as much of an impact in terms of free publicity (if handled right) as mine and I'll listen. Might even read it.....

Hey EvilDave

I think your idea is great, but I do think its an ace to be saved in our sleeves. We will always be low power. Bitcoin will always be high power.

I have an idea for marketing, low cost, and will be directly trackable so Sgt RickyJames will be able to determine the (agreeably valuable) CPC

I have Wesley working on a faucet, QBTC sent me graphics, but I need a graphic designer to help put together the cards.

Please have a read and LET ME KNOW you think

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3441.msg32673.html#msg32673

SN

Blockchain Technology.

EvilDave

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:56:50 AM

Going to bed...4.00 am.
 Hope u guys can see through the whole GW smokescreen on the issue and see the possibilities of the carbon-offset idea.

Voluntold

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:01:14 AM

Omg you're such a fucking baby. Infact we have 31 swarmers at this point, the goal and funding only reaches for 30.
So if we're going to add more SWARMers I'll first have to ask the funder of this project.

I would never let a idiot interfere with my professionalism in terms of finding a job. But eventhough swarming is pretty straight forward, I do have to keep in mind what sort of people are on my SWARMing team.

Like I said: I am already in talks with authors about climate change + NXT and this will be articles we will organize SWARMings for. We can't then ahve a guy like you shouting at the author.

I'm not going to shout at any authors. Remember that YOU were the one to originally push the global warming issue on here saying something like "I can't let this one go". If you want to promote Nxt to people who believe in GW, be my guest. I don't believe that will hurt Nxt. I just won't participate in the articles specifically aimed at GW and Nxt. I completely agree that PoS should be touted as being more energy efficient. It's great, it lowers cost tremendously. I just don't like the idea of promoting it as some huge global warming savior, that appeals to a crowd that USUALLY is all for stealing money in the name of 'mother earth'. Stealing is definitely a principle I won't cast aside.

xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:01:36 AM

Got one of these the other day:

It's a GSM modem.  So I wrote a little program to test it out.  A proof-of-concept, really.

Send a SMS text to [removed]* and account # 16228559550138619285 will copy it into the blockchain as an AM payload.  You can use NXTArea's AM Explorer to view.

I only plan to have it up for a short time as this is just a test.

I'll release the code under the GPLv3 in a little bit after I do some cleanup.  It's a mess at the moment.

BUMP

Four SMS messages in total were received and placed into the blockchain.

*Edit: test was completed at 2:00GMT on 3rd of Feb. 2014.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
EvilDave

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:01:52 AM

I think you should scratch your carbon offsets in favor of something less controversial. A proposal for subsidies to provide free abortions to the less fortunate? It will probably be less divisive.  Cheesy

Imagine the marketing opportunity if we had abortion clinics that accepted Nxt as payment.  Grin

Hey ED

I think your idea is great, but I do think its an ace to be saved in our sleeves. We will always be low power. Bitcoin will always be high power.

I have an idea for marketing, low cost, and will be directly trackable so Sgt RickyJames will be able to determine the (agreeably valuable CPC)

I have Wesley working on a faucet, QBTC sent me graphics, but I need a graphic designer to help put together the cards.

Please have a read and LET ME KNOW you think

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3441.msg32673.html#msg32673

I like it. Damelon has a promising link with some design dudes, maybe he could get these sorted out as a priority.
Now i really am going to bed, I'll have a better look later in the am.

Asian Prepper

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:13:21 AM

#1 rule in marketing is:  "Test small and then roll out big!"

Test your marketing idea on a small scale and prove that it works then bring the results back n show it to everyone and your voice will be a lot louder and you will be easily heard and you will have a better chance of getting your funding.

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
Voluntold

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:15:55 AM

Question: Has the voting thing been decided yet? Was it decided 1Nxt=1Vote?

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:18:37 AM

That is what BCnext said it should be

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
brooklynbtc

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:24:18 AM

Thus spoke Saint NCnext, Thus it shall be

SN

Blockchain Technology.

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:24:41 AM

as much as I hate all these voting discussions, I hate the GW crap 100x more.  Im glad we can all decide to just let the GW debate end.  Regardless of what side a person is on, its just too polarizing to attach to NXT.  Sure, energy efficiency, this is good but just dont even mention GW.

Im disappointed with all the swearing and personal attacks from a few of our community members.  I hate to say it but going off the deep end like that reminds me of frictionless coin
Asian Prepper

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 03:26:34 AM

Thus spoke Saint NCnext, Thus it shall be

"Roma locuta, causa finita!"

Tai Zen

brooklynbtc

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:28:32 AM

as much as I hate all these voting discussions, I hate the GW crap 100x more.  Im glad we can all decide to just let the GW debate end.  Regardless of what side a person is on, its just too polarizing to attach to NXT.  Sure, energy efficiency, this is good but just dont even mention GW.

Im disappointed with all the swearing and personal attacks from a few of our community members.  I hate to say it but going off the deep end like that reminds me of frictionless coin

Hey OC, I agree especially from Snr members, forum admins, etc. but I think everyone is getting antsy waiting for clients, updates, and to the moon!

sunday night jitters

SN

Blockchain Technology.

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:31:02 AM

If you had to go through the same debate over and over again while the other guy is refusing to listen to any arguments, then you would understand the frustration.

Swear words are nothing but collections of letters, science illiteracy is a lot worse.
Pages: « 1 ... 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 [1401] 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: