Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2593 times)
aderupoko

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:28:32 PM

I think myetherwallet.com is more convenient and popular for keeping Bitcoin secure. To use this wallet a password is required.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:33:22 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
Best way to store your bitcoins safely is the trezor hardware wallet. These are offline wallets and can only be accessed when you have attached the USB stick and along with it know your pass phrase and keys. This really is the safest way to store bitcoin so far in a way that they just can't be hacked into. Now on number two comes a simple private key wallet one like the electrum. You just need to store the private keys with you and tada your wallet just can't be hacked into. But these are still prone to key loggers while you are entering your keys. So thats why I put these on number two.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:28:48 PM

I chose a purse for myself Trezor and completely satisfied with it, I have never had any doubts about its safety.
adeola1

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:50:53 PM

The easier way to store your bitcoin and other cryptocurrency is in a digital wallet online, or locally on your smartphone or computer. But leaving your bitcoin in public view can open you up to attacks from hackers and phishing scams.
ologoff

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:56:42 PM

Best thing you can do atm is buy an hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger and hide the 24 recovery words in a safe place imho
Pyr3x

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:02:11 PM

I prefer to use cold wallets, as they are considered to be the most secure. Therefore, my choice fell on the Trezor, I use it for quite a long time and I like everything.

[/quote]

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█       P A X F U L       █  █        ЛУЧШAЯ P2P ПЛATФOPMA ДЛЯ CДEЛOК C БИTКOИHOM         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█  █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
13risingforce

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

Maybe by making a lot of wallet and dividing all your coins into all the wallet you have can reduce a little risk of losing coins.
hidhowu2

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:01:05 PM

the best way i know that you can store your coins is by using an hardware wallet
Chicksteen

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:04:35 PM

i guess the best way to store bitcoin safely is stored it on a hard wallet.
but you need money to buy hard wallet, it is not free.

Yes. The best way to store bitcoin safely is  by using  the hardware wallet like the nano ledger or the trezor. The hardware wallet is offering the best possible security to the holders of the coin. Even if it doesn't support the visibility of all the coins that are visible on the market charts you can manually input the code of the coin you wish to transfer to the hardware wallet. This wallet also offers the connection with the online wallets and it can connect itself with them and make them more secured with its private key. The best thing is that you can receive Bitcoins if you ain't connected to the internet. I hope you will find the suitable wallet for your Bitcoins.
Crytptomeniac

Activity: 240

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:22:18 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2018, 11:03:47 PM by Crytptomeniac

I think the best way to store BTC is through cold storage, its almost impossible to get hacked while i cold storage There are however a number of options to Keep BTC safe,you can use Hardware wallets,These wallets keep your coins off the internet and away from the hackers reach, they also give you complete control of your coins, giving you the ability to confirm all the transaction that goes through your wallet.  You can chose to use Trezor or the Ledger Nano S
Bestthefriend

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:27:02 PM

There are quite a number of ways to store BTC that guarantees safety, they include coldstorage and hrdware wallets, you however have to be cautious on how you encrypt your wallets  guarantee safety
Faithgg

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:53:50 AM

Some of the most prominent thefts have been those that have taken place in plain sight: a recent hack rerouted tokens bound for one wallet for another. The victims watched as their tokens were stolen away from them, with nothing they could do about it.
Here are a few ways to store your Bitcoins that may be safer than others. Read more: What are the Safest Ways to Store Bitcoin?
Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoin-safe-storage-cold-wallet/#ixzz5GmnJa12e
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:23:13 AM

I think thats a good advise. I am prefer using hard wallet to store all my coin/token. Its not connected with internet and can store many different coin/token. Beside that, its small and we can carry to anywhere

boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:40:23 AM

On my opinion the best way to store bitcoin safely is to choose a good partner in storing this or in other worlds to choose a best wallet. As the cryto currencies arise also those wallets follow thru, we can say that there are more wallet rather than crypto currencies on this day because this is one of the easiest way to incorporate your business with bitcoin and the other crypto currencies. The real question now is that what the best wallet now because they are so many. In my opinion or what are I am doing is I choose the wallet which has a lot of users even they are charging much on the rebates and other charges.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:17:02 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
For me! I think!
Use a hardware dongle, use a multisig wallet, or on a computer without an internet connection or a peripheral device that can not transmit data to the outside.
bad_apple

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:19:32 AM

In my opinion, the best ways to store bitcoin safely is by acquiring different types of wallet for your coins. Also, to be more safe and sure, always backup your "private keys" and other "files" in order for your "wallets" to be more secured. Try also reading articles about cyber security for you to learn some efficient ways to be safe while surfing the world of internet.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:50:57 AM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick

For me the best way to store bitcoin is in the hardware wallet because this designed to store private keys of your coins in an offline setting.
Bugcoin5

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:22:22 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
Many investors are new to the system and may not know how to keep their investments secure, hackers are coming up with ingenious ways of stealing funds.when it comes best way Bitcoin store Paper wallet A paper wallet is also a relatively safe way of storing Bitcoin, although it requires a bit more advanced understanding of how digital currencies work.
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:25:37 PM

the best way to get your bitcoin safe is to make sure 2fa sure is that it's not just as easy as any bitcoin to steal and most of the sellers 2fa really puts in order not to just hack your wallet and get your bitcoin
HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:51:13 PM

Use hardware wallet to make your bitcoin safe.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: