Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2579 times)
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:51:09 PM

Hard wallet is cool but if you cant afford it, just download a wallet you will have access to its private key and the pk should be save offline to avoid any form of phissing or hack.. 
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aztek

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:51:20 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
Nothing less than a ledger nano i will recommend surely it will be much and a lot safer than the other wallet than is traditionally use like online wallet of something like coinbase etc. this kind of wallet are good and excellent and still one day your today could justs gone because it is control by a lot of companies etc so it is safe but one people get scam will not make an impact in there business or company ledger is more like of an offline wallet so it is safe for hackers.
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:51:46 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick

its ok
If you download a Bitcoin core wallet and save the wallet someone safe in ur computer or another pc/laptop which is offline then you're good to go.
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:00:05 PM

Even if it doesn't support the visibility of all the coins that are visible on the market charts you can manually input the code of the coin you wish to transfer to the hardware wallet.It can be a paper wallet which is private keys on a paper or a desktop wallet that is installed on an offline computer. Hardware wallet is more secure then online wallet. Many people use hardware wallet to keep safe there bitcoin safe. Online wallet also good but hardware wallet is best. You have to pay some money for keep your bitcoin in hardware wallet.
teekitti

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:59:38 PM

Great way to safe.....
Thank you for the whole information.
Love it
Vincent Wright

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:42:06 AM

If you want to keep your bitcoin offline but don’t want to deal with a hardware wallet, you might want to consider a paper wallet instead. This is really just a piece of paper with your public and private keys printed on it, which can be used to access your bitcoin. If you don’t plan on touching your bitcoin for a while then a paper wallet is a good option. Just make sure you put your paper wallet somewhere very safe and then don’t forget where it is.
cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:49:27 AM

The best way is to spend some money and buy a hardware wallet. If looking for free option then you can consider exodus, which is a desktop wallet, and free online wallet is blockchain.info and coinbase.

kasemin

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:59:51 AM

There is a great way to save your Bitcoin but one thing you should emphasize is the safety of your coins, this should always be a priority all the time. Another popular method is to use a hardware purse but for that you have to buy one that will cost you but you can be safer than using a hot wallet but at the same time you can continue to use the funds in it as often as possible. What you need.
Suprittandon

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:11:44 AM

There are the following best way to store bitcoin safely.

Desktop Wallet
Hardware Wallet
Paper Wallet
somtandon2015
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:21:43 AM

These are the following best way to store Bitcoin safely.

Electronic wallets
Software wallet
Online wallet
Mobile wallets
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:38:54 AM

I think that's the right way, but is it dangerous to give your bitcoin to the computer you are using at this time could be exposed to a virus that is encrypted with a thief code so as to make your private key stolen better you store in blockchain.com after that you print out private key you have.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
fendi09

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:14:19 AM

we have to emphasize that coins our secure this must be a top priority along waktu.dengan that we should use a wallet to store but it takes funds in order to use as often as possible
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:17:27 AM

a good ways to store your Bitcoins but one thing that you must emphasize on is the security of your coins,this should always be given priority at all the time we all have preferences when it comes to the choice of wallet we use some will settle for web based  MEW because of the rapid transaction speed and efficiency for the sake of proper security, I'd settle for Hardware wallets which are not as prone to hacking as Web base wallets store your crypto offline making it impossible for a stranger to access it....
cedrixperez

Activity: 149
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:39:04 AM

Here in our country we use coins.ph and I don't have any problem by using this, but in international wallets you could store your bitcoins in hardware wallets I think its much safer than online wallets.
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:53:14 AM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
I would say that the best way to store your Bitcoins safely would be by buying a hardware wallet. No other option is as secure as a hardware wallet. But if you cant afford it than storing all your coins on a separate OS/PC which you haven't used before would be a safe option. Also don't do any thing other than your Bitcoin transactions on that PC.
SamantaPinkeralspink

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:28:25 AM

I still think using a cold wallet like nano ledger or trezor is the verry best option.
staceyrita

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 10:55:14 AM

what can be a guarantee of security of the tutorials you share? Can you show me how safe the wallet is? because I've been using MEW (MetaMask).
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:00:31 AM

what can be a guarantee of security of the tutorials you share? Can you show me how safe the wallet is? because I've been using MEW (MetaMask).

use the bitcoin client in your pc is safe ways, we all here know about the bitcoin client and it safe, what is MEW? myetherwallet? myetherwallet is not like the metamask, its totally different, because it come from different website and different company. so what did you use?

rawr1620

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:05:43 AM

one way to store bitcoin safely is by using wallets i use wallets mostly for bounty campaigns and every so often i change my wallets in order to keep it secure.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:09:46 AM

Hard wallet is cool but if you cant afford it, just download a wallet you will have access to its private key and the pk should be save offline to avoid any form of phissing or hack..  
I think don't too complicated to use a variety of wallets like hardware wallet or etc, I've been using online wallets for years, but I've
never had a hacking problem, I just added 2fa to every wallet account I have, and I have different passwords for each account
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: