Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:21:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2579 times)
jayo89

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:36:55 PM

I think the best way to store coins is a hardware purse that hackers can not get to! But it is important that you yourself behave carefully on the Internet!

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:26:44 AM

The best way to store bitcoin safely is to have a hardware wallet like the trezor wallet, ledger nano s and also keepkey those are just the few examples of hardware wallet that you can use to store bitcoin safely which is a good practice also in holding because it is not that easy and fast to withdraw bitcoin like in the online wallets.
Kuya Kim

Activity: 160
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:31:51 AM

I the best wau to store your Bitcoin is through ledger wallet, it is recommended than other online wallets; I also do research about it and I could say that it is safer among the rest.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:59:05 AM

you basically want a cold storage and to be safe you have to first learn advantages and disadvantages of each method and then learn how to use them in the safest way possible.
for example one of the popular methods is paper wallet, for that you don't really need a separate PC, you can always use a live Linux on a DVD with your internet disconnected and you can use a tool like bitaddress.org source code or any other bitcoin wallet that allows you to export your private keys. then print it on a paper but remember to laminate the paper so that it can last longer.
the disadvantage of this method is that spending these funds is time consuming so it is best used for long term storage that you don't want to touch often.

the other popular method is using a hardware wallet but for that you have to buy one which is going to cost you but you can be safer than using a hot wallet but at the same time you can continue using the funds you have in it as often as you like.

so do you think it's safer to use hardware purse method than with storage cold  and paper wallet method?
indeed something safer sometimes have to pay more.
I think everything can be safe, only we as the user who must be careful. but there is no harm if it wants to feel more secure by using a hardware wallet.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:02:59 AM

I the best wau to store your Bitcoin is through ledger wallet, it is recommended than other online wallets; I also do research about it and I could say that it is safer among the rest.

No hardware are safe on the internet especially when you are not taking care of it, that is proven by a lot of people now and I think even if you have a good Ledger wallet, if you will not be taking care of it, it does not matter.

Taking care of our wallets is our responsibility but taking care of it is hard especially if people know you have a lot. There are a lot of ways to secure your wallet, you just need to search them online but you still need to be careful.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:08:40 AM

I think the bestway to store bitcoin is through hardware wallet. Because hackers cant get through it, its hard to hack in hardware wallet. And i think my bitcoin in hardware wallet is safe.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:17:56 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
I think you are using the best security purse today. The wallet is one of the most secure and unaffected by hackers.
I have many friends using Ledger Nano S cold wallet and its security is absolute. They have been in the Crypto market for over 2 years and have never been hacked.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
btc02190110

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:21:42 AM

You can use multiple E wallets. I recommend multiple wallets for the own safety of your money.. Storing all of your btc in one wallet is risky.. And also you can exchange them to your country's currency and get to your bank.. It is way more secure than keeping in an e wallet.... Smiley
MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:52:33 AM

For me the best and the most secure way to store your bitcoins and even altcoins if you are planning also to store one in the future is through using ledgers. These are specialized storage that offers much better security compared to regular on-line cryptocurrency wallet.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
judel_2018

Activity: 87

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:55:15 AM

Hi again
I just wanted to let you guys that have been recommending the hardware wallets,
I was going to buy the ledger nano s tonight until I read there is security issues with them, Ive just made a post here regarding the Ledger Nano S https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3630923

We should be carefull of our Bitcoin password or your private key. In order to keep it safety we put our important documents in a wallet that are not knowing or letting of others so that it will not lost.
Briella18

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:06:34 AM

To store bitcoins safely can use online digital wallets, but if your bitcoin is publicly displayed, it can lead to attacks of hacking and fraud. Then the best option is to use hardware that can store your bitcoin offline.
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:45:09 AM

In my opinion, there are some safe ways to Bitcoin:
Use a core wallet on a computer that does not have an internet connection and peripherals can transmit data outside!
Use a hard wallet that supports Bitcoin and altcoin.
Use mutisig wallet requires multiple signatures to confirm the transaction
+ Some other ways, ...
TommyJr

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:17:05 AM

Can't we store our bitcoin in hard ware wallets i heard it is very safe.
jhonvir666

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:25:29 AM

The best resourceful way to store bitcoins requires where you can download all the best wallets throughout cryptocurrency. I'd rather use coins and replace a pH so that you can store lots of bitcoins so that everyone is safe and secure Always keep a safe place in many places, especially the private key to know that one can damage your wallets. so store your bitcoin safely ... that's the right thing to do.
jchav010101

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:42:05 AM

We all know that there would be always at risk in storing in a decentralized and online based system so it is better to lessen the risk by not limiting ourselves on the way we could store our bitcoin.To store bitcoins safely can use online digital wallets but if your bitcoin is publicly displayed it can lead to attacks of hacking and fraud.Then the best option is to use hardware that can store your bitcoin offline.
mdrakibul

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:28:56 AM

There are many ways to secure your Bitcoin.The advice given is not necessarily bad, but they exclude many other options. For example, they do not take into account your use case.we all have preferences when it comes to the choice of wallet we use. some will settle for web based  MEW because of the rapid transaction speed and efficiency, Bu for the sake of proper security, I'd settle for Hardware wallets which are not as prone to hacking as Web base wallets.You can use Ledger nano wallet, because i think this is the most simple and secure type of btc wallet.
steelzeppelin

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:32:18 AM

Paper wallets that are properly generated offline and securely stored are immune to hacking/malware/etc. The idea is you never enter the private key into a networked computer until you're ready to spend the Bitcoin, and even then you can sign the transaction on the offline computer and transfer it to an online computer for transmission using software like Armory. The only way they could be compromised is by physically stealing the printed private key, or perhaps a weakness in the cryptography.

How paranoid are you?

If you're not very paranoid, you could use a web based generator like http://papercoin.org/ to generate a paper wallet. Ideally you should audit the JavaScript source code, use your browser's private browsing mode, and disconnect from the internet while generating and printing paper wallets.

If you're somewhat paranoid, you should boot a machine using a Linux live CD, generate the paper wallet, print it, and shutdown the machine, all while completely disconnected from the internet. See: Creating the ultimate Bitcoin Paper Wallet

If you're very paranoid you'd use an N-of-M scheme to generate M keys, any N of which could be used to recover the actual private key (e.x. 2-of-3, or 3-of-5), and you'd distribute the keys to M different safety deposit boxes

If you're extremely paranoid you'd destroy the computer and printer after generating your paper wallets. Or just compute your paper wallets by some rolling dice and performing the math by hand Smiley
MisterStylish

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:34:51 AM

For the best security, you require cold storage. Cold storage in the blockchain realm simply means a device that is disconnected from the Internet. This is the toughest security measure possible to safeguard any crypto-investment from the prying interests of hackers.

Even if your wallet were to fall into the wrong hands, cold storage solutions offer high-end encryption to deter even the toughest hacks.
MarioV

Activity: 2254
Merit: 709

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:40:24 AM

In my opinion the best way is always a Hardware Wallet. Of course you have to have something to give us up, for the small change is not worth the expense.
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:09:02 AM

Hardware wallets for me. It combines the features of cold storage and a digital wallet. You get to store your crypto offline, but should you need to make a transaction, you can quickly do so by simply plugging it in your computer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: