Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2579 times)
doch

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:47:37 PM

Blockchain is the best wallet to store bitcoin. As well as you can use offline hardware wallet to keep your bitcoin safe. Offline wallets are hard to hack. So with the use of offline wallet you can get an assurity of safety.
That is still risk there, one can easily hack your account to me i think that the best way is to store your bitcoin in a hard disk but must make it sure that you have a best qualiity hard disk because once it become corrupted you can lose all your bitcoin and it is even not possible to recover it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigblackdeck45

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:09:23 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
This is a good read right here. Thanks for this information, a lot of newbies and less experienced have now ideas on how to keep their bitcoins safe. I believe though that no matter how secure your wallet is if you are not practicing safety then you will likely get hacked. Always practice safety and keep you passwords secure all the time.
bungsoh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:15:36 AM

One popular method is to use a hardware wallet but for that, you have to buy one that will cost you but you can be safer than using a hot wallet but at the same time you can continue to use the funds that are in it as often as possible. as you please.
uberwala

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:26:15 AM

the way it seems to be correct and with this information hopefully can provide knowledge and can be a solution for new traders who have bitcoin much in order to be more secure to store bitcoin owned.
gbccoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:54:53 AM

That’s a good topic. To keep bitcoin safe is a very important thing. To keep it safe,you have to keep your wallet safe.And to keep your wallet safe you should might choose a qualified and best suggested wallet and some software like metamask etc. And also keep the password and important documents in a offline hard drive. And never in a online drive.
market-beta

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:27:56 AM

if I always keep it in Wallet. then I provide additional security like Google authenticator. and always clean my hp and lektop from an unclear virus. and I always remove apps whose source is not clear. and do not do a stout action such as opening an asset in a public place.
mendra_2009

Activity: 429

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:39:47 AM

Blockchain is the best way to store bitcoins safely, so far I have saved my bitcoin through blockchain and never had any problems to this day. Most importantly, never someone else knows the password gmail, and password bitcoin account that we have, then no one can steal the bitcoin we have.

thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:48:15 AM

Blockchain is the best way to store bitcoins safely, so far I have saved my bitcoin through blockchain and never had any problems to this day. Most importantly, never someone else knows the password gmail, and password bitcoin account that we have, then no one can steal the bitcoin we have.

A lot of people are using it but it doesn't mean that it is completely safe, it is hackable, and if I remember it correctly, blockhain was already hacked by hackers and millions of dollars has been stolen from all of the people whoo store their Bitcoin in Blockchain. Hardware wallets is more secure than web wallets I must say, but it depends on where you are comfortable.

Hardware wallets might cost a little but it is good if you are looking on using it in the long run.
Femhab

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:54:58 AM

One of the best way to safe BTC is on cold wallet because of the private key compared to the online wallet that may got hacked by hackers through pishing and some other sort of attack. When using cold wallet, one should be sure to safe the private key because once the private key is lost, there is no way to retrieve the key or the coins inside the wallet.

imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:00:45 AM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
The best way stores the bitcoin safely. Split your bitcoin into the different 1. Download BTC client. 3 Create an address on the Person computer without internet. 5. All the information should be written on the paper with plastic and put it in the place that you are the only one knows it. You can also tell your family. In case of emergency, they can use your money for a health problem or whatever it is.
joey alexander

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:11:42 AM

best option is hardware wallets. I had always thought they were silly toys. Boy was I wrong. They are the Holy Grail of Bitcoin storage and use.
There are three main hardware wallets worth looking at: Trezor, Keepkey, and Ledger Nano S. They all do the same basic thing, but in different ways. They create the cryptographic private key on the device itself. This takes all the concern about hacking and trojans away.
If I want to spend Bitcoin that is secured by a hardware wallet, I open up any wallet app on my PC that can work with a hardware Bitcoin wallet. I type a PIN code directly onto the hardware wallet itself, using buttons on the device. Then I give permission for the PC wallet app to access the public Bitcoin wallet address on the hardware device. At that point, I can see how much Bitcoin I control, and a transaction history.
marlonbatotoy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:34:00 PM

In this time we can protect our wallet from the hackers. But sometimes even you protect it properly hacker has a chance of stealing your coin by using malware.. For me the best way to protect it is to open your wallet in your personal computer.. And dont try to click any ads i your online..
adjong

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:15:48 PM

for me the best deposit in coins.ph because it's very easy to use and it's safe to keep it safe especially if you have accumulated a great amount of time you can use it sometimes at a time to grow. Also use the elecricity bill and even Your bank may be withdraw.
aliichaudhary

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:24:33 PM

Hard wallet is best to store bitcoin. But it cost money to purchase a hard wallet
gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:32:36 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick

Your way is the best way to store bitcoin safely because that is the only need to do so that it will not be hacked or lost. I suggest also to you is that do not trust others because there is a chance that even you hide it but you tell somebody it will be hacked because there is a people that willing to do everything just to get what they want.

Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:45:29 PM

Hard wallet is best to store bitcoin. But it cost money to purchase a hard wallet
No doubt that hard wallet is the best to store bitcoin, but we must remember that hard wallet requires extra power and care, for me to use web wallet like coinbase is a more practical option, the most important is we activate all the security features provided.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:49:53 PM

As what majority of crypto enthusiast and experts say, it's better to have your crypto assets in a hard wallet because it's more secure than that of online crypto wallets. But why spend money just to store your crypto assets? I am using online wallet like myetherwallet and all is going well until now. Security and safety always comes from ourselves because if we are so careless, your crypto assets is still not safe.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
brianross7

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:00:25 PM

Currently, hacker are coming up with wisely way of stealing funds.so i think hardware wallet and paper wallet is best way to keep your BTC safely.
Hot wallets are never completely secure. you must have strong password and alway check before any transaction
Fidelityman

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:04:32 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick

I will suggest you use paper wallet to store it because online storage can go wrong sometimes..
Pasnik

Activity: 649
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 02:07:04 PM

for me the best deposit in coins.ph because it's very easy to use and it's safe to keep it safe especially if you have accumulated a great amount of time you can use it sometimes at a time to grow. Also use the elecricity bill and even Your bank may be withdraw.
Well don't rely much on coins.ph better not to store much btc in an online wallet as this may possible cause of hacking. Although coins.ph has many usage but think of a safe wallet where to kept our btc. Always look for other options to store your btc aside from coins.ph.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: