Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 01:02:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to store Bitcoin safely ?  (Read 2593 times)
auliani2000aa

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:27:14 PM

when the Bitcoin crypto currency is at the forefront of the moment. Now many people are investing in bitcoins. So it is very important to keep the bitcoin currency very safe. there are several ways to store bitcoins safely and comfortably. the first in the desktop Wallet, the hardware wallet, the paper wallet is one of the safest ways to store bitcoin currencies.
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:38:32 PM

The hardware purse is a relatively new storage method for bitcoins. It is a small electronic device that fits easily in your pocket and stores secret keys in such a way that they can not be removed. The hardware wallet functions similarly to the offline computer described earlier. However, it is certainly more convenient, because you can insert it into a computer connected to the Internet.
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:39:49 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

1. Download latest BTC client
2. move to a pc not connected to the internet.
3. Create an address on that PC without internet.
4. Send fund to address created on PC with no internet access.
5. Save keys in safe place Smiley

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
It is really good if you have bitcoin wallet that has private key. You can ensure that your bitcoins are safe because you are the only one who can access your wallet because of the private key that you have. Choose bitcoin wallet that has high security for you to ensure that your bitcoins are safe.

astralliam

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:45:57 PM

Are services where people pay to have their coin stored for them and are reliably insured in the even the keep gets hacked/messes up?
East2011

Activity: 454
Merit: 10

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:46:55 PM

Any wallets are prone to hacking. So its hard to store bitcoin safely. And i think its all up to us bitcoin holders on how we can make our bitcoin more safer.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:48:01 PM

There are many ways to keep all your btc securely, you can also use the password to make the transaction is also very helpful to remove your btc hacking, so I think the second password is very helpful for us
Ad Baculum

Activity: 175
Merit: 23

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:52:07 PM

Hi guys
I know this might sound like a newbie question, but Ive not had enough bitcoin to think about putting any in cold storage since Cryptsy ripped me off when they went down Sad
But just lately ive built myself back up a bit, and just need to check my understanding of a creating a cold wallet is correct ? This is what I think was the best way but im not sure Huh

Also I was wondering if there are any 100% safe third party wallets that enable quick access if needed ?

Sorry if my question has been covered many times, but I just don't want to make a big mistake.

Thanks
Rick
Simple creating wallet will really help you to keep your bitcoin safe and secure. By creating wallet you can fully manage your bitcoin on how you will protect it. And then, we must keep your password especially our private key and then do not ever try to share in to any person especially to a stranger. Just keep in a safe place and also try to use hardware wallet.

Khalp1

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 01:55:23 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
I think The most secure way to store your Bitcoin is to produce paper wallets from a copy of a website using a browser on an offline computer booted from a secure OS on a CD printing to a wired printer with no internal memory.
Swanh

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:07:43 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
For me the best way to store bitcoin using with Ledger Nano S.For the best security,you required cold storage.Cold storage in the blockchain realm simply means a device that is disconnected from the internet.This is the toughest security measure possible to safeguard any crypto-investment from the prying interests of hackers.
Jian_Liux

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

The first hardware wallet is LEDGER that looks very much like a USB stick. LEDGER will work using its own application that becomes a browser plu-in as in chrome. You should be careful when using LEDGER because if wrong in inserting pins 3 times your wallet will be removed. In addition, LEDGER is claimed to be a safe bitcoin dompe because the seeds can be recovered as it used to be able to return personal keys to lost or damaged wallets. Security Tips Saving bitcoins is a key must be in print, do not let the key is stored in a wallet connected to the internet connection because the risk to be stolen or hacked larger.
auliani2000aa

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:36:16 PM

really, a good way to keep a bitcoin currency safely so as not to be anxious is to use one of the hardware purses. As long as you leave your PC or offline, the hacker can not steal your bitcoin currency. But this requires the cost. we think security and comfort awareness is the most important thing needed.
MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:58:37 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
Basically, that is the best and simplest way to store your bitcoin but there are many method or ways to keep or store your bitcoin safely. Using of cold storage wallet will really help you to keep your bitcoin safe and secure because it is one of the most secure wallet. Cold storage wallet is best way to store your bitcoin in a safe place.
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:20:03 PM

I prefer a desktop wallet. I have a reliable anti-virus software, I don’t keep my private keys on my smartphone, so I am not afraid of system hacks and smartphone losses. Although, I have to be careful with my PC, that’s why I am always keeping it out of my kids’ control
aishyoo17

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:24:06 PM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
Basically, that is the best and simplest way to store your bitcoin but there are many method or ways to keep or store your bitcoin safely. Using of cold storage wallet will really help you to keep your bitcoin safe and secure because it is one of the most secure wallet. Cold storage wallet is best way to store your bitcoin in a safe place.
Yes cold storage is I think the number one safest way to store our bitcoin though its a little bit hassle if you want to do some trading because you need to withdraw it from your wallet to the exchange but its better safe than putting all your investment at risk.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
bluemoon84

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

I prefer to use coins. pH so that you can store bitcoin safely and secured. Always keep in the safe place the private key so that know one can hack your wallets.The best way to store bitcoin where you can download the best wallet. You may use coinbase as well as other hardware wallet.
guppak

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:34:44 PM

In my opinion, (Well, this is the difference of taste I think) the safest way to save your Bitcoin, is to use hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor. With a hardware wallet, you will always need this hardware to access your Bitcoin, making it more secure. And you also have to give physical approval to do the transaction. This feature can improve security because if a hacker attacks your computer, the hacker will not be able to physically press the lock on your hardware to give transaction approval.
Shtamm_oval

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:04:51 PM

I keep my savings on two different purses. So if honestly it happened by chance but honestly quite happy with it. It's more safe  Smiley Wink
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:08:21 PM

Steps by using 2FA Authenticator will be very secure as they require code from your mobile phone or from your PC. And you must be smart in choosing the storage area you will use for onward.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:10:59 AM

Hi guys

Thanks
Rick
I think the best way to save and store your bitcoins is to store them offline because this is the place where they are k AST susceptible to being stolen or being hacked, the most important thing while storing them is the you should be very private and confidential with your wallet keys and passwords and it is advisable that you should not share your key with any one except one who is most reliable to you so that if any mishap happens to you then he or she could use them for the purposes you have earned your bitcoins.
xandiel01

Activity: 161
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 08:17:56 AM

There are so many ways to store our bitcoin, but we need to have a good wallet to store it wisely, and to make it safe you must need to have a knowledge about the what to do's and don't when you open your wallet most of the time dont click the unfamiliar site because it is a fishing site then.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: