Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:13:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining VS Rendering  (Read 6893 times)
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

Vincoin Cash - Private Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 04:31:11 PM

How will Leonardo Render help customers and miners in real-time?

It is stated that the customer will be able to track the rendering of his object online from his computer. But this requires a good speed and therefore a considerable cost. How will this issue be addressed?

Thank you for asking. Yes, you are right, to realize this task you will need considerable resources. Thanks to a partnership with Giga Watt, the work will be done with 23,000 graphics processors around the clock. This is the largest computing power in the USA. And after Leonardo starts working on additional GPU farms and hosting the power of his network will begin to grow exponentially.
The possibilities are certainly impressive, but what about the cost of these services? Rendering itself is not cheap!

Thank you for the question.

As stated in the White Paper, the cost of the Leonardo service will cost up to $ 0.50 dollars per GPU per hour depending on the capacity of the selected GPU. This is in my opinion even a good price for rendering high quality.      

Best,
LT

Vincoin Cash
▓ Private Blockchain Protocol ▓
|Telegram|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sophia Audley

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:59:42 PM

Hey. You claim that the cost of the Leonardo service will only be up to $ 0.50 per hour from the GPU. But the achievement of high quality and speed of rendering requires certain software, special equipment, use of electricity, etc., which in itself is quite expensive.  Of course in this plan, Leonardo will compete with other projects, but why is a good price set at a fairly high current cost Huh      
tradeinvest.7vek

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:18:43 AM

What would be necessary for a system to perform rendering tasks reasonably?

PCI bandwidth?
Ram?
CPU?
Up/down bandwidths?

This looks like a good project. I just hope it is as it seems.

Thank you for interest in our project.

At the moment our suggestion is:

Internet speed: minimum 10/mbit•s

Cpu Ram: min 8Gb

Gpu: Nvidia/AMD min 4gb ram

Our CTO @Goocek can answer more detailed IT questions if needed. Join the telegram chat https://t.me/leonardorender

Best,
LT.
Quite acceptable conditions, that's only at the speed of the Internet at 10 Mb / s is not very fast. I think this is not enough for rendering.      
It seems to me that the main drawbacks in rendering today are the long terms of the rendering process, inaccessible prices, the shortage of professionals performing jobs of varying complexity. Leonardo sets itself the task of eliminating all these shortcomings. I wish you success, because such project is really necessary.
Katy Brown

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:36:42 AM

I have GPUs lot more powerful than 1060s..but less then 100,maybe you have different minimum requirements for different graphic cards?
limpopo poni

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

Hi, Is it Possible to join with 8 GPUs ?

I'm afraid that this is not enough (for a qualitative rendering you need a certain capacity of at least 100 GPU. Perhaps you should find a company and merge for a common goal)      
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:59:40 PM

Hi, Is it Possible to join with 8 GPUs ?

I'm afraid that this is not enough (for a qualitative rendering you need a certain capacity of at least 100 GPU. Perhaps you should find a company and merge for a common goal)      
As far as I remember you need at least 50 gpus now to being accepted to project
OlgaKopotii

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:41:08 PM

Interesting project to say the least. Looks like Golem has a competitor. From what I have studied and tested GeePeeU PCI bandwidth isn't an issue for rendering as compared to AI training. I got the following results.

Vray Benchmark:
https://benchmark.chaosgroup.com/gpu/details?hw=Intel%28R%29+Core%28TM%29+i5-2300+CPU+%40+2.80GHz+x4%2C+GeForce+GTX+1070+8192MB+x4&id=16244

System Specs: i5 2300
Ram: 10 GB
GPUs: 4 x 1070s

The difference is of +/- 2 seconds. Keep in mind I used a PCI-express 4x Splitter and these results are from a single PCI-lane.

Here is another result from octane bench:

I saw a 10% performance loss while using the "splitter". Still isn't that much IMO.

What I am more interested in is why they are worried about the latency issues and how golem will tackle it. From what I have researched there are plugins already available for connecting up multiple machines for rendering in a LAN environment. Are you guys using one of these? That's the only logical explanation for me to not accept people with less than 100 GPUs. Cause their "software" isn't made to do rendering on the global scale i.e is to split up the task and send it around the globe to an average user/miner.

Also, what will happen with GPUs who will stand idle for most cases? Are you going to support mining as a backup for them? I can't imagine these GPUs are being used 24/7 unless you have managed to land every single Animation studio on the planet to use your service, which I highly doubt at this stage.

A very informative post and a detailed study are described. You did a lot of work and analyzed it. Apparently, the project really hooked you)
Tata_Coinbaby

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

Link to rendering software please

also we want to try

Thanks for your interest to the project.

Pls, notice text below)

We currently have minimum requirements for the miners - 100 GPUs. The reason is that the rendering should be made within one large enough GPU cluster to provide fast rendering services and avoid latency.

If you qualify, please specify your location, the number of GPUs and preffered method of contact. Our team will be in touch.

Best,
L

I am completely understand this project at all. Hope after the conference has been held may get the clarification like how this work for us.

I own the 30 cards totally including me and my friend. I am from Sri lanka and I have Rx 470 cards rig in India as well.
Please confirm the profit I can make from this software and project.
Judging by the description, Leonardo will provide a good opportunity to implement people with skills in the field of rendering. Do I understand correctly that the work can be done from home, sitting at my computer?
Yes, that's the point mate! If we had to go out, purchase a brand new GPU and then start rendering, waiting for long hours for a single frame to render then there won't be no necessity for LEOS. We can use their GPU's to do the rendering part relaxing back at home. The more GPU’s selected, the faster the render will complete.
And all this will become possible for a little money. If the calculations are accurate and the price does not exceed 0.50 dollars for GPU per hour then Leonardo will become a serious competitor in this market.      
euclidnw

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:57:32 PM

Going through the thread now, I'm on the West coast of the US, got 100 gpu's (mix of 1060's, 570/580s) and a dozen fpga's.
serhanni

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:56:23 PM

Going through the thread now, I'm on the West coast of the US, got 100 gpu's (mix of 1060's, 570/580s) and a dozen fpga's.
I hope you have got at least 50 nvidia gpus. It is not available for amd cards at the moment.
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:35:47 PM

I hope someone put up the idea of the pool. I also ready somewhere that one project that has been posted on reddit is renting out GPU's for AI compute capability. Can't remember the name of that project.
abctoz

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:31:54 AM

i didn't see any discussion on this, wouldn't the 20 series cards be better for rendering?
revenant2017

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

Healing Galing

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:16:34 PM

i didn't see any discussion on this, wouldn't the 20 series cards be better for rendering?
Nope. The card designed for 3D rendering available in the market now is the Nvidia Volta architecture. Those cards are expensive ranging from thousands of dollars. NVIDIA Quadro is much more efficient because both Turing and Pascal is designed to be for games. The addition of Raytracing in 20 series have no impact in rendering environment.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:54:11 AM

Is 25 1070s + 25 1070 ti's sufficient to participate?
Momur0

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:21:37 AM

Hello everyone, We are happy to announce that our Beta Version of the Leonardo Render software is on the way. Many improvements and stability tests have been made. The Beta version will be accessible via free download and the rendering service will be available for free for the duration of the Beta-Stage. Stay Tuned for more info.

Best,
LT

It's a good news. The team moved noticeably and the interest of the public began to grow in parallel with doubts. I hope soon we will be able to evaluate everything in practice. On access to the beta version, there will be no restrictions?
I think there will be restrictions as it's the beta version and there gonna be many bugs that are yet to be discovered. Upon checking their roadmap i found that they have delivered the Beta version One Month in advance than was mentioned. I don't think they will allow mining currently or else peoples will jump for the free service haha.
I do not think that the beta version provides for any payment. Rather, it is necessary for users to be able to test the future application and evaluate its value and for developers - to identify and fix the shortcomings.
yamshee970

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:47:16 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2018, 10:51:10 PM by yamshee970

We have 130+ ASUS P104 -4GB mining card. We have fiber optic internet , we are from Hungary.
tradeinvest.7vek

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:33:50 PM

This is the first time i came across the word rendering. So what is Rendering actually?
If I understand correctly in simple words rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images from 2D or 3D models. Today rendering is used in animation, film production, construction and architecture, surgery and dentistry, etc. But is it really so far, if it is so in demand, that there are no worthy companies rendering rendering? What is the advantage of Leonardo?

You got it right. If you have used or checked rendering task are done you will find it very fascinating. It's like applying a coat to the bare particular. The advanatage of using Leonardo it takes seconds to render a single image, and mere minutes to render one second of animation. Not only does Leonardo provide the fastest cloud-based rendering process on the planet, but it also provides the most flexibility - users will be able to select the amount of GPU’s employed in the completion of their render. The more GPU’s selected, the faster the render will complete.

"The fastest cloud-based rendering process on the planet" .... sounds very self-confident. Technical power is certainly a big advantage but people will do the rendering work themselves. So there is one more difficult task - to pick up professional staff.
blacq

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 06:50:52 PM

i think this i pretty interesting, is there available sites to start rendering. mining isn't bad either it has end me so much but it's time to consider Rendering too.
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:08:47 PM

Any estimate when will the version for AMD be available?
Some of my friends have big AMD farms with several thousands GPUs.
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:45:18 AM

Interesting thread. Me and my 70 x GTX 1060s will be keeping a close watch on Leonardo.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: