Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining VS Rendering  (Read 6893 times)
Novac

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:58:08 PM

What would be necessary for a system to perform rendering tasks reasonably?

PCI bandwidth?
Ram?
CPU?
Up/down bandwidths?

This looks like a good project. I just hope it is as it seems.

Thank you for interest in our project.

At the moment our suggestion is:

Internet speed: minimum 10/mbit•s

Cpu Ram: min 8Gb

Gpu: Nvidia/AMD min 4gb ram

Our CTO @Goocek can answer more detailed IT questions if needed. Join the telegram chat https://t.me/leonardorender

Best,
LT.
Quite acceptable conditions, that's only at the speed of the Internet at 10 Mb / s is not very fast. I think this is not enough for rendering.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creepas

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 06:01:33 PM

Hello,

we have 5000+ GPUs pls contact us.

vladimir.vencalek@invictusmining.com

cReepas

biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:06:31 PM

I also read the white paper. I did not think that the project would interest me since I am not a miner. But graphics in our time becomes an integral part of life and if Leonardo succeeds in achieving the goal then it is possible to further develop the project, because the idea is actually relevant.
tradeinvest.7vek

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:48:02 AM

Hi I also have a farm

Would like to join your project.
Please PM me details.
I see that interest in the project is growing and the people with suitable technical parameters are tightening up. Only very little is said on what terms the miners will work. What will be their share of compensation?
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:56:11 PM

How does the overall tokenization of the platform works? Can you explain all the steps to me?               
The issues of tokenization can also be considered in White Paper. I'm interested in something else. You have installed a $ 18 million hardcap. Why did Leonardo need so much money?

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
graxoff

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:03:38 PM

What would be necessary for a system to perform rendering tasks reasonably?

PCI bandwidth?
Ram?
CPU?
Up/down bandwidths?

This looks like a good project. I just hope it is as it seems.

Thank you for interest in our project.

At the moment our suggestion is:

Internet speed: minimum 10/mbit•s

Cpu Ram: min 8Gb

Gpu: Nvidia/AMD min 4gb ram

Our CTO @Goocek can answer more detailed IT questions if needed. Join the telegram chat https://t.me/leonardorender

Best,
LT.
Quite acceptable conditions, that's only at the speed of the Internet at 10 Mb / s is not very fast. I think this is not enough for rendering.      
jorj_pay_UZ

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:07:22 PM

How does Leonardo Render ensure that the rendering process is done optimally and quickly?

Thank you for the question.

We ensure the maximum reliability through many variables. First the customer can boost the speed of a given render by increasing the amount of GPU's and using of the Leonardo smart filter to determine which GPU(s) would best service his or her 3D or VFX software. But also the Leonardo's protocol algorithm will choose the best possible power for getting the job done. Including key factors like the performance of a miner's hardware, the proximity of the client from a given miner, the reliability and reputation score of the miner and the size of the requested task.

Best,
LT.
Leonardo imposes on itself a sufficiently large-scale tasks which can be done by professionals. Who is in your team?                  

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
Novac

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:36:25 AM

Should be hot discussion here very soon!
I do not know how it will turn out, but now the project is  interesting for its novelty and I think it will attract the attention of creative  people. And interesting ideas always cause a lot of questions. Leonardo will have to go through this.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:49:35 AM

so why not do both?
found this. very interesting

https://www.genesiscloud.com/
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:27:39 AM

1752% better returns? Is it real?
How is that possible?

Maybe you're right! If only for students this service will be available for the price. But it seems to me that rendering itself is not a cheap pleasure (.
johnreese5895

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:31:27 AM

Hi, Is it Possible to join with 8 GPUs ?
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:39:01 AM

Interesting project to say the least. Looks like Golem has a competitor. From what I have studied and tested GeePeeU PCI bandwidth isn't an issue for rendering as compared to AI training. I got the following results.

Vray Benchmark:
https://benchmark.chaosgroup.com/gpu/details?hw=Intel%28R%29+Core%28TM%29+i5-2300+CPU+%40+2.80GHz+x4%2C+GeForce+GTX+1070+8192MB+x4&id=16244

System Specs: i5 2300
Ram: 10 GB
GPUs: 4 x 1070s

The difference is of +/- 2 seconds. Keep in mind I used a PCI-express 4x Splitter and these results are from a single PCI-lane.

Here is another result from octane bench:

I saw a 10% performance loss while using the "splitter". Still isn't that much IMO.

What I am more interested in is why they are worried about the latency issues and how golem will tackle it. From what I have researched there are plugins already available for connecting up multiple machines for rendering in a LAN environment. Are you guys using one of these? That's the only logical explanation for me to not accept people with less than 100 GPUs. Cause their "software" isn't made to do rendering on the global scale i.e is to split up the task and send it around the globe to an average user/miner.

Also, what will happen with GPUs who will stand idle for most cases? Are you going to support mining as a backup for them? I can't imagine these GPUs are being used 24/7 unless you have managed to land every single Animation studio on the planet to use your service, which I highly doubt at this stage.
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:59:46 PM

Hello everyone, We are happy to announce that our Beta Version of the Leonardo Render software is on the way. Many improvements and stability tests have been made. The Beta version will be accessible via free download and the rendering service will be available for free for the duration of the Beta-Stage. Stay Tuned for more info.

Best,
LT

It's a good news. The team moved noticeably and the interest of the public began to grow in parallel with doubts. I hope soon we will be able to evaluate everything in practice. On access to the beta version, there will be no restrictions?
Mister11

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:05:32 PM

What are the benefits of partnering with Giga Watt?
One of the main advantages in my opinion is that Diga Watts is the largest GPU hosting that has capacity and processors that work 24 hours 7 days a week. I think not many can afford it.      

This is basically the core reason which drove me to Giga Watt.
ChubarV

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:26:07 PM

How will Leonardo Render help customers and miners in real-time?

It is stated that the customer will be able to track the rendering of his object online from his computer. But this requires a good speed and therefore a considerable cost. How will this issue be addressed?

Thank you for asking. Yes, you are right, to realize this task you will need considerable resources. Thanks to a partnership with Giga Watt, the work will be done with 23,000 graphics processors around the clock. This is the largest computing power in the USA. And after Leonardo starts working on additional GPU farms and hosting the power of his network will begin to grow exponentially.
kkrectorden

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:07:13 PM

Would be great if someone can provide the link to the rendering software.
MAXE

Activity: 434
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:53:24 AM

I got acquainted with the percent distribution of tokens. But I would like to see a well-written, detailed budget for roadmap implementation.
Does it Leonardo has?
zahardarya

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 04:13:25 PM

This is the first time i came across the word rendering. So what is Rendering actually?
If I understand correctly in simple words rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images from 2D or 3D models. Today rendering is used in animation, film production, construction and architecture, surgery and dentistry, etc. But is it really so far, if it is so in demand, that there are no worthy companies rendering rendering? What is the advantage of Leonardo?
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:45:44 PM

This is the first time i came across the word rendering. So what is Rendering actually?
If I understand correctly in simple words rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images from 2D or 3D models. Today rendering is used in animation, film production, construction and architecture, surgery and dentistry, etc. But is it really so far, if it is so in demand, that there are no worthy companies rendering rendering? What is the advantage of Leonardo?

Basically none right now! They are just another ICO trying to grab money. Unless they manage to land every single AAA animation studio out there to use their "Revolutionary" app for rendering. Most of the GPUs listed on the software will be sitting idle. Plus it doesn't make any sense to me why Any AAA Animation studio would use them in the first place. If they are going to pay $11,000 for an hour of rendering. Imagine the Scene of "Frozen (Castle Scene) " which took 72 hours to render will cost them $792,000. Also, keep in mind There are some effects which only CPUs can compute. So this "rendering" will be only effective for scenes which take advantage of GPUs mostly.

Plus they have failed to respond to my previous question, which makes me believe they are here to just grab the money.
ChubarV

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:00:27 PM

Want to know about your ongoing development process. What are your soft and hard caps? Is it mean, if you collect only soft cap, that project will develop further? What is the minimum of cap you need for growth and extension?

If the hardcap reaches $ 18 million the sale of the tokens will end prematurely. If Leonard does not receive a minimum of $ 4 million during the sale, the funds will be returned to their depositors. We'll see what happens from this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: