Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:54:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining VS Rendering  (Read 6889 times)
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:50:08 PM

Should be hot discussion here very soon!
I do not know how it will turn out, but now the project is  interesting for its novelty and I think it will attract the attention of creative  people. And interesting ideas always cause a lot of questions. Leonardo will have to go through this.

I have the same expectation from this project. I don't know about large productions where rendering is quite in a high level but average/medium users will find it really useful. Many among us work on small projects/industry where purchasing a system to afford fast rendering isn't possible, I hope LEOS will solve this problem. Now it's only the charge they gonna come up with per hour or GPU based.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Novac

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:52:33 PM

Link to rendering software please

also we want to try

Thanks for your interest to the project.

Pls, notice text below)

We currently have minimum requirements for the miners - 100 GPUs. The reason is that the rendering should be made within one large enough GPU cluster to provide fast rendering services and avoid latency.

If you qualify, please specify your location, the number of GPUs and preffered method of contact. Our team will be in touch.

Best,
L

I am completely understand this project at all. Hope after the conference has been held may get the clarification like how this work for us.

I own the 30 cards totally including me and my friend. I am from Sri lanka and I have Rx 470 cards rig in India as well.
Please confirm the profit I can make from this software and project.
Judging by the description, Leonardo will provide a good opportunity to implement people with skills in the field of rendering. Do I understand correctly that the work can be done from home, sitting at my computer?
Yes, that's the point mate! If we had to go out, purchase a brand new GPU and then start rendering, waiting for long hours for a single frame to render then there won't be no necessity for LEOS. We can use their GPU's to do the rendering part relaxing back at home. The more GPU’s selected, the faster the render will complete.
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

Vincoin Cash - Private Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:08:46 AM

This is the first time i came across the word rendering. So what is Rendering actually?
If I understand correctly in simple words rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images from 2D or 3D models. Today rendering is used in animation, film production, construction and architecture, surgery and dentistry, etc. But is it really so far, if it is so in demand, that there are no worthy companies rendering rendering? What is the advantage of Leonardo?

Basically none right now! They are just another ICO trying to grab money. Unless they manage to land every single AAA animation studio out there to use their "Revolutionary" app for rendering. Most of the GPUs listed on the software will be sitting idle. Plus it doesn't make any sense to me why Any AAA Animation studio would use them in the first place. If they are going to pay $11,000 for an hour of rendering. Imagine the Scene of "Frozen (Castle Scene) " which took 72 hours to render will cost them $792,000. Also, keep in mind There are some effects which only CPUs can compute. So this "rendering" will be only effective for scenes which take advantage of GPUs mostly.

Plus they have failed to respond to my previous question, which makes me believe they are here to just grab the money.

Thank you for the comment!

We are not sure where this $11K comes from but thisd is the answer:

Agree. The AAA animation studios require a lot of memory for their renderings, so far they use CPU rendering on own render farms but revolution is comming with hardware like 24GB or even 32GB on GPU card. The best example is new RenderMan V22 with hybrid engine and ability to offload the hard tasks to GPU. Pixar is looking into the future, toward GPU. GPU rendering is already a large market and it's share will only grow in the future.

Best,
LT

Vincoin Cash
▓ Private Blockchain Protocol ▓
|Telegram|
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:11:16 AM

Interesting project to say the least. Looks like Golem has a competitor. From what I have studied and tested GeePeeU PCI bandwidth isn't an issue for rendering as compared to AI training. I got the following results.

Vray Benchmark:
https://benchmark.chaosgroup.com/gpu/details?hw=Intel%28R%29+Core%28TM%29+i5-2300+CPU+%40+2.80GHz+x4%2C+GeForce+GTX+1070+8192MB+x4&id=16244

System Specs: i5 2300
Ram: 10 GB
GPUs: 4 x 1070s

The difference is of +/- 2 seconds. Keep in mind I used a PCI-express 4x Splitter and these results are from a single PCI-lane.

Here is another result from octane bench:

I saw a 10% performance loss while using the "splitter". Still isn't that much IMO.

What I am more interested in is why they are worried about the latency issues and how golem will tackle it. From what I have researched there are plugins already available for connecting up multiple machines for rendering in a LAN environment. Are you guys using one of these? That's the only logical explanation for me to not accept people with less than 100 GPUs. Cause their "software" isn't made to do rendering on the global scale i.e is to split up the task and send it around the globe to an average user/miner.

Thank you for the interest to the project

We use our own software for GPU virtualization. Not all render engines work well with virtual GPU, moreover, license could not allow to do this. Our solution is to split and distribute only in local network single rendering task among hundreds of GPU.

Also, what will happen with GPUs who will stand idle for most cases? Are you going to support mining as a backup for them? I can't imagine these GPUs are being used 24/7 unless you have managed to land every single Animation studio on the planet to use your service, which I highly doubt at this stage.

Our software allows to run other tasks, while miner is not rendering. Mining is great example of such a task, it can be closed and restarted at any time. So miners can't earn less with Leonardo, they can only increase their income due to higher rendering profitability vs mining.

Best,
LT

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:23:45 AM

Hello everyone, We are happy to announce that our Beta Version of the Leonardo Render software is on the way. Many improvements and stability tests have been made. The Beta version will be accessible via free download and the rendering service will be available for free for the duration of the Beta-Stage. Stay Tuned for more info.

Best,
LT

It's a good news. The team moved noticeably and the interest of the public began to grow in parallel with doubts. I hope soon we will be able to evaluate everything in practice. On access to the beta version, there will be no restrictions?
I think there will be restrictions as it's the beta version and there gonna be many bugs that are yet to be discovered. Upon checking their roadmap i found that they have delivered the Beta version One Month in advance than was mentioned. I don't think they will allow mining currently or else peoples will jump for the free service haha.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:08:40 AM

Our solution is to split and distribute only in local network single rendering task among hundreds of GPU.

That's your problem there are 3rd party plugins available which do the exact same thing? what is the "Innovation" here? A true innovation would have been if you could have distributed the divided tasks across the internet. But that isn't the case. What are your plans for small miners? What if a miner who has 10K GPUs buys this plugin and get clients on his own? He wouldn't have to go through the trouble of exchanging tokens or staking any. This is one of the reasons you should start working on "Global" Version instead of just sticking with a "Local" Version.

Our software allows to run other tasks, while miner is not rendering. Mining is great example of such a task, it can be closed and restarted at any time. So miners can't earn less with Leonardo, they can only increase their income due to higher rendering profitability vs mining.

Alright.

We are not sure where this $11K comes from but thisd is the answer:

Seriously? It says on your infographic. Here let me point that out.

Pixar may be moving, but there are still many tasks which can only be performed by a CPU, Rendering is not mining. GPUs currently can't meet the "precision" which CPUs are able to achieve. Hence why we haven't seen a total shift towards GPUs for rendering. As I said in my previous post. Only a handful of effects can be rendered via GPUs. CPUs are still here and they will be here for a decade more.
IshakDib

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:17:26 AM

can explain more about rendering option? and how confgurer my craphic card with this aption?
thans befor
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 01:44:58 PM

4,000+ gpus.

mixture of 470-570-1070-1080-580

please contact me.
graxoff

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:24:46 PM

the 150 GPU is something that I want to jump in and start rendering.

You are absolutely right. If your available power is not less than 100 GPU, then you can join Leonardo.

zahardarya

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 04:54:47 PM

Link to rendering software please

hi, can you send me leonardo render? I own 900 gpu, my friend in the same location also has about 1000 gpu. We are from Poland, we have fiber optic internet. You can answer pm.

Thanks for the interest to our software

The software is currently not available for public test. We will make an announcement as soon as it will be released for the public. If you are a medium/large Nvidia GPU miner (100+ GPUs) and want to join Leonardo network, please send your geographic and equipment details to the email info@leonardorender.com, our team will be in touch.

Best,
L
Thanks for the coordinates. I'd like to personally test the software and feel all its advantages. I will follow the updates.
Did you test out the sofrware yet? I am currently having some issues with my computer so i won't be but i really wanted to check it out just to check out how promising they are. They have mentioned in their Whitepaper that LEOS is much faster than the other competators in the market , so basically i am hoping that the beta version should show some positivivity about it.
ChubarV

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:06:08 PM

This is the first time i came across the word rendering. So what is Rendering actually?
If I understand correctly in simple words rendering is the process of creating photorealistic images from 2D or 3D models. Today rendering is used in animation, film production, construction and architecture, surgery and dentistry, etc. But is it really so far, if it is so in demand, that there are no worthy companies rendering rendering? What is the advantage of Leonardo?

You got it right. If you have used or checked rendering task are done you will find it very fascinating. It's like applying a coat to the bare particular. The advanatage of using Leonardo it takes seconds to render a single image, and mere minutes to render one second of animation. Not only does Leonardo provide the fastest cloud-based rendering process on the planet, but it also provides the most flexibility - users will be able to select the amount of GPU’s employed in the completion of their render. The more GPU’s selected, the faster the render will complete.
iSparta

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:20:59 PM

I think that it very good project with brilliant future. There is a huge stagnation on the crypto market and crisis with PoW mining. That’s why this project will have a lot of potential hashpower and as I know, there are practically no such competing similar projects.
timberfox

Activity: 162
Merit: 11

^_^10 years BCT^_^

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:53:00 PM

Quite acceptable conditions, that's only at the speed of the Internet at 10 Mb / s is not very fast. I think this is not enough for rendering.
Leonardo is not all about mining. They have a tie up with Gigawatt so basically anyone can choose mining directly without being a part of LEOS.
The main theme for them is rendering, they aims to be the fastest, simplest, and most affordable cloudbased rendering solution on the planet.
I also came to know that the mining process won't affect the rendering as they already have a script which will  close the mining software when the rendering jobs comes in.
angelinakorenovskaya

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:42:09 AM

Will this be a fresh breeze for miners? maybe this will also be the reason why GPUs will still be needed than ASIC. But wait, can ASIC be used for rendering? Somehow I hope not.
Waiting to bring back to life my D3... Cheesy
It has always been interesting why the major well-known companies are going to cooperate with still dubious projects ?! After all, in fact, GigaWatt takes on the main burden, in this situation. Their equipment and capacity is used.      
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 08:00:17 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 12:48:58 PM by LEOS TOKEN

Will this be a fresh breeze for miners? maybe this will also be the reason why GPUs will still be needed than ASIC. But wait, can ASIC be used for rendering? Somehow I hope not.
Waiting to bring back to life my D3... Cheesy
It has always been interesting why the major well-known companies are going to cooperate with still dubious projects ?! After all, in fact, GigaWatt takes on the main burden, in this situation. Their equipment and capacity is used.      

Thank you for the question.

Your question already contains part of the answer - "still a dubious project." GigaWatt does not lose anything and does not bear additional costs (since the necessary equipment already was). The company provides its services and name in an interesting idea which, if successful, will bring benefits to each party.

Best,
LT.

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
tradeinvest.7vek

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:02:59 PM

It is really a nice and useful thread and I have reserved my message.
Yes, nice and useful ...... if you can realize the real global decentralization of the network infrastructure of Leonardo Render. But this will take at least 2-3 years. Ready to wait?
graxoff

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:14:30 PM

Professional rendering is done on cpu`s, not gpu`s.
Why are you saying that? Even the specialized rendering hardware are modified gpus.
For me, too, this issue remains open. Still rendering is a serious and time-consuming work. I want to be sure that no one has broken it or spoiled it (((.            
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 05:28:39 PM

Would be great if someone can provide the link to the rendering software.

Hello,

You may download Blender from blender.org to create a 3D scene, you may also download premade scenes https://www.blender.org/download/demo-files/. If you are familiar with the workings of Blender you may then head to our website and download the Qbik software and email us to organize the creation of your account along with a 2 hour time frame in which you can test the Beta.

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
Zaicheg1001

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:33:21 PM

I have seen many other projects are tying up with Giga Watt as a very responsible and transparent company. Founded in 2017, Giga Watt has been servicing its mining customers from its location in Washington State. Also Giga Watt’s infrastructure is extremely scalable and flexible, allowing for a continuous evolution in its compute ability.                                                         
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 05:35:19 PM

How does the overall tokenization of the platform works? Can you explain all the steps to me?               
The issues of tokenization can also be considered in White Paper. I'm interested in something else. You have installed a $ 18 million hardcap. Why did Leonardo need so much money?

We will be releasing the Miners Handbook in the upcoming weeks! Join our Newsletter or our social media channels in order to stay up to date.

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: