Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:16:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining VS Rendering  (Read 6893 times)
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:04:52 PM

Hi,

Here are some suggestions:

1) Come up with an app that basically mirrors/simulates what performance any potential contractors should achieve with your rendering service. The goal for you is to check the particulars of the "horsepower" of the candidate farm under test. There are several configuration factors that may or may not be important such as employment of:

a) SSD's

b) high end CPU's

c) internet connection

d) MB idiosyncrasies

As a crude, at hand mining example using whattomine, 41 1080ti GPUS, have the equivalent ETH hashing power of about 100 1060 cards. Therefore GPU count can't be the sole criteria.

To try to avoid gaming the system you may want to spec also cclock, TDP, and Mclock of the FUT.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 199
Merit: 3

Vincoin Cash - Private Digital Currency

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 06:45:07 PM

Vincoin Cash
▓ Private Blockchain Protocol ▓
|Telegram|
Ariem

Activity: 518
Merit: 242

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:08:47 PM

What speed of internet connection will be enough for rendering?  Maybe it is much profitable then mining but I think there will be no work for loading hardware for 24/7.
griffoncoin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:26:23 PM

they also need i7 at-least and all my rigs have dual core.
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 06:31:25 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 06:41:39 AM by LEOS TOKEN

In order to answer a lot of questions regarding to the MVP availability:

As for the dates, we can't name a specific timing at the moment as the software is still in closed test, but it should be soon enough. We will make an announcement as soon as we can estimate the dates with high degree of certainty.

Best,
L

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:35:40 AM

Hi,

1) Come up with an app that basically mirrors/simulates what performance any potential contractors should achieve with your rendering service. The goal for you is to check the particulars of the "horsepower" of the candidate farm under test. There are several configuration factors that may or may not be important such as employment of:

a) SSD's

b) high end CPU's

c) internet connection

d) MB idiosyncrasies

As a crude, at hand mining example using whattomine, 41 1080ti GPUS, have the equivalent ETH hashing power of about 100 1060 cards. Therefore GPU count can't be the sole criteria.

To try to avoid gaming the system you may want to spec also cclock, TDP, and Mclock of the FUT.

Its a latency issue, not a computing issue.  100 gtx 1060s on the same network will greatly outperform 41 1080tis spread across the world.
hummer113

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:30:55 AM

will there be a demand for such services ? I know people in the freelance market who do rendering, but they often say that there are very few orders.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:36:22 AM

Slightly misleading. As $.50 per hour for each gpu is the cost you are offering to your clients. You will also take commission for the service.
pennyman

Activity: 89
Merit: 4

Chaos defeats order, because it's better organized

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:23:26 AM

Hi,

a) SSD's

b) high end CPU's

c) internet connection

d) MB idiosyncrasies

Its a latency issue, not a computing issue.  100 gtx 1060s on the same network will greatly outperform 41 1080tis spread across the world.
Ah, good hint. I think you are right. Also the work has to be splitted, synced, updated etc. There‘s a lot of overhead.

will there be a demand for such services ? I know people in the freelance market who do rendering, but they often say that there are very few orders.
This service would be at a high scale and maybe a lower price as in the general rendering market. So, I would say yes.
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:00:38 PM

Professional rendering is done on cpu`s, not gpu`s.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 01:55:40 PM

Hello guys, very interesting project. I'm just reading your White Paper in these days and I see you are giving an excellent new opportunity to all the Ethreum mining hardware which have just become superseded by new ASIC. So I really think your project will be a success!
pennyman

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:57:25 PM

Professional rendering is done on cpu`s, not gpu`s.
Why are you saying that? Even the specialized rendering hardware are modified gpus.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:25:06 PM

Looking at the ANN, it shows that the final product isn't expected to be available until 2019.  If there will only be Alpha and Beta testing in 2018, will you be paying the miners thaty are helping to test your software in the early stages?
qbert7

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:14:14 PM

What speed of internet connection will be enough for rendering?  Maybe it is much profitable then mining but I think there will be no work for loading hardware for 24/7.

I built a render farm about a decade ago and it ran 24/7 365 a year. It was a large company though. Could totally see this being profitable but more profitable then mining I have my doubts.
tombronn

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:00:09 PM

I built a render farm about a decade ago and it ran 24/7 365 a year. It was a large company though. Could totally see this being profitable but more profitable then mining I have my doubts.
It always depends on the current stage of the crypto market. It‘s too volatile to foresee this at current date I think.
pennyman

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:03:28 PM

Looking at the ANN, it shows that the final product isn't expected to be available until 2019.  If there will only be Alpha and Beta testing in 2018, will you be paying the miners thaty are helping to test your software in the early stages?
Hope there are payouts or benefits like in the eventum alpha phase. It could be a nice way for initial token distribution and testing the token.
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 07:30:11 PM

Hello everyone, We are happy to announce that our Beta Version of the Leonardo Render software is on the way. Many improvements and stability tests have been made. The Beta version will be accessible via free download and the rendering service will be available for free for the duration of the Beta-Stage. Stay Tuned for more info.

Best,
LT

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
LEOS TOKEN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 07:31:37 PM

Thanks for your question.

We are happy to announce that our Beta Version of the Leonardo Render software is on the way. Many improvements and stability tests have been made. The Beta version will be accessible via free download and the rendering service will be available for free for the duration of the Beta-Stage. Stay Tuned for more info.

Best,
LT

Vincoin Cash
|Telegram|
darkie199

Activity: 294
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:10:53 PM

Hello everyone, We are happy to announce that our Beta Version of the Leonardo Render software is on the way. Many improvements and stability tests have been made. The Beta version will be accessible via free download and the rendering service will be available for free for the duration of the Beta-Stage. Stay Tuned for more info.

Best,
LT

Simply great! Although i didn't ever did any rendering but after checking out the video that they share in the telegram chat i want to put my hands into it. It seems that rendering is now made easy with the introduction of LEOS. When will it be available in the website , any exact date?
darkie199

Activity: 294
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:59:16 PM

Best,
LT

Simply great! Although i didn't ever did any rendering but after checking out the video that they share in the telegram chat i want to put my hands into it. It seems that rendering is now made easy with the introduction of LEOS. When will it be available in the website , any exact date?

Perhaps I am also interested in this question. I have long wanted to try to make 3D video in space with various satellites and the international space station. But my home computer's resources are not enough.

Yeah! Same here! My computer don't even meet the minimum requirements to do any type of rendering. A free trial will definitely a great idea to put my hands into in. I came to know that the Software is needed for receiving the jobs and process them through the network.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: