Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer B3 Bytom Mining First review  (Read 9421 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitbytebit

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:35:12 AM

What's everyone's daily BTM earnings at the moment on UUpool or Antpool?

Presently I'm down to about 26 BTM/Day on UUpool.

About the same on Antpool.... 27 BTM/day at the moment....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hot cheetos

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:38:05 AM

Yup. Just checked my 24 hours and its exactly 27 BTM. Lol...fuck, guys.

We still have rumors about batch 3 being released. Shits not looking fun.
CoinPunk

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:38:41 AM

So to be honest, I am a bit disappointed about the whole Bytom thing. Paid 2800$ with customs etc. and the performance / profit is not as expected because of the fact they shipped much more units than they initially told.
35 Bytom for about 36h mining. Thats not even 20$ (today). Will keep the coins and see. But I expected double profit at least the first days. But it seems others got their unit way earlier, although i got Batch 1 (Germany).

Its our OWN fault... Mine included.  ITS CHINA REMEMBER!!!!

I actually signed up to chime in here Im so arse-hurt over this. Same here..
I actually bought 3 X3's and 2B3's based on the batch system knowing they would eventually dilute the scene with more. However... Seems the pace in which they "flood" the market is increasing...... You WILL NEVER get what you see in a calculator by the time they get released.
I was comfortable competing against 2500 units in hopes of an ROI before the next #2 batch. And would have been a returning customer at that.
But now. Not so certain the "chance at the ROI" will ever pan out.
I'm happy with the machines.. Just cant believe that they knowingly having full control of their customers ROI would do their potential returning clients that way.
Oh yeah and they even had to keep them from working as people 1st received them in order to get the last good blocks b4 they let us in..

I look at the $00,000 figures I've dropped on 26 machines in all? And feel would have been better spent buying hash power instead...
Thus closing the risk gap into a more manageable fashion or time frame.  Ive got like 5k in coupons and I don't even feel that would scratch the surface. That was my first clue. Feeling hopeless even with a 5k boost? God bless Tim at (Digital Universe)...
So yes... Lets forget about the current and catch it in the next round right? Get all "hyped up" for the next one just to be let down again...And as just a ploy for another 30 bucks worth of hardware in return to get at my last few coins made with the first ones I bought... lol

So "how" do we break the cycle? I know Im starting to sound like a GPU guy.. BTW I am... 16 1080TIs running strong....

Going to be the first to say it... BITMAIN there is a lot of smart people your playing with. And I am certain this wont continue without some type of revolt.

Bounty TIME!
Got Alternate chips n brains!
Lets make a USA product already that cares?
Contact me,, serious contacts only.

My company will back its share of dev and hardware as is what we do now already, we just don't program much. Wink

Meanwhile will stop looking at my payouts for awhile and get back to life.... lol what else can we do....They won this round.. simple as that..

yes im not happy either........

aussie-revhead

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:05:31 AM

Im a late adopter in the whole mining scene but Im pretty happy with the experience so far, some losses and wins with lots of learning in between. I have some Antminers and some gpus, Im looking to expand but dont really know which way to go yet so Im watching the scene with great interest, but watch too long and you miss the boat altogether.

Yes I think the whole promise of amazing returns is just a dream, some lucky very early adopters might get lucky for a few days but as a whole it generally follows the same path as you B3 owners ... only <10 days old and down to USD18 a day (and falling).

Wink
hot cheetos

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:33:22 AM

So to be honest, I am a bit disappointed about the whole Bytom thing. Paid 2800$ with customs etc. and the performance / profit is not as expected because of the fact they shipped much more units than they initially told.
35 Bytom for about 36h mining. Thats not even 20$ (today). Will keep the coins and see. But I expected double profit at least the first days. But it seems others got their unit way earlier, although i got Batch 1 (Germany).

Its our OWN fault... Mine included.  ITS CHINA REMEMBER!!!!

I actually signed up to chime in here Im so arse-hurt over this. Same here..
I actually bought 3 X3's and 2B3's based on the batch system knowing they would eventually dilute the scene with more. However... Seems the pace in which they "flood" the market is increasing...... You WILL NEVER get what you see in a calculator by the time they get released.
I was comfortable competing against 2500 units in hopes of an ROI before the next #2 batch. And would have been a returning customer at that.
But now. Not so certain the "chance at the ROI" will ever pan out.
I'm happy with the machines.. Just cant believe that they knowingly having full control of their customers ROI would do their potential returning clients that way.
Oh yeah and they even had to keep them from working as people 1st received them in order to get the last good blocks b4 they let us in..

I look at the $00,000 figures I've dropped on 26 machines in all? And feel would have been better spent buying hash power instead...
Thus closing the risk gap into a more manageable fashion or time frame.  Ive got like 5k in coupons and I don't even feel that would scratch the surface. That was my first clue. Feeling hopeless even with a 5k boost? God bless Tim at (Digital Universe)...
So yes... Lets forget about the current and catch it in the next round right? Get all "hyped up" for the next one just to be let down again...And as just a ploy for another 30 bucks worth of hardware in return to get at my last few coins made with the first ones I bought... lol

So "how" do we break the cycle? I know Im starting to sound like a GPU guy.. BTW I am... 16 1080TIs running strong....

Going to be the first to say it... BITMAIN there is a lot of smart people your playing with. And I am certain this wont continue without some type of revolt.

Bounty TIME!
Got Alternate chips n brains!
Lets make a USA product already that cares?
Contact me,, serious contacts only.

My company will back its share of dev and hardware as is what we do now already, we just don't program much. Wink

Meanwhile will stop looking at my payouts for awhile and get back to life.... lol what else can we do....They won this round.. simple as that..

yes im not happy either........

Of course its our own fault. And I dont even consider it a "fault". I knew the risks and I took them. No problem. Was hoping for it to go well and it looks like it may not. Did bitmain pull a dick move? Absolutely. Now it really depends on if the price of BTM will go up. We aren't out of the game just yet. At 10 bucks per day its still a 6 month ROI which isnt HORRIBLE. And if you hodl the coins and the price goes up then you can be in the green.

Lol I know Tim, I've been to his shop a few times.
bitbytebit

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

Ummmm what happened to all the miners on antpool?? only 160 left?
Kalyst69

Activity: 147
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:50:23 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2018, 01:20:41 PM by Kalyst69

Hello guys,

I'm on Antpool because Uupool is shown as dead server but I don't want to use exchange wallet.
What will happen if I will use a BMxxxxxx adress from the wallet ?

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
Benutzer2

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:58:41 PM

Ummmm what happened to all the miners on antpool?? only 160 left?

Probably due to the payouts not functioning. Just a guess though.
ilostmyface

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:35:41 PM

Have you guys noticed Antpool wallet settings no longer mentions ERC 20 ? I wonder if they want to payout mainnet coins now.
VuValley

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:51:33 PM

Have you guys noticed Antpool wallet settings no longer mentions ERC 20 ? I wonder if they want to payout mainnet coins now.

What exchanges are dealing in mainnet coins now?

Havent been able to find one.
rjpminer

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:22:43 AM

I just switched my Antpool address from ERC20 (which wasn't paying out) to my mainnet (bm...) address.  The settings page does say the current coin type is "Bytom" and it previously showed a note in red text saying the address had to be ERC20 format.  Fingers crossed.  I'll post an update if a payment from Antpool is successful tomorrow.  On a related note - I was successful in getting a 25 bytom payment from uupool today.   
leeb18509

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:43:31 AM

I want to do the same thing, but I'm just not sure. 
t4zer

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:45:07 AM

For "hardware version" i'm getting "Socket connect failed: Connection refused". And on the mining status page there is no action. What do I need to do to correct this?
leeb18509

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:53:04 AM

You'll see this when you first reboot the miner or save a new config.  Is your internet connection good?  Network lights blinking (green/yellow) on either side of the ethernet connection of the miner.
t4zer

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:04:36 AM

You'll see this when you first reboot the miner or save a new config.  Is your internet connection good?  Network lights blinking (green/yellow) on either side of the ethernet connection of the miner.

Yea the network connection is good. When I ran the factory_config_reset.sh file on the rig, the error goes away. But when I edit the worker from "antMiner_1" to either a mainnet or erc20 token address the error returns. So I assume this is in issue with my config, but I don't understand what I would be doing wrong there.
t4zer

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:14:46 AM

Yea the network connection is good. When I ran the factory_config_reset.sh file on the rig, the error goes away. But when I edit the worker from "antMiner_1" to either a mainnet or erc20 token address the error returns. So I assume this is in issue with my config, but I don't understand what I would be doing wrong there.

Ah so I see my mainnet wallet address I made has not fully sync'd yet. Is it possible this could be the issue?
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:17:18 AM

Ah so I see my mainnet wallet address I made has not fully sync'd yet. Is it possible this could be the issue?
I don't think so, I was able to mine even without syncing
t4zer

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:28:33 AM

Hmm I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong then.

After a factory reset:

https://i.imgur.com/yZxSABw.png

https://i.imgur.com/c9HgMmL.png

After changing my configuration:

https://i.imgur.com/TNrgIzd.png

https://i.imgur.com/anFSCPS.png

https://i.imgur.com/H4Svp6w.png
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:32:20 AM

Hmm I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong then.

After a factory reset:

After changing my configuration:

I see, you got it wrong instead of entering your BTM address in the "worker" tab, you should enter your username from your antpool account.. Cheers
t4zer

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:41:47 AM

THANK YOU!!! I seem to be up and running now. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: