Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:14:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Bitmain AntMiner S1 Setup [HD]  (Read 112136 times)
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:23:47 PM

http://join.me is a great alternative to Teamviewer.  It's free also.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:14:56 PM

For some damn reason mine will not go to 400.

And yes I saved it and rebooted.

Even reopened putty to make sure

Remove the "#"s from the 400M set of options and put "#"s in front of the 350M options.  Without quotes of course. Then save and reboot.

Thanks got it.

Now how do I turn AUTO refresh on for the Miner Status page? Its on for a few other pages just not the important one  Shocked the option is not even there

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:22:29 AM

What is the fan noise when compared to a AM Cube. I know Dogie has had both. I have a couple on the way. I was thinking of replacing the stock fans with these.
http://www.quietpc.com/cl-swif2-12p

They are rated at 75cpm, but I plan on using two. These fans are very quiet and I have used them to tone down a Norco server.  They will be going in a spare bedroom, that is used occasionally . So I want to keed the noise to a minimum.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:43:40 PM

What is the fan noise when compared to a AM Cube. I know Dogie has had both. I have a couple on the way. I was thinking of replacing the stock fans with these.

They are rated at 75cpm, but I plan on using two. These fans are very quiet and I have used them to tone down a Norco server.  They will be going in a spare bedroom, that is used occasionally . So I want to keed the noise to a minimum.

I have 3 of the ants side by side, and the only noise the fan makes is that one of them came with a fan that I am not sure if it is broken or possibly needs to be tightened, but it sounds like it rattles just a bit, the other two are silent and if you were in my living room you would never know that 3 Ant units were running less than 5 feet away from you.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 05:16:44 PM

The cube is consistent and is like a quiet desktop pc. You could have 50 in your room and not really care. The Antminers are the same, IF you can keep it on its low rpm setting. As I have a single blade the aerodynamics aren't as good and so I use 2x120mm fans blowing directly on the heatsink to keep it cool and quiet.

Neither my antminer or cube is audible over my Avalon running at min rpm though.

zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:36:51 PM

im getting 16 asics showing up on chain 1 what does that mean?  also it made a beeping noise a few times first the began to hash?? ive overclocked it also and its hitting 203 so whats the issue??

temp is 47 and 48
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 12:58:19 AM

im getting 16 asics showing up on chain 1 what does that mean?  also it made a beeping noise a few times first the began to hash?? ive overclocked it also and its hitting 203 so whats the issue??

temp is 47 and 48

It should be 32 which may suggest you've overclocked to far?

The beeping just indicates its not actively hashing while the internet connects.

zulover

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:14:12 AM

The 16 asics were showing without overclocking but it was still hitting 176 ghs.
aonangj

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:27:21 PM

Does anyone have a link or suggestions on setting up the S1 on p2pool? Reading through p2pool it sounds like I would need another computer running the p2pool software on the network all the time. Is this the only way? I suppose I could setup a MacMini at my office to run it all the time, but if there is a way to set it up without that would love to understand/know how to get it set up.

Thanks to Dogie for the great guide!
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:17:28 AM

The 16 asics were showing without overclocking but it was still hitting 176 ghs.

The lack of ASIC's showing is a PSU rather than heat problem, your PSU is not producing enough amps.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
zulover

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:08:13 PM

i used a powercool 750watt psu for antminer unit and after a day or so it popped the psu, i exchanged it and the second one went in 30 mins also it says 24 amps per 12v shouldnt that be enough whats the problem?
batt01

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:42:47 AM

i used a powercool 750watt psu for antminer unit and after a day or so it popped the psu, i exchanged it and the second one went in 30 mins also it says 24 amps per 12v shouldnt that be enough whats the problem?
No PSU expert here, but I tend to stick with the high end brands. Corsiar is my first choice.

I am using a Corsair GS 600 without issues. I am not famluar with the brand you have.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 12:24:00 PM

No PSU expert here, but I tend to stick with the high end brands. Corsiar is my first choice.

I am using a Corsair GS 600 without issues. I am not famluar with the brand you have.
Yep, go for a name brand. It'll pay itself off in reliability, generic PSUs tend to be rated very precariously.

eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:22:21 PM

Wow so you took them out of the frame and mounted them with fans directly blowing on the heat sinks?  Very interesting... might be my weekend project.  I really want to push the hash rates with those new figures but I do worry about the capacitors.

I only have a single so I can keep it in the frame with no problems. Where are you getting the custom firmware from, I will check it out.
Its worth noting that I've left the default fan plugged in so the AntMiner doesn't get confused there is no fan and so I have direct control of the fans for testing. Lazy pic from across the room:

Hi Dogie,  I own a few of these S1's I am having issues finding a replacement fan.  I have had 2 units that the stock fan completely dies on.  I am trying to avoid downtime from mining---as it stings !  LoL    anyhow, I tried replacing with a corsair high air flow, and one blowing in from the back (connected to psu)...I immediately noticed that the corsair does not match the fan cooling/output of air that the stock fan has.  I seen my ant temp go to 51 pretty quickly.  I powered down, as I do not want to damage the ant. 

I cannot find a proper fan replacement on eBay (model #4715KL-04W-B56C), they all seem to have 5 pins instead of 4...any suggestions ?  thanks

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:10:27 PM

Don't ever buy generic PSUs. That thing is FAR from being able to handle 750w, it's a gutless wonder / fire hazard.

Buy any power supply made by Seasonic, or other brands that Seasonic is the OEM of. Other quality OEMS are Delta, Flextronics, or Superflower. Corsair uses a few top notch OEMs such as Seasonic and Flextronics. Avoid just about everything else when it comes to mining.

Example of a gutless wonder if curious: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=324
zulover

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:14:45 PM

Yep, go for a name brand. It'll pay itself off in reliability, generic PSUs tend to be rated very precariously.

yep from my info and advice from others theses machines need it, gone with silverstone strider 1500watt.

need a good fan to put on the other end for extraction to connect to the second board if poss, any ideas?
batt01

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:33:10 PM

I had these fand laying around cause I deided not to use them in a PC build. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026ZPFDE/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You have the snip the little tabs off the fan connector to get it fit with out forcing it on. You have to use some screws and nuts to attach them, the hardware that come with the fans wont work. Dogie refers to this in this thread.

I bought these locally, they didnt have the one I wanted.  These are very quiet and have good air flow of 75cfm. http://www.quietpc.com/cl-swif2-12p

eoakland

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:34:31 PM

are you using those fans to blow in, or exhaust in the back ?  i noticed that regular 120, even corsair high airflow fans will not match the same output of air/cooling that the stock ant fans come with.  and i am having a hard time finding those dinosaur fans.  i have contacted the manufacturer for RMA, but down time from mining sucks.  so am looking for a quick fix. 

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
batt01

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:05:03 PM

are you using those fans to blow in, or exhaust in the back ?  i noticed that regular 120, even corsair high airflow fans will not match the same output of air/cooling that the stock ant fans come with.  and i am having a hard time finding those dinosaur fans.  i have contacted the manufacturer for RMA, but down time from mining sucks.  so am looking for a quick fix. 
i
I have the fans set to pull heat off the heat sink. They are not nearly as powerful as the stock fan. someone should know of a suitable replacement.

eoakland

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:15:57 PM

i kind of figured you had them on as exhaust, for exhaust, just about any 120mm fan will do.  those front-end behemoths are hard to find in 4 pin.  i have seen 5 pin, but not sure if i can damage the board if i guess wrong and leave the wrong pin out of the plug ?   i must say customer service with Sushi and Bitmain are top-notch.  in the meantime, i just want to hash  =)

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: