Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:44:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50557 times)
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:02:04 PM

Crypsy does not deal in US Dollars, and crypto-exchanges exist under the jurisdiction of no official regulators on the local and federal levels.  Outside of breaking any of the State/Federal small business regulations for IT companies, there is nothing that can be done here without first passing some legislation or an executive order. 

For the record FinCEN would disagree with you.  That being said going to a regulator at this point is just stupid however FinCEN certainly believes it has oversight.
Quote from: FinCEN

An exchanger is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency.

The definition of a money transmitter does not differentiate between real currencies and convertible virtual currencies. Accepting and transmitting anything of value that substitutes for currency makes a person a money transmitter under the regulations implementing the BSA.
http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

Well then, I stand corrected.  There is a federal agency (FINCEN) with oversight of virtual currency to virtual currency exchanges.  That said, Cryptsy should be well aware of this and vice versa about FINCEN and Cryptsy.  That is a matter outside of the state level, and so I don't believe anything can be done by the State AG other than referring it upwards.  I am not a lawyer, but so far nobody has really pointed out the fact that Crypsy is likely not breaking any FL state laws, and therefore this stunt that was pulled (whether it happened or not), will likely have no direct consequences to Cryptsy.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:04:38 PM

OP, you are a fucking idiot.
+1 CoinHumper is an SA troll that has no foundational understanding of how Cryptos actually work.

I've had problems with Cryptsy, they've responded to all my tickets, and are working diligently to get everything working where it needs to be.

People like CH have no class, and do not belong in this high risk space. 
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:08:35 PM

OP, you are a fucking idiot.
+1 CoinHumper is an SA troll that has no foundational understanding of how Cryptos actually work.

I've had problems with Cryptsy, they've responded to all my tickets, and are working diligently to get everything working where it needs to be.

People like CH have no class, and do not belong in this high risk space. 

Agree to disagree. On one point, i feel like cryptsy has probably done nothing wrong, but on the otherhand i don't have 63 btc in limbo. If i did, i might be singing a different tune and so would you.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
stink

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:10:00 PM

Crypsy does not deal in US Dollars, and crypto-exchanges exist under the jurisdiction of no official regulators on the local and federal levels.  Outside of breaking any of the State/Federal small business regulations for IT companies, there is nothing that can be done here without first passing some legislation or an executive order. 

For the record FinCEN would disagree with you.  That being said going to a regulator at this point is just stupid however FinCEN certainly believes it has oversight.
Quote from: FinCEN

An exchanger is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency.

The definition of a money transmitter does not differentiate between real currencies and convertible virtual currencies. Accepting and transmitting anything of value that substitutes for currency makes a person a money transmitter under the regulations implementing the BSA.
http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

And They have publicly stated they are doing everything they need to.

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:10:10 PM

This certainly won't help you getting your coins back.
geocurt

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:12:46 PM

OP must rank among the 10 dumbest assholes on the planet.

One sure way to eff the whole thing up for everyone is to run to Mommy and Daddy.

You are trading cryptocurrency on an unregulated exchange and when you have a problem you think the answer is the State Government of Florida?!?!?

Thanks, now Cryptsy will get shutdown and all of our coins will be gone or worthless with nowhere to trade them.

Way to act on your temper-tantrum you dummy.
zavtra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:12:55 PM

God this sucks. If cryptsy is taken down, or heavily taxed, every single cryptocurrency will plummet in value.

But at least I can smile knowing that OP's coins will be worthless as well.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:23:36 PM

One sure way to eff the whole thing up for everyone is to run to Mommy and Daddy.

You are trading cryptocurrency on an unregulated exchange and when you have a problem you think the answer is the State Government of Florida?!?!?

Thanks, now Cryptsy will get shutdown and all of our coins will be gone or worthless with nowhere to trade them.

Uh i don't even touch cryptsy, im a strong supporter of coinex they have been getting ddosed alot since coming out of beta. Also im seeing like 100+ new traders a day so if you can get you coins out coinex is the way to go.

What about a good chunk of other people that dont have the equipment or the money to play around with BTC? Alt coins are our only means of enjoying the crypto community.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
geocurt

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:31:29 PM

Uh i don't even touch cryptsy, im a strong supporter of coinex they have been getting ddosed alot since coming out of beta. Also im seeing like 100+ new traders a day so if you can get you coins out coinex is the way to go.

Everyone of my orders has been filled at cryptsy, doesn't mean they will in the future but they have so far.

Coinex doesn't make a market in PXC which has been my most profitable coin, but I can leave that one at cryptsy and more the others over.  Do they have an autosell option at coinex?
geocurt

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:35:53 PM

Everyone of my orders has been filled at cryptsy, doesn't mean they will in the future but they have so far.

Coinex doesn't make a market in PXC which has been my most profitable coin, but I can leave that one at cryptsy and more the others over.  Do they have an autosell option at coinex?

They are taking feature request at coinex and they also take coin request also if im not mistaken.

Thanks - trying to login now.  Most important thing in these early days is to spread our risk.  However, I can't login to coinex with my account and I can't get the email recovery password.
stink

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:49:11 PM

I saw this coming, got most of mine out.. I am honestly concerned that they have not addressed the site or the complaint today at all...

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:58:13 PM

God this sucks. If cryptsy is taken down, or heavily taxed, every single cryptocurrency will plummet in value.

But at least I can smile knowing that OP's coins will be worthless as well.

If Cryptsy fails all the shitcoins will be gone.

CryptoAve opens soon so there will be another market for LTC, DGC, SRC, ARG, PPC and of course USD.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:10:52 PM

Trading problems have been noted in the past 24 hours on Cryptsy...

I wonder why...

http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com/archives/30074

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:28:01 PM

This busybody CoinHumper has not spoken to anyone. He seeks only for attention.
ixxi

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:02:14 AM

UPDATE:

I took a day off on Thursday December 12th and drove up to Tallahassee to the Florida AG's Office. After about an hour lecture and introduction to Crypto for two Investigators and Assistant AG, I then showed them several exchanges and Cryptsy, who was operating inside the State of Florida. Excited wasn't the word, you would have thought it was Christmas in addition to their jaw's dropping when they saw the volume and the amount of unregulated $$$ flowing through Mr. Vernon's site. They were extremely concerned at the potential fraud that was happening and the theory of a possible multimillion dollar ponzi scheme just seemed to materialize out of thin air. While she said they couldn't determine "if anything was indeed amiss, they were certainly going to be talking to Mr. Vernon as well as contacting their Federal counterparts"

What a jerk move. This is the worst thing you could have done for the cryptocommunity.

oxxymoronn

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:08:39 AM

I saw this coming, got most of mine out.. I am honestly concerned that they have not addressed the site or the complaint today at all...

You have to realize man... to Cryptsy... one little baby missing a few BTC is not even or nor should it be on the radar of a company of this potential.

To address this pathetic temper tantrum would take away from they're credibility.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:13:31 AM

This is all complete bullshit anyway, do you not think they know about this board? i mean seriously i'm sure most agencies are aware of BTC thus aware of this site thus well aware of cryptsy.

I very much doubt since they are applying for the ability to trade USD that anything is out with the accounting.  

They are simply NOT up to the job of running this kind of site, and have not hired anyone else to fix it for them. This is the main problem.  Besides is any one site able to shoulder the load of the entire alt trading community??

We need a decentralized exchange anyway, what is the point of having decentralized currency on a totally centralized exchange?

Cryptsy has served alts well and taken them far, this is the end of the road for cryptsy, time for the next stage of the evolution.

As to how we need to go about starting a decentralized exchange..............well let's talk about that.

Before that takes place we need several sites like cryptsy, all eggs in one site is crazy.

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:18:02 AM

Stink, are you the FLO Stink?

If so, are you abandoning the coin, or remaining a devotee?

(you made me quite a bit of money just by following your trading pattern)

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
KunningLinguist

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:20:28 AM

I took a day off on Thursday December 12th and drove up to Tallahassee to the Florida AG's Office. After about an hour lecture and introduction to Crypto for two Investigators and Assistant AG, I then showed them several exchanges and Cryptsy, who was operating inside the State of Florida. Excited wasn't the word, you would have thought it was Christmas in addition to their jaw's dropping when they saw the volume and the amount of unregulated $$$ flowing through Mr. Vernon's site. They were extremely concerned at the potential fraud that was happening and the theory of a possible multimillion dollar ponzi scheme just seemed to materialize out of thin air. While she said they couldn't determine "if anything was indeed amiss, they were certainly going to be talking to Mr. Vernon as well as contacting their Federal counterparts"

What you quite simply have done there is put in your thought and opinions as facts to the Attorney General. Paul Vernon has a solid legal team and legal investors aka Cryptsy Ken.

One may suggest then that your conversation was completely biased and the fact you had to "lecture" someone on the topic gives your argument zero validity.

One may suggest that when the AG finds nothing wrong, that Cryptsy looks at its options for prosecuting you for defamation and harassment.

rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:22:15 AM

You have to realize man... to Cryptsy... one little baby missing a few BTC is not even or nor should it be on the radar of a company of this potential.

To address this pathetic temper tantrum would take away from they're credibility.

He's missing a lot of money, so your jibes mean jack sh*t. I'm sure you'd be crying if it was you.

Maybe the BTC/alt community should offer its help to Cryptsy. It's a smart exchange, just had a bad path lately - partly made by itself.

So that means money and expertise to save an exchange that has until about 2 months ago been a fantastic resource.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: