Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:14:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50557 times)
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:26:37 AM

i've seen no real evidence that Cryptsy Ken is real, or a lawyer.

should i be taking my coins off the site? this doesn't make me feel too good to have much on there right now.

e521

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:30:41 AM

i've seen no real evidence that Cryptsy Ken is real, or a lawyer.

should i be taking my coins off the site? this doesn't make me feel too good to have much on there right now.

You can try but after confirmation your Withdrawals will be on pending..
I have 2 for a few hours, I trust Cryptsy but I trust more my cold wallets

A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:35:47 AM

I took a day off on Thursday December 12th and drove up to Tallahassee to the Florida AG's Office. After about an hour lecture and introduction to Crypto for two Investigators and Assistant AG, I then showed them several exchanges and Cryptsy, who was operating inside the State of Florida. Excited wasn't the word, you would have thought it was Christmas in addition to their jaw's dropping when they saw the volume and the amount of unregulated $$$ flowing through Mr. Vernon's site. They were extremely concerned at the potential fraud that was happening and the theory of a possible multimillion dollar ponzi scheme just seemed to materialize out of thin air. While she said they couldn't determine "if anything was indeed amiss, they were certainly going to be talking to Mr. Vernon as well as contacting their Federal counterparts"

What you quite simply have done there is put in your thought and opinions as facts to the Attorney General. Paul Vernon has a solid legal team and legal investors aka Cryptsy Ken.

One may suggest then that your conversation was completely biased and the fact you had to "lecture" someone on the topic gives your argument zero validity.

One may suggest that when the AG finds nothing wrong, that Cryptsy looks at its options for prosecuting you for defamation and harassment.

I agree, this guy should definitely be pursued legally.  Clearly he is not really interested in getting his BTC back, which I believe is a lie anyway.  He maliciously wants to disrupt Cryptsy's business and seems to be succeeding.  Even if the case wasn't won at least it would teach the fool a lesson with $10k's of legal defense..

Entz

Activity: 210

I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:52:41 AM

As a general rule, you should never have a large number of coins on any exchange unless you intend to use them right away (or can afford to lose them). Too many things can happen to them.

The pending withdrawal issue on Cryptsy is a bit worrisome however (I am getting it too).

A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:53:37 AM

I agree, this guy should definitely be pursued legally.  Clearly he is not really interested in getting his BTC back, which I believe is a lie anyway.  He maliciously wants to disrupt Cryptsy's business and seems to be succeeding.  Even if the case wasn't won at least it would teach the fool a lesson with $10k's of legal defense..

You guys tell each other what ever makes you all feel better. All I did was simply call the AG on Tuesday, explain to them I have more than $50K in limbo on an unregulated crypto exchange operating in Florida and they asked if I could come up in person on Thursday, which I certainly did. They asked me if I could prove any of it and I did indeed. TXID's were part of my explanation and demo. So far in the past three days I have recovered about 41 BTC or so of my coins that were in limbo. I in no way gave any false information or defamatory statements. All the AG is going to do is take a serious look and interest in this because it is happening in Florida and there are some Florida citizens potentially at risk here. If Cryptsy gets closed down, so be it. That means they weren't as squeaky clean as they claim.

The kicker in all of this, is that I wasn't even demanding for Cryptsy to return my coins now or anything, all I wanted was an explanation, which none of us got. Really would it have hurt any of them to have made a post here. For all those asking, YES I made several tickets and got unrelated canned responses for replies, IRC Support chat no luck, Twitter nothing, email nothing. Again, whose fault is this?

You can say all you want now, you have already taken the actions.  Even if your story about going to the AG is false, your malicious commentary on this thread would be enough for legal action.  You should have known that would be an obvious outcome of your actions.

A L I E N
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:57:51 AM

Crypsy does not deal in US Dollars, and crypto-exchanges exist under the jurisdiction of no official regulators on the local and federal levels.  Outside of breaking any of the State/Federal small business regulations for IT companies, there is nothing that can be done here without first passing some legislation or an executive order. 

For the record FinCEN would disagree with you.  That being said going to a regulator at this point is just stupid however FinCEN certainly believes it has oversight.
Quote from: FinCEN

An exchanger is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency.

The definition of a money transmitter does not differentiate between real currencies and convertible virtual currencies. Accepting and transmitting anything of value that substitutes for currency makes a person a money transmitter under the regulations implementing the BSA.
http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html

Cryptsy has been registered as an MSB in Florida since June so they have dealt with FINCEN.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:59:49 AM

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:00:19 AM

cryptsy has been broken for 2 weeks or more, seriously this place is not the answer to what we need.  I am waiting for withdrawals already over 5HOURS today still sitting on pending. That's after the pain in the ass of negative balances for hours until the site just refunded me some of my lost coins.

2 weeks + is not acceptable. Imagine facebook down for 2 weeks, google down for 2 weeks. Any internet site down for 2 weeks or broken for 2 weeks is just not what people are used to with the internet.
They don't even both really keeping anyone informed, their PR is terrible.  

They have cost people a lot of money and they have not taken the steps people have suggested on here to make things better.

The place is a stressful nightmare to deal with , but right now we have no other option.

How about some kind of crowd funded new exchange? surely someone could step up and start another cryptsy and another crypsty ...why is there just one?

Why don't they clone their own site to another domain since they can not scale this site it would seem.

Decentralized exchange is the only good way forward. Cryptsy has done as best it can but it is still broken and will not get better as more crypto traders turn up.

For now clone a ton of cryptsy sites ffs then lets look towards decentralizing the exchanges.

I don't want to see them shut down, and i can't see that happening at all. However they are not able to cope or seemingly find any solution. They have this stupid affiliate thing still running when they can't even cope with the volume they have now.

gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:04:57 AM

While I may not agree 100% with Cryptsys outlook and way of doing business, I think you are either 1 - jealous or 2 - just an idiot that has nothing better to do then try and piss people off. You sure are doing a good job of making yourself look like a real douchette though.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
ToxicDartFrog

Merit: 104

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:05:29 AM

I tried withdrawing just 3 LTC an hour ago as a test and it's still pending. Yes I did confirm in email. I'm concerned the price of LTC is dropping and am trying to go back to fiat for the next few days but this is holding me up. I have more to pull out but don't feel like funds going into limbo like these 3 LTC did. At least I've managed to pull most of my holdings off Cryptsy since the site started acting weird but this is still quite frustrating.

Instead of partying in Vegas, Vern needs to be fixing his site. I used to love that place but ever since the redesign a few weeks ago everything has been messed up with what appears as little being done to fix it. Also not sure filing with the AG was the best idea, but if these issues were dealt with instead of leaving everyone hanging then these people wouldn't have to complain...
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:09:52 AM

I saw this coming, got most of mine out.. I am honestly concerned that they have not addressed the site or the complaint today at all...

You have to realize man... to Cryptsy... one little baby missing a few BTC is not even or nor should it be on the radar of a company of this potential.

To address this pathetic temper tantrum would take away from they're credibility.

He's missing a lot of money, so your jibes mean jack sh*t. I'm sure you'd be crying if it was you.

Maybe the BTC/alt community should offer its help to Cryptsy. It's a smart exchange, just had a bad path lately - partly made by itself.

So that means money and expertise to save an exchange that has until about 2 months ago been a fantastic resource.

Your ignorant!
To say Cryptsy is on a bad path is a retarded statement.

They have contributed more to the crypto community then your punk ass ever will.

The valuation that people put on money differentiates greatly depending on they're own personal situations.  For myself, I would of waited to let Cryspty resolve this technical issue.... but obviously the OP has never touched any money of this nature before and freaks the fuck out like 50k means something.

GROW UP! Cryptsy is not trying to steal your chump change you pathetic, ignorant baby!
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:15:05 AM

second day running I've tried to gamble a few LTCs from my Cryptsy account - and the second day running they have sat in "pending", meaning my coins arrive too late, and I have to go to the bother of proving to another party that I sent them.

I should have learned the first time, I guess.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:20:23 AM

" retarded, punk ass, pathetic, ignorant baby!"

Some people are just hard to take serious when they use statements like this.

"but obviously the OP has never touched any money of this nature before and freaks the fuck out like 50k means something"

50k means 50k. Truth be told, the amount doesn't matter. OP was/is missing coins he just is taking action to get them back.

nrhs05

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:25:47 AM

I am taking my coins off the site, but it has 0 to do with the reasons of the OP.. i just do not like the stability and transfers from the site missing etc... sooo i will keep them on my wallet until these issues are cleared up.

I do think its wrong to continue trading with the issues the site has though...

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
oxxymoronn

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:27:40 AM

" retarded, punk ass, pathetic, ignorant baby!"

Some people are just hard to take serious when they use statements like this.

"but obviously the OP has never touched any money of this nature before and freaks the fuck out like 50k means something"

50k means 50k. Truth be told, the amount doesn't matter. OP was/is missing coins he just is taking action to get them back.

It might be hard to accept the truth sometimes..

The fact of the matter is that the OP overreacted to the extreme and you endorsed his hysterical behavior and emotional response as if it was a rational course of action, harming the industry in the process..

Your the one that has lost credibility by supporting this behavior, shame on you!
Galimore

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:31:25 AM

As someone without a dime in cryptsy, this thread is hilarious.

JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:31:43 AM

Count me in with the OP.  I, too, am awaiting the release of my BTCs.  Filed a support ticket.  No response except the canned response that doesn't mean sh!t.  So, I am just supposed to wait?  What, like a victim?

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:33:42 AM

Quoting oxymoron (sic)

"To say Cryptsy is on a bad path is a retarded statement.

They have contributed more to the crypto community then your punk ass ever will.

The valuation that people put on money differentiates greatly depending on they're own personal situations.  For myself, I would of waited to let Cryspty resolve this technical issue.... but obviously the OP has never touched any money of this nature before and freaks the fuck out like 50k means something.

GROW UP! Cryptsy is not trying to steal your chump change you pathetic, ignorant baby!!"

You like using that word "retarded" to your betters. Yet, you can't even construct a sentence that is not littered with simple-minded assertions, cliches and teenage insults.  I don't know you and I don't want to know you. You're a ridiculous little man with no firm grip on the situation. By all means wear your idiocy as a badge of pride, and seek out other idiots to confirm the falsehood that you're a bright spark with his finger on the pulse.

I just hope to God that you never sit on a jury.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
oxxymoronn

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:38:27 AM

You like using that word "retarded" to your betters.

This statement doesn't even make sense. Please try again.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:44:21 AM

You could " loose" manycoins for example on cancelled orders but there are ways to get them back fast ( within hours) butwithdraw and deposits arrive always both ways within   1 day.
How can I get mine back?  A withdrawal and a deposit are missing from both my balance and my pendings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: