Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:03:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] doge.scryptpools.com - DOWN UNTIL PENDING PAYOUTS ARE PROCESSED  (Read 147977 times)
danji31

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:37:32 PM

I've registered to post in this thread after reading it for a while.

First I want to thank Phonetic for a very good job done on his pool!

Scryptpools made me more DOGES than any other pool. This pool was smoking hot just a few days ago.
People lining up to pay 2% with their 1Mhz+ rigs, asking for invites because we all knew: Scryptpools with Phonetic is the place to be!

I've studied the scripts the pools run on and as a php developer I can tell you that the code doesn't scale well for many simultaneous users.
Especially when you're under a DDOS attack, which many of the popular DOGE pools suffered from.

Phonetic has been doing his best to keep the pool going, and so far  he has always kept his word.
I've been a fan of his work ethics. Combined with the payout of the site... this pool was golden.

Then the attacks came, and once while working on a fix I see Phonetic coming back to this thread being accused by people of being a scammer.
From that moment on everything that went wrong was proof he was a scammer.

This was just before or on Christmas.

Let's say he has a loving family, wanting him to be with them... and he has us... a pool of people accusing him of being a scammer.
Would you sacrifice your family's joy over a gang of people accusing you?

So how about we all turn this thing 180 degrees and get things up and running again.
Because we all know that this is one of the best pools when things work as they should.

First, let's assume he installed or configured a script that did pay out people too much.
To those that are not familiar with mining pool software... There is no single-install solution. You'll have to mix and match some scripts, who are cloned by many people with different features. Some turn out to have errors. Like paying out too little or too much.

So the pool is in debt because it paid some users too much, who may either stay quiet or just think they got lucky.

We can fix this debt the pool has by all chipping in. We could all donate 50 or 100 percent for a few hours of mining.
Yes we would give away our coins, but as DOGE miners and holders it wouldn't hurt to act as a community and help rebuild one of our foundations.

That could help strengthen the DOGE community vibe. And a better DOGE vibe could lead to a better DOGE exchange rate:)

Let's all stick our DOGES together and defeat the obstacles ahead!

What do you expect when people spend their time and money mining in a pool only to find their coins to be unavailable for withdraw. If Phonetic was the victim of a hacker, then I could be understanding of the current situation, but he has said nothing at all for days which speaks volumes to me. I assume my coins are gone, and I blame myself for continuing to trust the pool when it had so many issues. I should have moved pools as soon as my payouts stopped coming, but since the site has always been slow on payouts I put my faith in the pool and continued to mine. Even now there are still people mining, and that can only be attributed to being affiliated with the site or having eaten paint chips as a child. This will be the first time I've been burned by a pool, so I spent my 50k dodge on a lesson learned.

I think that IF Phonetic runs of with our DOGES, it will be because we made him do it. By constantly repeating he's a scammer.
If you keep telling something to someone, they may start to believe in it...

WTF?? If he runs with our coins, it's because he chose to do it, nothing more. It is a decision that is ultimately and solely made by him. As someone mentioned on another thread, he is only morally obligated to fulfill the payouts, moral being the keyword. Morality and cryptocoins are usually never used together in the same sentence, and this would be just another example.

BaneBear

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:53:47 PM

I've registered to post in this thread after reading it for a while.

First I want to thank Phonetic for a very good job done on his pool!

Scryptpools made me more DOGES than any other pool. This pool was smoking hot just a few days ago.
People lining up to pay 2% with their 1Mhz+ rigs, asking for invites because we all knew: Scryptpools with Phonetic is the place to be!

I've studied the scripts the pools run on and as a php developer I can tell you that the code doesn't scale well for many simultaneous users.
Especially when you're under a DDOS attack, which many of the popular DOGE pools suffered from.

Phonetic has been doing his best to keep the pool going, and so far  he has always kept his word.
I've been a fan of his work ethics. Combined with the payout of the site... this pool was golden.

Then the attacks came, and once while working on a fix I see Phonetic coming back to this thread being accused by people of being a scammer.
From that moment on everything that went wrong was proof he was a scammer.

This was just before or on Christmas.

Let's say he has a loving family, wanting him to be with them... and he has us... a pool of people accusing him of being a scammer.

I think that IF Phonetic runs of with our DOGES, it will be because we made him do it. By constantly repeating he's a scammer.

So how about we all turn this thing 180 degrees and get things up and running again.
Because we all know that this is one of the best pools when things work as they should.

First, let's assume he installed or configured a script that did pay out people too much.
To those that are not familiar with mining pool software... There is no single-install solution. You'll have to mix and match some scripts, who are cloned by many people with different features. Some turn out to have errors. Like paying out too little or too much.

So the pool is in debt because it paid some users too much, who may either stay quiet or just think they got lucky.

We can fix this debt the pool has by all chipping in. We could all donate 50 or 100 percent for a few hours of mining.
Yes we would give away our coins, but as DOGE miners and holders it wouldn't hurt to act as a community and help rebuild one of our foundations.

That could help strengthen the DOGE community vibe. And a better DOGE vibe could lead to a better DOGE exchange rate:)

Let's all stick our DOGES together and defeat the obstacles ahead!

But when all comes to all..
When no owner information is available. and Admins/Support/mods fails to respond...
They just start looking like black-scamming-pools. who let users continue to mine without getting payed.
Essentially having a great huge miner for themselves.

Doge.cryptohash.it is a great example of this..
Admins were active for several weeks fixing all issues until they stopped responding. Then it was a black-scammer pool for a month or so. befor going off ther ineternet. (i havent read any updates on this. but i lost over 40K doge on that pool because i gave those admins the benefit of the doubt, since they were active "only days prior" - And i still havent recieved anything from them..).

I have no idea if this is the same issue.. But how can we know for sure it isnt?
And thats the reason people are skeptical i would think...
minerX1979

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:22:02 PM

you are right my friend i like phonetic too
but he could say that miners im off for 1 week or 2
or im going to vacation or anything...

look at situation here...
1-coins stuck
2-no response from a active admin like phonetic
3-sell huge amount on doges on cryptsy
3-trace route info

what u execpt??
scrypt pool was best pool ive mined in and im very upset for this issue
and yes we will donate if it need to keep pool runing up

Yes, I absolutely agree he should keep us posted. A mining pool is not just an informative site for visitors, it's where we make money, and we pay pool operators for certain responsibilities. Like keeping our coins safe, keeping the site and pool running and to a certain point keep us up to date.

On Phonetic's defence:

Point 1: Yes, this is THE situation here, but could really be due to a malfunctioning script.
Point 2: Also a big no-no, but given how people bashed him he may be a bit upset.
Point 3: This could be anyone... Anyone noticed how a lot of pools didn't find any blocks for 4 hours this morning? Maybe someone has a mining cheat and sells every once in a while? Or cashing in from any of the DOGE sites that got hacked?
Point 4: Traceroute and Whois info only tells us Phonetic doesn't want the world to come knocking on his door in case something (beyond his control) goes wrong. This is very understandable and common practise for webmasters of all kinds of sites. Isn't the inventor of Bitcoin a pseudonym too? The better domain registrars offer this anonymity service to protect good willing customers. Because law enforcement can easily obtain the true identity of the owner.

Phonetic, wherever you are, please realize you had a very good thing going that made you and a lot of people good money.
It's having a dip, after last week's peak. It won't take much effort to get it back on it's feet and have us all prosper in the long term.
You have a group of loyal people, who maybe mining elsewhere now but they'll be back when you are.

The way people lined up to be at your place, some even willing to donate you out of trouble...
You must realize you have a special thing going?! Would be a shame to let that go to waste.
Jerfer

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:24:23 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 04:39:27 PM by Jerfer

Glad I got out before D-day. Some of you are naive (the ones defending his behavior)..

I'm sorry for everyone else who still has their dogecoin on the site.

The least this pool operator could've done/can still do is communicate.

DogeHouse.org has one of the most hash rates (3.3+GH/s) and is always up. It finds more blocks before other pools since it has a higher hash rate, so payout variance is a lot lower. I've been mining there for the past five days and it went down once for five minutes to upgrade to Dogecoin 1.3. It may have went down more than that, but I didn't notice. Payouts are almost instant. You can also talk to the owner and other miners in their IRC chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23dogehousepool

Fee is 1%.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Jerfer

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:32:31 PM

It's never to late to start communicating, for sure. All isn't lost... all it'll take is consistent communication and server improvements to get people back.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:33:50 PM

I am still mining at this pool. We will see whether my enormous amount of Doge's wind up at Cryptsy  Tongue

themrlonewolf

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:36:07 PM

@Phonetic

Man you are losing everybody from your pool and this is the reasons :

-Payouts slow , or really got a big issue , and then people is not getting trust on your pool
-Automatics Payouts are off .. that's another big issue
-2% fees ! It's a lot comparing to other pools where there no issues and they took 1% max ...

I'm the 4th from your pool actually and I'm going to have more 30Mh in the next week , if you don't solve those issues , who are really easy is you want to solve ( I'm IT Manager so I know what i'm talking about )

There was 3Gh on your pool , I understood servers issues with a lot of people coming into your pool , but now it's different you have only 0,70Gh actually , so why there still issues ?

Please keep in mind that all understood that you past christmas day on the server , but if a server runs good , without any Withdraw payements , it's a good things for you , but no for workers

Best Regards
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:43:20 PM

I'm still waiting for payouts to work, have a small amount still sitting on the server but I won't point any miners there until the system is up and running again.
kudrya

Activity: 159

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:05:19 PM

Hi
5-6 days ago I tried to make a  manual withdrawal, but coins is still frozen on the site
User Id 6300

thks
MoneyMuscles

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:13:02 PM

This has got to be one of the stupidest things ive ever read.

Sacrificing your families joy to a bunch of people accusing you of scamming? Umm If you run a business or service that thousands of people rely on then yes, yes you do. Because we all have families and are all trying to make some money. If he or you cant make that sort of sacrifice or commitment to a job then dont start a pool or any sort of business that caters to others.
If you are running your service with low or no standards then you can be guaranteed that you are going to receive complaints and have you and your businesses legitimacy questioned, IN ANY BUSINESS. Thats a fact.

Then in your next point you basically say that someone can steal my money because I hurt his feelings...

And why would I donate 50% to 100% for the next few hours of my mining time to see this problem fixed? Phonetic has not confirmed anything or made any requests, why have you just made all these stupid assumptions? As of now Ive basically donated days of my mining time to this pool, i think its past the time to be donating a few more mining hours to Phonetics pool.

Glermferther

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:13:55 PM

Wait it out...i think he will make good.
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:19:42 PM

I like to think the best of people, but given the evidence, or lack of it, the nicest slant my heart can put on this is he's been hit by a truck or something, out of action with nobody else capable or aware of how to admin the pool. I'd lay money thats the case with a lot of these one man and his doge pools. But my head says we got ripped.

I am however totally amazed at the quantity of people who have stayed at the pool, given all the red flags. Any pool with auto payout disabled has to be totally suspect.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 09:22:55 PM

There are still > 1800 miners connected.. so what do you worry about :-)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
oktay50000

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:03:52 PM

i think he is reading this topik and laughs...
pool is going to die Undecided

BTC : bc1qqz9hvv806w2zs42mx4rn576whxmr202yxp00e9

feel free to buy me a bear
prdatur

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:37:33 PM

That's wrong:
POOL WORKERS: 1068 and hashrate dropped to 0.5 gh's. This within 6 days, think within the next week, if phonetic doesn't react this pool is over.
I loved this pool really but not with such issues....

Oh wait, just watched profile:
Last Active:   Today at 07:57:04 PM

So he knows know everything he needs to know to maybe rescue his pool. We will see.
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:52:50 PM

WE HAVE ACTIVITY AT POOL HOME PAGE, ANNOUNCMENT:

Payouts, posted Dec 28, 2013 at 13:54 by Phonetic

Payouts will be fixed soon.

If you have submitted a manual withdrawal, please resubmit it.

===================================
EDIT: Before you all get excited, i've tested it, and the system still won't allow you to re-submit manual withdrawals! and it now appears that the support request system is having
problems. Sigh...
minerX1979

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:56:20 PM

This has got to be one of the stupidest things ive ever read.

Sacrificing your families joy to a bunch of people accusing you of scamming? Umm If you run a business or service that thousands of people rely on then yes, yes you do. Because we all have families and are all trying to make some money. If he or you cant make that sort of sacrifice or commitment to a job then dont start a pool or any sort of business that caters to others.
If you are running your service with low or no standards then you can be guaranteed that you are going to receive complaints and have you and your businesses legitimacy questioned, IN ANY BUSINESS. Thats a fact.

Then in your next point you basically say that someone can steal my money because I hurt his feelings...

And why would I donate 50% to 100% for the next few hours of my mining time to see this problem fixed? Phonetic has not confirmed anything or made any requests, why have you just made all these stupid assumptions? As of now Ive basically donated days of my mining time to this pool, i think its past the time to be donating a few more mining hours to Phonetics pool.

I stated that he does have obligations towards us. But that I understand him not showing up here where everybody only complains and accuses.
Not professional, but understandable.

I haven't said he could steal, I said you can turn someone in that direction by repeating it over and over.

Should there be a case for donating, it would be voluntary, like social people sometimes do when disaster struck.
I would help to rebuild a pool that pays more than other pools. Technically it would more be an investment than donation.

Don't get me wrong guys, there's only a slight chance this all ends up well.
But I think we should steer this in a positive direction if we want a chance for a positive outcome.

Personally I don't get why someone would steel xxx coins once, if they can take 2% every day. So in 50 days they have the same amount and it keeps on coming after that.

Keeping that in mind, this may turn out well... Else the joke's on me indeed.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 11:00:27 PM

Simply spread your hashing power.. Mine a week here, the other week there and the third week there..

Or even reduce it to days.. This way you'll never loose many coins and are safe.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
SanSasha

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:17:43 PM

You already have one active manual payout request.

Transactions=> Could not find any transaction

why??? help me...
shaytal

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:19:31 PM

You already have one active manual payout request.

Transactions=> Could not find any transaction

why??? help me...

same here
can't cashout my doge coins.
already sent a support message and nothing..
 Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: