Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:58:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Ixcoin - a new Bitcoin fork  (Read 128123 times)
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 03:15:43 AM

They'll need to be restarted.
Ok, thanks. I'll update my exchange and pool this weekend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2011, 06:06:59 AM

Good changes, I like it.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:17:47 AM

Hey smoothie, I have several thousand testnet coins. I'll sell them to you for .001 BTC/per. Maybe you can turn around and scam someone out of .002/per if you are wise about it.

+1

He would if he could

Actually no. If there was an exchange I would take the coins and exchange them but no Oldminer/Thomas I'm not like you.

I prefer honest transactions and not premined dixcoins.

Honest? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAL:KDBJSF:IK?BSF:"LOIBUN

You scammy fucktard.

i guess using DoubleC's exchanges are scammy so I guess all who use them are scammers including DoubleC.

That's some handicapped logic...doublec is providing a service in demand at an extremely low fee using his infrasctructure that requires he spend time and money to maintain it.

You, on the other hand, are passing off goods that you claim are bullshit to unwitting buyers, thus becoming complicit in the scam. You produce nothing, and add nothing.

Just because there is someone out there dumber than you doesn't make it ok to take advantage of them.

Okay everybody who profited through DoubleC's exchange. You gotta return the profits to the losers in the game. Because it isn't right to take advantage of them. Captialism is illegal here in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Come on now return them. Just send them to me and I'll make sure the owners get their losses back. Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:19:15 AM

Hey smoothie, I have several thousand testnet coins. I'll sell them to you for .001 BTC/per. Maybe you can turn around and scam someone out of .002/per if you are wise about it.

+1

He would if he could

Actually no. If there was an exchange I would take the coins and exchange them but no Oldminer/Thomas I'm not like you.

You scammy fucktard.

i guess using DoubleC's exchanges are scammy so I guess all who use them are scammers including DoubleC.

That's some handicapped logic...doublec is providing a service in demand at an extremely low fee using his infrasctructure that requires he spend time and money to maintain it.

You, on the other hand, are passing off goods that you claim are bullshit to unwitting buyers, thus becoming complicit in the scam. You produce nothing, and add nothing.

Just because there is someone out there dumber than you doesn't make it ok to take advantage of them.

Okay everybody who profited through DoubleC's exchange. You gotta return the profits to the losers in the game. Because it isn't right to take advantage of them. Captialism is illegal here in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Come one now return them. Just send them to me and I'll make sure they owners get their losses back. Grin

You like using color text dont you? Did you like using thick colored crayons in pre-school too?  Roll Eyes

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 26, 2011, 06:20:36 AM

+1

He would if he could

You scammy fucktard.

Okay everybody who profited through DoubleC's exchange. You gotta return the profits to the losers in the game. Because it isn't right to take advantage of them. Captialism is illegal here in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Come one now return them. Just send them to me and I'll make sure they owners get their losses back. Grin

You like using color text dont you? Did you like using colored crayons in pre-school too?  Roll Eyes

You know it.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 08:55:19 PM

As can be seen in the plot at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/plotmbc.html it has not yet plummeted below the value of DeVCoins despite the fact that DeVCoins are deliberately designed to not be worth more than 1/1000 of the value of the more-normal types of coins.

So I guess if you fear they will drop below DeVCoins in value maybe you should sell them for DeVCoins before that happens.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
lightlord
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3226
Merit: 1226

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 08:58:56 PM

Sorry for bumping old thread!  Wink

This coin is dead and burried or what? I see Bitparking pool is still merged-mining it with few other currencies.

https://vircurex.com/
You can still sell or buy ixcoins.
They aren't dead yet.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 01:19:49 AM

Cuz there are no uses for them, the developer has left the building, and BTC has been stronger?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 02:41:48 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2012, 10:56:16 AM by markm

As can be seen in the plot at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/plotmbc.html it has not yet plummeted below the value of DeVCoins despite the fact that DeVCoins are deliberately designed to not be worth more than 1/1000 of the value of the more-normal types of coins.

So I guess if you fear they will drop below DeVCoins in value maybe you should sell them for DeVCoins before that happens.

-MarkM-

I was just curious because I have no Ixcoin address, and I was making Bitparking account.

But why are all existing coins dropping in value, on graph?

Because that plot shows everything's value as measured in the top dog coin.

If instead you plot everything against a coin that is going down, such as litecoin, things going down do not look as if they are going down as fast as when plotted against a top performer, and things going up look like they are going up faster, and things that are going down but are not going down as fast as litecoin could even look like they are not going down.

Here is litecoin-based plot: http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/plotltc.html

if you prefer to value things in terms of bitcoins, then again things look slightly different, as in a bitcoin-based plot only things going up faster than bitcoin is look like they are going up, and only things going down faster than bitcoin look like they are going down:

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/plotbtc.html

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 09:31:40 AM

-MarkM-

I was just curious because I have no Ixcoin address, and I was making Bitparking account.

But why are all existing coins dropping in value, on graph?

Because that plot shows everything's value as measured in the top dog coin.

If instead you plot everything against a coin that is going down, such as litecoin, things going down do not look as if they are going down as fast as when plotted against a top performer, and things going up look like they are going up fster, and things that are going down but are not going down as fast as litecoin could even look like they are not going down.

Here is litecoin-based plot: http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/plotltc.html

if you prefer to value things in terms of bitcoins, then again things look slightly different, as in a bitcoin-based plot only tings going up faster than bitcoin is look like they are going up, and only things going down faster than bitcoin look like they are going down:

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/plotbtc.html

-MarkM-

would you mind putting up a legend somewhere to explain what all these alternacoins are called? I have never heard about a couple (mbc?)

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 10:38:48 PM

the wiki isnt working on ixcoin.org ... some weird SSL error...
no good sign.
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 06:43:40 PM

As soon as the ASICS come in action, Ixcoin will be revived  Grin
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:59:26 PM

Not without someone to take over/continue developing it..
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2013, 05:52:50 PM

Why is that?

Also is IXCoin dead? Can you trade it?
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 07:05:35 AM

Why is that?

Also is IXCoin dead? Can you trade it?

Yes, just found out you can trade them at VirCurEx.

Just bought me 5,000 of them for 0.7 BTC Smiley
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2013, 07:22:49 AM

No one wanted to mine at a Massively Merged Mining pool that mined lots and lots of types of coins all at once, so the Massively Merged Mining project was put on back burner pending its ability to start deploying more and more ASICs to secure as many of the meged mine able coins as it reasonably can.

Ixcoin is reasonable to merged mine so it will benefit come that time.

-MarkM-

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 10:03:15 PM

Price is low, I'm hoarding  Grin
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 11:21:14 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2013, 11:57:28 PM by Sunny King

Problem with ixcoin is the subsidy is supposed to stop in less than 2 years. Then it's dead in the water unless there is enough transaction activity to continue mining support, which looks rather unlikely at the current rate, as I think merge miners would drop it without enough income.

Of course at that point it would be easy for someone to take it over and turn the subsidy back on. But then it's not a serious cryptocurrency as its money supply can be changed by a whim.

Maybe Nasakioto just wanted to demonstrate what could happen to bitcoin in the remote future if transaction fees couldn't support enough mining interest  Wink

Edit: It does have 21M limit and 0 subsidy afterwards (looked at wrong branch earlier):
int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64 nSubsidy = 96 * COIN; //ixcoin

// Subsidy is cut in half every 4 years
    nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 210000);

//Hard limit to 21M Ixcoins
if (nHeight >= 227499)
nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:34:21 PM

Maybe Nasakioto just wanted to demonstrate what could happen to bitcoin in the remote future if transaction fees couldn't support enough mining interest  Wink
IIRC, having this happen early was part of the experiment to see what would result. BTW, bitparking has temporarily stopped merge mining ixcoin to fix issues with merge mining and version 1/2 blocks. I hope to resume in a couple of days but in the meantime hashrate of ixcoin and transaction speeds is likely to be low unless someone else joins in.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 11:35:10 PM

Problem with ixcoin is the subsidy is supposed to stop in less than 2 years. Then it's dead in the water unless there is enough transaction activity to continue mining support, which looks rather unlikely at the current rate, as I think merge miners would drop it without enough income.

Of course at that point it would be easy for someone to take it over and turn the subsidy back on. But then it's not a serious cryptocurrency as its money supply can be changed by a whim.

No ... he just wanted to create something with temporary value so he could sell his solo pre-mine and make (people give him) money.

The coin has no value - just the usual people thinking it has for no reason and throwing BTC at it - or those who mined it before hoping it will go up in value so they can cash out.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: